All reviews restaurant row downtown hotel indoor pool toni capital conference
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Really split as there is both good and bad. I guess I am giving the overall rating of two as if we had our choice we wouldn't stay there again. The experience overall was bad enough we won't use Hotwire.com again. This was our first time with hotwire and we both said we would try it once and if we didn't like the experience we wouldn't use that site again. First of all we got the rooms at a decent price, but once we got there we got hit with the added $18 a day for parking. We got lost as it wasn't all that easy to get to the first time around as we don't have gps. Too the traffic can be trying in the morning and evening. Lastly we walked down 2nd street and didnt feel safe and the restaurant experiences were poor. Overall the rooms were nice and up to date with flat screen tvs, and the decor was modern. Still the beds were full at best not queens and the bathrooms were very small. I am 6'3" and 250 and it was tough using the facilities. So with all that said thats the reason for a rating of a 2! Staff were accomodating with the exception of the valet parking and 1 out of three wasn't pleasant the other two, an older gentleman and younger heavy set guy were very cordial and nice..

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed the Hotel staff! The Hotel, built in 1965 was done so with the intention of providing an intimate bathroom so that everyone would spend most of their time visiting the sites of Harrisburg & Hershey. :-) Seriously, you are correct they are intimate and as a woman, I wish otherwise, however, designers have done their best to work around the challenge with nicely appointed decor such as marble counters and a very large mirror. Crowne Plaza also boasts a Speakman showerhead for added showering enjoyment. I will speak with the parking company to determine who the one valet was that was not so cordial and take steps towards improvement. SSC Parking Company's valets strive to provide the best service possible as they know our guests expect the best from a Crowne Plaza Hotel. Again, thanks for visiting us - safe travels !

Stephanie Foose

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Nice hotel except for the restaurant. The restaurant lacks a good menu, it is very basic. Saying this the lunch I had was good, but soup and sandwiches simply don't go inline with Crowne Plaza. Great friendly staff all round!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thrilled you loved the hotel! I hope you had a great time in the Harrisburg/Hershey area visiting all of the sites and tastes! As for the taste in our restaurant....GREAT NEWS! Our new Chef has implemented a new menu that is rolling out during the week of August 6th. Items for breakfast include: Oatmeal with bruleed bananas & raisins, Lox & Bagel, Crab Cake Eggs Benedict. Lunch includes: Bourbon Glazed Atlantic Salmon Filet Sandwich, Crab Cake Sandwich with Black Sauce & Honey Mustard Drizzle, Salmon Salad with a Garlic Lemon Vinaigrette. And tempt your taste buds with these dinner entrees: Shrimp & Sea Scallop a la Lucalus, Sole Meunerie, Marinated Twin Chicken Breasts with Mango Salsa! Sorry you weren't able to enjoy this menu on the past visit - hopefully you will return to experience the new and improved version! Thank you again for the great feedback!

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Booked last minute for a two day stay and got a greatly reduced rate. First thing you get when you arrive is a $18/day fee for parking. Not knowing the area and it being 10:30pm, it seemed like the thin to do.
Staff is very good, friendly and attentive. Rooms need to be updated. Wall Paper peeling, dings, dents, bad plaster fixes. The Bathroom is very small.
Now here’s my thing….. When did this big “Green initiative” become a way for hotels to offer fewer services? No longer do they wash and changes sheets each day. I didn’t know Vacuuming was a perk. Clean glasses are no longer replaced for dirty ones.
Beds are now made and towels are replaced (if you leave them on the floor) and that is about all you get.
I requested our room to re-cleaned and they said “absolutely”. However it never was. I take that to mean that this services isn’t available.
I complained and they were apologetic and offered some additional perks which was as much as the front desk could do.
If I would have paid regular rates, I would have been greatly disappointed. I did however get what I paid for.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing. I feel terrible about the impression you received from our hotel in regards to the housekeeping service. You are correct, the Green Initiative does allow Hotels to not change sheets but every three days. However, if we said we would clean the room, the attendant should have changed every last sheet. For this I am truly sorry. Glasses are absolutely supposed to be replaced (unless someone leaves a glass with what appears to be water in it - sometimes guests put their contact lenses in glasses if they forgot their contact case - I have personally done that so we ask our attendants to leave any glasses that look to have water in them). A room is supposed to be completely refreshed including vacuuming, this is our standard. I will determine who on staff needs a "refresher" on "refreshing" a guestroom. Please know this will be addressed and handled swiftly. Happy that you enjoyed the staff and services..... If you have any further feedback for me, I can always be contacted at 717-920-1781.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Hotel is too old and small. Carpet is really dirty. Service is the worst one. Nothing is worth to stay.

1  Thank Y K

Thanks for the kind words about the Hotel and Max at the bar! He was thrilled to see his name on Trip Advisor! The staff appreciates your thoughtful comments! Safe Travels!

Stephanie Foose

Reviewed 13 July 2012

My $73 booking with one of the bidding sites landed us a great experience. I was expecting a poor view, lumpy bed and dirth room. It couldn't be further from expectations. Great, clean, well appointed room. The staff was friendly. Max at 2wentythre3 made sure our Teens were pleased with the meal. Thanks to the staff for a great experience.