“Hot Diggity Dog!”

Ranked #6 of 133 Restaurants in Hanover
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Please check your attitude and expectations at the door. Go sit down in one of their comfortable booths, enjoy the vibe of a classic small-town diner that focuses on hot dogs, grab a beer, shut up and enjoy your chili dog. Have eaten here three times in the last 6 months and have no complaints. My wife tells me they have the best pies anywhere. This restaurant is about experience and history. It's about spending a few bucks for something you should probably limit to a few times a year. The dogs are good, the buns are fresh and the fries have always been hot. If you are in Hanover, PA, treat yourself to a Famous, or two. Burrrrrrpp! Excuse me.

2  Thank Alan W

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The staff was very nice and quick to provide me with my take-out order. I got the taco salad which was average. The hot dogs smelled delicious and I kept wishing I had ordered one of them. Lesson learned. Order what the restaurant is famous for.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I've had better hot dogs at ball games. The hot dogs are chopped up and if you ask for loaded, you wont even taste the hot dog.

I know Famous Hot Weiner is a huge deal in Hanover and I'm not saying it was awful food or overly priced but it just wasn't for me.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

It was interesting to get a taste of what is evidently a staple of folks from Hanover. They have photos of famous patrons going back decades. Their "Famous" Hot Dog is covered with condiments. I had to remove some of the onions which were really piled on. It's not what I expected (more of a German version of the Hot Dog) but it's good to get away from corporate restaurants and try local cruisine. If you like Hot Dogs, you should give it a try.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I had the hot dog with everything. It was so overloaded with condiments I could not really taste the hot dog. I did notice that there was a little more of snap due to the hot dog's casing. When I took a bite of just the hot dog I was not any more impressed with it. I was told that the meat was a mix of beef and chicken - an unusual combination. I also had the burger. It is shaped to fit a hot dog bun and served on one. It was okay but nothing special. My sister had a BLT said it was good. My plate also came with fries. Again nothing special.

The service was good. We were attended to quickly and were able to get answers to our questions.