All reviewsrestaurant rowdowntown hotelindoor pooltonicapitalconference
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

I see that 7 months ago, someone wrote a review about the elevator and air conditioning not working. I'm sorry to report that nothing seems to have changed. There are very long waits for the one elevator (over 10 floors), no heat in my room (never got it over 69 degrees), and Internet was down more often than it was up. Also, the hotel ran out of the room type that I had booked, which I've never had happen before. They do have a very nice buffet, but I don't know how expensive it is - I received a free coupon due to the problems. The staff all seem very polite, but unable to do anything. When elevator lines got extremely long, the manager even offered rides on the service elevator to those unwilling to take the stairs to their room. I suspect upper management have given up on this building. Luckily I only had to stay for one night.

• Stayed: September 2012
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Thank you for your review. I am sorry for the challenges you experienced. I want to assure you, as upper management and on behalf of the entire team that we have not "given up" on the building. This is our home - we are here more than anywhere else - and we the utmost care and concern for the building, guests and employees that we work with. I have been blessed to work with the most caring, dedicated, hard working employees over the past 11 years. And, as this building is nearing 50 years, we all continue to find new and innovative ways to care for it. The ownership recently replaced our 5200 sq. ft. ballroom roof. The building chiller is slated to be replaced mid November of this year. There is always a building project on our plate - and we embrace it with excitement knowing that we are always improving. That's the joy of being 50!

Safe Travels

Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

I spent 2 nights at The Crowne-Plaza recently, and was very pleased that I chose this hotel over the regional options. Every element of our stay - from the room to the location to the parting to the service - it was all top-notch for a price that didn't break the bank.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your review!

I am thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of your Crowne Plaza Harrisburg experience.

Safe & Happy Travels!

Reviewed 21 September 2012

We were disappointed and expected more after looking at the website. Our room was ok, but nothing special. The maid did not replace the soap and glasses. It could have been cleaner. The "new" fitness room was just ok. My family and I walked around early evening looking for a place to eat. We saw alot of homeless/seedy people sitting on benches and begging for money. Also, the bus depot is right by the hotel. Beware, not a good place for kids!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Moe D

Thank you for your review. We will work hard to improve the housekeeping areas you noted. I am sorry that you had a challenging impression of the City. In actuality kids love the area - especially when families walk to City Island - along the Walnut Street walking bridge. It's beautiful at night, full of lights, with views of the Susquehanna River below your feet as you cross to the island. It is a city, and like all cities, has its ups and downs, but the joy of seeing kids smiling and laughing when they come visit Harrisburg and walk along the beautiful riverfront is one opportunity not to miss.

Thanks again!!!
Safe Travels,

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We booked through Priceline and were very pleased with the room we got for the price we paid. The room was clean, nicely appointed, and comfortable. Staff were pleasant and helpful. We knew about the valet service, and while $18 may seem a lot, we were in NYC the weekend before and paid $35 for valet service so it seemed like a bargain. We did walk around after dark. There were homeless people sleeping across the street at the church, and I can only say, how sad for them. Here we were in luxury a few feet away, while they slept on sidewalks. We never felt unsafe. We went to a nearby restaurant for Indian food, and then found a great crepery, all within walking distance on a lovely summer night. If you are in the area, try Au Bon Lieu...yummy crepes!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Thanks for your fun response! It sounds like you really enjoyed yourself! I just ate at the Au Bon Lieu creperie yesterday (my third time this month!) You are right, they are Yummy! Glad you felt safe and comfortable and enjoyed our little city. Sounds like you find the quaint places in towns you visit and make the best of it! Again, many thanks for your nice thoughts!

Safe & Fun Travels!

Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for only one night, thank goodness!! I wouldn't have been able to deal with any more than that.

1. Location - be aware, the area is pretty run down. I would not have felt safe walking around after dark.

2. Room - decor is sandard and average at best. There is no in room safe which I didn't like and would not have been ok with if I was staying there more than one night. If u r staying here at least make sure to lock ur suitcase with your belongings. The bed was uncomfortable, my back still hurts! Let's not even talk about the view, yuck!

3. Bathroom - this is where it really goes downhill. The toilet is one of the smallest I have seen. Water pressure is the worst and there was.no hot water (mainly lukewarm). Water would stay on for a little bit then turn off. One of the worst showers I have taken.

4. Fitness center was a joke.

Overall, we would definitely NOT stay here again. We would definitely stay at the Hilton next time.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank amim27
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you for sharing your personal experience. I am so sorry that yours was not as expected. Please contact me so that I may personally apologize to you and discuss further the areas that need special attention.