“Convenient to Hershey Park”

Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We were fully satisfied with our 2 night stay at the property. The room was modern. It included a fridge and a microwave. The pool was refreshing and surprisingly uncrowded. Breakfast was adequate.

Location is conveniently located just off the highway. Several gas stations with low gas prices were at this exit. And Hershey park is a straight shot down Rt 39, maybe 10 - 15 minutes away. There's a Giant Supermarket along the way where you can buy discounted park tickets. These were a great deal, saving us $15 per ticket AND providing free parking if you bought 2 or more tickets.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NewMexBound
Akash P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you were fully satisfied with our hotel and newly renovated rooms! As you mentioned, our location to Hershey Park is convenient and we are glad that you were able to take advantage of it!

We thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks,
Akash K. Patel
Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed over night and enjoyed the comfortable room and free breakfast. We took advantage of the hot tub, and the small fitness center. My only complaint would be that the pool was very cold and somewhat murky. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and were able to take advantage of some of our wonderful amenities! I am also pleased to hear that you were happy with our staff. We take great pride in our service!

I am sorry to hear that the pool was cold and murky. I have spoken with our head engineer and he will be sure to pay extra attention to the pool going forward.

Thanks for staying at our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Thanks,
Akash K. Patel
Manager

Reviewed 26 June 2013

This Holiday Inn is much nicer than most HI. Rooms are updated with reading lights on the beds, TV mounted on the wall. Lobby has about 5 computers for guest to use which is nice. Staff appears to be all family and staff service was not very friendly/attentive, especially keep food stocked during breakfast as they were too busy talking. Ice Machine on our floor did not work. Location is good and lots of business people were staying there. Hotel is good option for clean room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NcTravelinman
Umesh V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. We take each and every comment seriously and we are upset to hear that your recent stay with us was less than satisfactory.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our room features, but are sorry to hear that our breakfast selections were not properly mantained.

I am sorry I could not gather any contact information from the review. Please feel free to contact me at 717-540-8400, so that I can speak to you personally about the issues you encountered during your stay.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We were disappointed by this Holiday Inn and we stay in several each year. The rooms were large clean, spacious, and comfortable but the staff was not good. Our toilet was clogged and instead of unclogging it, the front desk asked us to come down, get a plunger and do it ourselves. Unplunging other people's poop made us queasy. Next, the work out equipment had only 3 pieces. I could live with no weights and a small wait, but the AC did not work and it was 85 degrees. Also, the TV in the exercise room did not work. Further, as a priority club member I expected to be greeted with a welcome and the usual ticket for something from the pantry. Not only did that not happen, but the front desk lady was rude. When I asked if there was anything extra for priority club members, she said angrily, we don't do that here.I asked if there were any upgrades (as advertised in the program ) and she said like I told you, we don't do that here. Next, I had two rooms, one for us and one for the kids fully paid 2 months in advance. I requested that we be next to each other and we were put across the hall instead. Apparently, they don't do that either. I undestood that they had one luggage cart and that it was in use by one guest for several hours but a second cart like other HI's is not asking too much. Finally, breakfast was sub-par. We get that there is no chef for breakfast because there is no restaraunt like in VA beach, the one near Dorney Park, or Coloinal Williamsburg but the HI in Danbury had a fresh pancake machine and another one had a waffle machine and both had packets of peanut butter and jelly. They also had apples at the front desk and this one had none of these and ran out pseudo eggs around 9. Finally, I paid a lot more for this room than in Tampa near Busch Gardens and the other HI mentioned above. it was not a bad stay because Hersheypark and Harrisburg are awesome, but I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sjreviewer
Umesh V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

I would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you recent stay with us was less than satifactory.

Our staff prides itself in providing exceptional customer service and I regret to hear this is not what you experienced. We are re-training our front desk staff, so that these issue don't arise in the future

I also like to apologize to you in reference to misunderstanding of Priority Club member's recognition. We are proud member of IHG family and we welcome all our valued Priority Club members. We value our priority club member guests very highly and we are very appreciative of their continuous business to us. We proudly recognize each and every member and our Hotel has proven track record of recognizing Priority Club Members. Our Hotel management and ownership proudly and steadfastly follows each and every standard and guideline of IHG and Priority Club meticulously. Since it is not Priority Club or IHG Standard, our Hotel does not participate in giving out tickets for pantry items to selected few, instead we pride ourselves in providing the best value, best possible services, breakfast selections and amenities to all our valued guests.

I am sorry I could not get your contact information from the review. We would like to talk you personally to find out more details so we can make it right for you. We are very hopeful that we will see you again at our hotel in the near future.

Sincerly,
Umesh@padutchhotels.com

Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way back to Virginia. Easy to find, great location right off of Interstate 81. This hotel is new and the design is very modern compared to some of the older Holiday Inns. We stayed in a room with two double beds. Exceptional room, super clean, super comfortable. My favorite part were the attached reading lamps to each headboard. Welcoming staff. Great stay!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our room features and our location.

Our staff prides itself on providing exceptional customer service and I am happy to hear that this was provided to you

We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Harrisburg/Hershey area.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

We stopped for one night on our way to Connecticut. This Holiday Inn Express needs a little attention and doesn't seem to meet the standards of other properties in the chain. The room was acceptable, but the carpeting in the common areas and in the elevators are in need of a thorough cleaning or replacing. The breakfast was the standard one offered and was very good, although we noticed that the breakfast attendant's young daughter was unsupervised and helped herself to the breakfast as did other motel personnel. This motel was satisfactory for a one-night stay, but I would choose a other motel when driving through this area again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear traveler1018_8,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the carpet and the breakfast. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 June 2013

This hotel seems very new as of May, 2013. The rooms are very spacious and lighting and electrical outlets are readily available to recharge all our electronics. The wifi is easy and simply to access. The room was very clean (even by my wife's standards which are high). The provided plenty of towels. The beds were very comfortable along with the linens. The breakfast was excellent with some hot items in addition to cereals, etc.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Umesh V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thank you! Thank you so much for giving this great review. My team and I really appreciate it. This works great a moral booster for our team. Our team works hard and takes great pride in providing best possible services to our guests.

I'm happy to hear that you liked our room layout with easy access to electrical and wifi. That was our topmost priority when we were designed room layout and guestroom furniture. Our Express Start Hot Breakfast is very popular as it offers plenty of options.

We thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon again.

Thank you.