Sleep Inn & Suites(Harrisburg)
US$132
US$159
US$171
US$157
Homewood
Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$339
US$295
Hilton.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Nice hotel except for the restaurant. The restaurant lacks a good menu, it is very basic. Saying this the lunch I had was good, but soup and sandwiches simply don't go inline with Crowne Plaza. Great friendly staff all round!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thrilled you loved the hotel! I hope you had a great time in the Harrisburg/Hershey area visiting all of the sites and tastes! As for the taste in our restaurant....GREAT NEWS! Our new Chef has implemented a new menu that is rolling out during the week of August 6th. Items for breakfast include: Oatmeal with bruleed bananas & raisins, Lox & Bagel, Crab Cake Eggs Benedict. Lunch includes: Bourbon Glazed Atlantic Salmon Filet Sandwich, Crab Cake Sandwich with Black Sauce & Honey Mustard Drizzle, Salmon Salad with a Garlic Lemon Vinaigrette. And tempt your taste buds with these dinner entrees: Shrimp & Sea Scallop a la Lucalus, Sole Meunerie, Marinated Twin Chicken Breasts with Mango Salsa! Sorry you weren't able to enjoy this menu on the past visit - hopefully you will return to experience the new and improved version! Thank you again for the great feedback!

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Booked last minute for a two day stay and got a greatly reduced rate. First thing you get when you arrive is a $18/day fee for parking. Not knowing the area and it being 10:30pm, it seemed like the thin to do.
Staff is very good, friendly and attentive. Rooms need to be updated. Wall Paper peeling, dings, dents, bad plaster fixes. The Bathroom is very small.
Now here’s my thing….. When did this big “Green initiative” become a way for hotels to offer fewer services? No longer do they wash and changes sheets each day. I didn’t know Vacuuming was a perk. Clean glasses are no longer replaced for dirty ones.
Beds are now made and towels are replaced (if you leave them on the floor) and that is about all you get.
I requested our room to re-cleaned and they said “absolutely”. However it never was. I take that to mean that this services isn’t available.
I complained and they were apologetic and offered some additional perks which was as much as the front desk could do.
If I would have paid regular rates, I would have been greatly disappointed. I did however get what I paid for.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing. I feel terrible about the impression you received from our hotel in regards to the housekeeping service. You are correct, the Green Initiative does allow Hotels to not change sheets but every three days. However, if we said we would clean the room, the attendant should have changed every last sheet. For this I am truly sorry. Glasses are absolutely supposed to be replaced (unless someone leaves a glass with what appears to be water in it - sometimes guests put their contact lenses in glasses if they forgot their contact case - I have personally done that so we ask our attendants to leave any glasses that look to have water in them). A room is supposed to be completely refreshed including vacuuming, this is our standard. I will determine who on staff needs a "refresher" on "refreshing" a guestroom. Please know this will be addressed and handled swiftly. Happy that you enjoyed the staff and services..... If you have any further feedback for me, I can always be contacted at 717-920-1781.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Hotel is too old and small. Carpet is really dirty. Service is the worst one. Nothing is worth to stay.

1  Thank Y K

Thanks for the kind words about the Hotel and Max at the bar! He was thrilled to see his name on Trip Advisor! The staff appreciates your thoughtful comments! Safe Travels!

Stephanie Foose

Reviewed 13 July 2012

My $73 booking with one of the bidding sites landed us a great experience. I was expecting a poor view, lumpy bed and dirth room. It couldn't be further from expectations. Great, clean, well appointed room. The staff was friendly. Max at 2wentythre3 made sure our Teens were pleased with the meal. Thanks to the staff for a great experience.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We came to Harrisburg for a family wedding. Hotel had a block of rooms reserved for the group. We decided to book a better room, and my husband called customer service and ended up reserving what he was told was a room with a "big tub" and that the room was "much nicer" than their regular rooms. When we got to the hotel, after dealing with their valet parking and almost getting hit in the entrance way, our room was not ready, even though it was check-in time. We had to be at the wedding rehearsal in an hour. We waited for the room, but the hotel didn't tell us the room was ready as they said they would, we had to go back up to the desk...was finally ready around 4:30. We ended up late to the rehearsal.

Our room, for being a "nicer" room was tiny! I'm not sure what we were paying extra for, and the staff apologized to us when we checked in, but we received no rate reduction. The bathroom was of decent size but had no "big tub", just an ordinary, paint chipped bathroom, nothing fancy at all. While we were there, their elevators broke twice, leaving one working elevator for the entire hotel. The pool area was gorgeous, but it was so hot we couldn't stay in more than a couple of minutes. When we were ready to check out, the elevator broke again, and the valet was getting antsy about our vehicle sitting out while we attempted to go upstairs with a luggage cart to get our stuff...about 20 minutes of waiting later, the WONDERFUL bellhop snuck us upstairs via the service elevator, where we endured dirty looks and comments from the staff. So happy to get our stuff and get the heck out of this place. I could go on...the room overlooked dumpsters...at least the AC was cold and the room was clean. The room was quiet too, which is definitely a plus. The neighborhood was iffy though there are some fun late-night spots nearby. Breakfast buffet was ok, but there was no toast. Weird. Hopefully my travels don't take me back to Harrisburg, but if they do, I won't be staying here again. Kind of a rip-off for the price, and the room that was not as advertised, not to mention the whole elevator situation and rude valet staff. I've stayed in other Crowne Plaza hotels and this one was a total disappointment.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathryn G

Thank you for your feedback and I am so sorry we did not reduce your rate! We have never had big tubs......not sure where they would fit, but needless to say, not correct information and I apologize for that. Please contact me directly - I want to offer you a credit on your account for this inconvenience - I can be reached at 717-920-1781. I am also sorry about the elevators, which have been fixed since May, as well as the indoor pool. Please contact me for compensation - I want to make it right. If Trip Advisor is able to assist in contacting this guest for us, we would be very grateful.

Stephanie Foose