All reviews restaurant row downtown hotel indoor pool toni capital conference
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Jusf returned from a two night stay here, while attending a conference in Hershey. We received the Conference Rate of $99 a night and for that price it was worth it. I wouldn't stay for more than that though just because the rooms are older and small and the parking is valet only and $18 a day. The Hilton next door has a self-park option and the rooms are bigger and newer and, at regular rates, runs the same price. Also for a room this size and age, the Riverside Comfort Inn is free, self-park and much, much cheaper. That said the rooms were totally clean, the staff was excellent and friendly and the pool was awesome!

• Stayed: August 2012
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thanks for sharing your experience! Hope you enjoyed your conference! Glad you enjoyed the cleanliness of the Hotel and had fun in the pool! Our staff enjoyed hosting visitors to the conference in Hershey this past weekend.

Safe Travels Always!

Reviewed 4 August 2012

I was assured a handicapped accessible room three times before arriving and was told at check in that none were available. I checked in for four nights. 1st room I was put in had no shower handle and hair dryer blew a fuse each time it was turned on, also was inaccessible for mobility issues. 2nd room was dirty and inaccessible for mobility issues. I asked for clean sheets and was shoved a pair of flat and fitted sheets by housekeeping to change myself. The housekeeping manager apologized, but never passed the info along. I was charged 2x for the room, as I had paid for it by priceline, then re-charged on my card.Each day I asked for the room to be cleaned and vacuumed, sheets changed and aside from changing them myself, never had it done. I did receive three new towels, but the floor had old hair elastics and food on it from someone else. When I asked to speak to the general manager, I was given the front desk manager who gave me breakfast and dinner for my "trouble". I was looking for a handicapped accessible room, which was never provided even though I asked repeatedly. Horrible experience. Horrible room. Completely inaccessible to anyone with any type of mobility issue. I am very disappointed that after 4 days I still could not speak with the general manager.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
2  Thank julie40827

Thank you for sharing your experience, please contact me at 717-920-1781. I truly need to better understand the challenges. I am concerned about the booking through priceline and the need for an accessible room. My understanding with Priceline is that they confirm one single bed. I am not aware that they have the ability to confirm accessible rooms. In order to help future guests that are in need of accessible rooms, I would love to speak with you to learn whether you called priceline three times to get an accessible room, or our Hotel. When a guest books an accessible room through normal reservation channels (not priceline or hotwire) specifically, they get an accessible room...that is a standard and guarantee without question. Please contact me so we can both assist future guests with special needs to get exactly what they require to enjoy their hotel experience.
Thanks,

Reviewed 3 August 2012

My husband is a PRiority Club platinum-whatever that means member - he travels 3 weeks a month all year long- so needless to say, he looks for a loyalty club hotel that treats him right, and as his wife, I also hope he is being treated right. We recently traveled with him for the weekday trips he had and I was appalled at the service he received from this Harrisburg location. I was hoping to see how his travels are during his busy work week, with long drives in between cities. I was exhausted when we got to Harrisburg, but me husband assured me he had stayed here before and it was quite nice. We were "upgraded" upon arrival, so I was very impressed, until I saw the room. Paul, our bellhop, insisted on bringing our valet up, which at first I though unnecessary, but proved invaluable - upon opening our room it was very warm. He called maintence with 3 seconds and said someone would be up to take care of this. We tipped him and were very pleasantly surprised when 2 maintenance guys showed up within 5 minutes. Here's where things got weird.

The maintenance guys deemed WE must have turned the air down to low and we were putting it to the test so to speak. We explained thT we had only been in the room for 5 minutes - we all agreed to give it another hour or so, so we went out to dinner. Prioir to leaving for dinner, we checked in at the front desk with Andrew, who to his credit, seemed genuinely concerned, and asked US to give him a chance to rectify the situation. We thought, great.

One hour later, we returned from dinner approaching the 8:00pm hour with our child in tow. Andrew the front desk person asked he if he could escort my husband to the room, which he did. They arrived In the (upgraded suite room) with the room temperature now at a 76 stuffy degrees on a 93 degree day. Andrew admitted that this was unexcetable on anyone's standards and seemed to believe if he could just get upper managents approval, we might be able to find anything that would suffice. After an hour wait, Andrew was the bearer of bad news that they did not have any other rooms available. He graciously made reservations for us at the Hilton next door and they very generously put us on the Executive Level - good move on Hilton's part, this HOtel far surpasses Crown Plaza on every level.

