“Close to many food options, within driving distance of Gettysburg”

Holiday Inn Express Hanover
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed here for the purpose of visiting Gettysburg in October, 2012. It wasn't a bad drive, maybe a half an hour or less, to the National Park and this hotel served my purpose for that. There were many food options within walking distance with at least two restaurants literally in the adjacent parking lot. The only main negative was that my room was supposed to be a non-smoking room but did smell like a perfume trying to mask smoke and had an ashtray with matches in the bathroom - I had to sign something when I arrived saying I wouldn't smoke or would be subject to a fine so I found this peculiar that ashtrays were present (I spent little time in the room on the first day so I didn't even notice this until day two). To be fair to the hotel, I should note that I did not complain and the hotel might very well have moved me to a non-smoking room had I asked. In hindsight, I should have raised the issue of the smell of the room as my clothes did smell like this room once I got to my next couple of hotels. Still, I would possibly stay here again and would simply watch more carefully to be sure that I've been put into a non-smoking room. Hotel seemed quite crowded too with a lot of kids staying at the time and I found the price a bit high compared to other similar hotels.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank RCollier

Reviewed 18 July 2012

We recently spent 3 nights here over a weekend. I must honestly say, I can't think of a single negative thing about this hotel. (My brother was sad there was no pool.) Breakfast was great, staff were very pleasant and friendly, and the room was spotless.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
VaniM305, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Hi Lynne C,

Thank you and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, which I have shared with our employee.

I also would like to let you know that we do offer a free pass to the nearest YMCA for the guest to enjoy their full facilities including the pool, they have heated and non-heated pool, steam room and etc.

I look forward to welcome you and family again in future.

Have a wonderful summer !

Reviewed 25 June 2012

As another review this suggessted, this is a good alternative for Gettysburg visitors. Friendly staff, decent location, and clean room. This is just what you expect from HI Express.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Great Day 45viking!

Thank you for your wonderful remarks and it was great of you to point out the positives you experienced with our Holiday Inn Express.

Please do let us know should be arriving in town and I hope we have another opportunity to serve you and your family in the future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 29 May 2012

As stated in prior reviews, I'm partial to the Holiday Inn brand. The Hanover property is another fine example of why. We were visiting the Gettysburg area, and while this property is about 15 miles away, it was less expensive than other closer hotels, plus I got another fine Holiday Inn experience.

The staff was wonderfully friendly, the hotel was clean and undergoing renovation, which was only a minor inconvenience - we had to walk around a crane while men worked on the roof. The work area was clearly and safely marked off with yellow tape.

The rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable. The two queen beds each had two firm and two soft pillows, and the mattresses were just right. Wifi provided a solid signal for my laptop. The bathroom was spacious and functional, with a very nice adjustable shower.

I would absolutely return to this hotel on a future visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Hi JohnnyGeez

Thank you for your kind comments and we greatly appreciate every feedback.

Our aim is to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay and we are very sorry for the inconveniences you had encountered with the construction during your stay. The outside renovations is almost complete and hope your future stay will be a better experience.

Please be sure to let us know when you will be arriving so we can have your favourite room ready. Looking forward to see you again soon.

Have a great Summer !

Reviewed 19 May 2012

If you are visiting Gettysburg, this is a good place to stay. It is about 15 miles from the battlefield, but less expensive than staying closer. The staff is friendly and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. The rooms aren't gigantic, but they have everything you need and are very clean.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emale73
VaniM305, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Hi Emale73,

Thank you so much ! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express, Hanover-PA.

We hope you travel again to Holiday Inn Express to experience our newly remodelled lobby and great room. We have some new fixtures in the guest room and still many more changes to come. Please be sure to let us know when you are coming so we can reserve your favorite room for you and your family.

Again thank you and looking forward to see you soon. Have a Great Summer !

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed in Hanover to visit Gettysburg on the way to Washington DC. What started out as a 2 day stay turned into a 3 day stay when we all got the flu. The staff was wonderful! They checked on us, got us extra linens/towels and sent a rollaway bed (so I didn't have to sleep next to my sick husband!).

The hotel is convenient to the Gettysburg battlefield and also has a Rite Aid drugstore and Texas Roadhouse restaurant across the street (walking distance). A large shopping center with Target, Subway, Petsmart, etc is located just down the street. Very convenient for families.

The hotel does not have a pool, yet they have an arrangement with the local YMCA. The hot complimentary breakfast each morning was very nice. They also have free wi-fi. The staff is extremely friendly and caring. If we go back this way, we will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tiggmom
VaniM305, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Hi Tiggmom,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your kind comments regarding your recent experience with the Holiday Inn Express, Hanover. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

I hope you and your family are well and had a great trip to Washington, DC. We are looking forward to see you again in near future.

Have a fantastic Day!

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times, for extended periods of time...with many future trips planned. I must say that the staff is extremely friendly and enjoy striking up conversations. On these long trips, they make the stay seem "home-like". Although one staff member "lost" the bottle opener, she pointed me in the right direction to get one. lol

On the down side, the laundry equipment was a bit lacking in effectiveness.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeremy F
VaniM305, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hanover, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Good Day Mr Jeremy F,

Thank you for your kind comments. We love to hear what our guest have to say and sharing your comments with our employees and seeing a smile on their face felt very much appreciated.

Currently, we are remodelling our interior and lots of fixtures and equipment are being changed. We are getting new washer and dryer soon besides a vending machine for the detergent. Hopefully by your next trip we will have everything ready.

Again, thank you and we are looking forward to see you many more times. Have a Great Weekend !

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Hampton Inn Hanover
President Inn & Suites
President Inn & Suites
#21 of 28 in Gettysburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hanover? Share your experiences!