All reviewsrestaurant rowdowntown hotelindoor pooltonicapitalconference
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My family and I stayed here on a 4 Day Tour when we first entered our room was very cold as the air conditioner was on full blast the room was clean and comfortable but the washroom was laid-out kind of strange, it had been updated, renovated and modernized but the toilet was very close to the washroom door and stuck out from the wall about 12 to 14 inches to accommodate the new washroom sink & counter top but it was well done and the washroom was also clean. The swimming pool here is fantastic we can all swim well, but be careful if you can’t swim or have small children as the pool is 3 feet deep in the shallow end and 9 feet deep in the deep end with a fairly rapid slope

Room Tip: Be careful if you can’t swim or have small children as the pool depth ranges from 3 feet in the shallow end to 9 feet deep in the deep end with a fairly rapid slope.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank GrantFamilyToronto
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The hotel Lobby is beautiful. The valet customer service staff needs much improvement. Even though you are mandated to pay $18.00 to park at the hotel we were made to drive around the block three times until the valet staff said we could pull up now. Then getting your car out for the night is more of a hassle. I just think this part needs improved with valet customer service education. We had an unruly guest or something hove us and all we heard for over an hur were thumps, bangs, it actually sounded like someone was trashing the room. I complained to staff and they said there's nothing they can do about it there's college kids staying here and they party. Well this was after 11:00 at night. Unacceptable answer. We did not get any rest. We requested a new coffee pot for our room because ours had not been cleaned from the previous guests. We had to call twice on this. It took over an hour to get and when it came up we were not given any coffee supplies. There were none left there next to the dirty coffee pot that was from the previous guests so we just gave up. When we requested toilet paper because there was only half a used roll from the previous guest we never received it, the excuse was they are really busy right now dueto a church group function, a soccer convention and a gay pride weekend. So I guess they forgot and we just used Kleenex to wipe when the toilet paper was gone. Our room overlooked the roof with a view of air conditioning units. Although this was the least of our worries. I noted all of these issues with the front desk and all I was told was the manager is not in but I shouldn't worry about these things too much. I couldn't believe the answer that the young lady at the front desk gave. I hope this hotel rectifies our problem, I am still waiting for a Manager, Stephanie, to get back to us. So far nothing. The rooms are small, but they work. You may want to think twice before booking this hotel.

Room Tip: Unless they improve their valet parking service with their staff, which you will have to pay $18.00 anyway no matter what, I would think about staying somewhere else. This hotel can be very noisy if you are trying to sleep. We stayed on the third floor. staff told us that a lot of college students stay here and party. The pictures are not true to this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda H
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

I just received your voicemail yesterday afternoon when I returned to my desk from a service culture training with our new Associates. I will be contacting you this afternoon before 6pm.
Thank you for your patience.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

My friends and I were in Harrisburg for a wedding and are very happy we stayed here. The staff was so friendly and helpful, from guiding us to different places to eat to arranging transportation to Hershey Park. One night we got caught in a rain storm on our way back to the hotel and as we walked in dripping wet a manager came over and asked what room we were in and brough warm towels up to our room! I travel a lot and have stayed in hotels all over the country, yes the bathroom is small but I'll take a clean room with a great staff over some of the experiences at other hotels any day. I highly recommend this hotel and they have free ice cream bars in the lobby!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christine0418
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thank you for putting a smile on our faces this morning! What a way to start the week! I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit - and even during a rainstorm you found a way to enjoy the pleasant moments in life! Again, it's nice to see people that truly enjoy their adventures no matter what comes their way! Thanks for brightening our week! Safe Travels to You !

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I have to admit, the reviews I read scared me and I almost booked elsewhere. Glad I didn't! Everyone -- valet parking, front desk, wait staff at 2wenty thre3, and the nice young man who knocked on my door to give me a complimentary bottle of water and some lovely chocolates (I'm a priority member) -- has been incredibly gracious. The room is spotless. The bedding is comfortable. It's a very nice hotel. So you need to pay to park? 1. You're in a city, and 2. Other places in town cost more. I found out that I can leave my car here until 5 PM even though check out is earlier, and walk to my nearby meeting-- saves me additional parking fees. Works for me all around!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Janine H
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words! Thank you for being a valued Priority Club Member! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and hope that you built lasting memories! I can tell you like to travel and truly make the most of the places you visit! Great way to live life and be happy!

Best wishes for successful and safe travels,

Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

Not that it's bad but come on! 2-1/2 stars at the most. Forced valet parking; room overlooking AC units & next to vending machines; nobody at restaurant. People were all real nice though. Good location.

• Stayed: July 2012
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback. During the summer months, most guests love to go down the street for lunch and dinner as Restaurant Row boasts a great selection of dining venues, after a busy breakfast, people jet out to see the sites in Harrisburg & Hershey and we usually don't see guests back until late evening. Lots to do! I would love to speak with you in detail about your experience. Please contact me at 717-920-1781.

Thanks and have a great day!