After this experience, I will encourage my husband to stay at Hampton, Hilton Inns and show them brand loyalty - I want my husband to be taken care of on his many, many business trips awAy from home - I should also mention my husband was nursing a terrible head cold on this trip and I would hate to think he is treated this way whilst away from home.

1  Thank kewood99

Thanks for sharing your experience. As a Platinum Priority Club Member, your husband's travel and loyalty to the IHG brand are very much appreciated. I am so sorry that the air conditioning unit in your room was not working properly. Andrew had shared with me your experience on Monday morning, explaining how desperately he tried to get a second King Leisure Room for you as you are very Valuable Priority Club members. He was so upset when he discovered that because we were close to being sold out that all other upgrades were occupied. I know, after speaking with Andrew he wanted so much to please your family. Your kind husband was gracious when he understood the efforts Andrew made in trying to fix the AC issue. Although another upgrade was not available, I am glad Andrew assisted your family in being comfortable for the rest of the weekend next door. Glitches may occur from time to time, however, ensuring your happiness is what is important to us and what's important in life. And, please.. please take advantage of the free night at any IHG Hotel that Andrew provided on your husband's Priority Club Account. You deserve it! Glad you enjoyed Paul's hospitality. He is a great concierge!

Reviewed 1 August 2012

My family and I stayed here on a 4 Day Tour when we first entered our room was very cold as the air conditioner was on full blast the room was clean and comfortable but the washroom was laid-out kind of strange, it had been updated, renovated and modernized but the toilet was very close to the washroom door and stuck out from the wall about 12 to 14 inches to accommodate the new washroom sink & counter top but it was well done and the washroom was also clean. The swimming pool here is fantastic we can all swim well, but be careful if you can’t swim or have small children as the pool is 3 feet deep in the shallow end and 9 feet deep in the deep end with a fairly rapid slope

Room Tip: Be careful if you can’t swim or have small children as the pool depth ranges from 3 feet in the shallow end to 9 feet deep in the deep end with a fairly rapid slope.
5  Thank GrantFamilyToronto
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The hotel Lobby is beautiful. The valet customer service staff needs much improvement. Even though you are mandated to pay $18.00 to park at the hotel we were made to drive around the block three times until the valet staff said we could pull up now. Then getting your car out for the night is more of a hassle. I just think this part needs improved with valet customer service education. We had an unruly guest or something hove us and all we heard for over an hur were thumps, bangs, it actually sounded like someone was trashing the room. I complained to staff and they said there's nothing they can do about it there's college kids staying here and they party. Well this was after 11:00 at night. Unacceptable answer. We did not get any rest. We requested a new coffee pot for our room because ours had not been cleaned from the previous guests. We had to call twice on this. It took over an hour to get and when it came up we were not given any coffee supplies. There were none left there next to the dirty coffee pot that was from the previous guests so we just gave up. When we requested toilet paper because there was only half a used roll from the previous guest we never received it, the excuse was they are really busy right now dueto a church group function, a soccer convention and a gay pride weekend. So I guess they forgot and we just used Kleenex to wipe when the toilet paper was gone. Our room overlooked the roof with a view of air conditioning units. Although this was the least of our worries. I noted all of these issues with the front desk and all I was told was the manager is not in but I shouldn't worry about these things too much. I couldn't believe the answer that the young lady at the front desk gave. I hope this hotel rectifies our problem, I am still waiting for a Manager, Stephanie, to get back to us. So far nothing. The rooms are small, but they work. You may want to think twice before booking this hotel.

Room Tip: Unless they improve their valet parking service with their staff, which you will have to pay $18.00 anyway no matter what, I would think about staying somewhere else. This hotel can be very noisy if you are trying to sleep. We stayed on the third floor. staff told us that a lot of college students stay here and party. The pictures are not true to this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda H
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

I just received your voicemail yesterday afternoon when I returned to my desk from a service culture training with our new Associates. I will be contacting you this afternoon before 6pm.
Thank you for your patience.