“Decent stay. Good location.”

Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey
Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Fort Lee, NJ
“Decent stay. Good location.”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Rooms are plain but decent and clean. TV wasn't working that well but we didn't mind because it was a one night stay. Staff was friendly and attentive. Bed was comfy. Nice location for a trip to Harrisburg.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Hello Chermar72 !
Thanks for sharing! Glad you enjoyed being in the heart of the fun !
Have a great summer!

Stephanie Foose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This hotel was our choice after a long afternoon at Hershey Park. Not too far away, but in a not-so-nice part of town, on the edge of better parts, the hotel offered a welcoming and peaceful evening. Clean but cramped rooms, friendly staff, lovely lobby, expensive parking, inflexible parking staff but overall good experience. If you stay here, plan on driving for good food our ordering in pizza, as we ended up doing. The hotel is accommodating and working hard to earn its customers. This was much appreciated by our fatigued family.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hello Clementine F !
Thank you for the kudos and glad you we could comfort and relax you and your family after a long day at the park!

Milford, Delaware
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here a few months ago and had a terrible time with parking. The rude parking attendants have either been retrained or replaced. The hotel was extremely busy but the staff was "on the ball". One of the elevators broke which made it difficult at times. Someone at the restaurant told me there was no coffee for guests on the weekend??? But I managed to buy a cup after talking to the manager. The rooms are small but very well appointed. Cleaning staff was very attentive and accommodating. The toiletries are AMAZING! Wedding reception we attended at the hotel seemed to go smoothly. Very happy about this stay.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
We are so happy you had such a better experience! Thank you for coming back and rating us again! Glad you enjoyed the wedding and hope the bride & groom are enjoying their happy life!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I booked this hotel through a third party website and was hoping for an awesome stay...I got just that! I booked a suite and it was spacious and the king bed was comfy. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating and the hotel and suite was very clean. I gave it 4 out of 5 for a few reasons...when I checked, it was by the manager on duty. I can't remember if her name was Kristina or Kimberly but it was definitely something that started with a "K", I asked her how would the hold be on my card for incidentals? She said $50/night. To my surprise it was only $50 for the total stay. So with her being MOD, she should know her hotel policy. Then, the room had a nice wet bar and fridge, but no microwave. If you needed food heated, you have to carry it downstairs to their food store and heat it there. They are charging $18/night parking so you would think they could afford to put a microwave at least in every suite! My last gripe was when we went to the pool, there were no clean towels. just dirty ones laying everywhere. all over the lawn chairs and floor. There was hardly anywhere to sit because every chair had a used towel on it. However, there was only 3 people in the pool when we arrived so it wasn't like the pool was crowded. I finally went down to the front desk to ask for towels. Then housekeeping was sent to the pool and she couldn't believe all the towels lol. Overall, this was a great stay and a nice trip home!

Room Tip: If traveling on the weekend, parking is free on 2nd Street so you an avoid the $18/night fee!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Hi there! Thank you for the great tips! Glad you enjoyed your stay better than you expected! Have a great rest of your summer!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We booked our room through Hotwire and were pleased. It's a neat old hotel in Harrisburg. Our room was nice, up to date, and comfortable. They have an indoor pool that was very fun and clean. One downside is the valet parking is expensive, however weekend street parking is free. Just be careful because homeless people sleep on the streets late at night, and we made a wrong turn on our way out and saw a less pretty side of our capitol city. We stayed there because it is near Hershey Park, it was a pretty easy commute. We would stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello and thanks for sharing your experience. Glad you found free spaces around hotel, people seem to love those this summer! Hope to host your visit again in the future!

Us
Reviewed 1 July 2013

When I found out priceline put me in this hotel I knew from the location downtown that it was going to be one of those hotels that from where it's located...caters to the people who work for the Government.... I was right. Parking 18$ an expense that was not factored into my budget. I arrived. Valet/Parking guys are very nice. I enjoyed talking with them as they are down to earth. The woman who checked me in was nice but everyone else after that I found to have a strange funky attitude. I dislike the fact that this is one of those hotels where you are on "their " time and "their" schedule. 4PM check in and 11AM checkout . Loathe hotels like this. Other Crowne Plaza chains such as in Syracuse NY are on a standard 3-4 star level have check out at 12 pm. Well this place went out of there way to make my checkout as unpleasant as possible. it seems. While I was trying to get ready in the morning the staff in the hallways consisting of about 4 people were cursing loudly about how their bosses were making them run around like chickens with their heads cut off. There was no water to take a shower at all. It kept shutting right off. It was now past checkout time and I still hadnt showered. 11:20 a woman knocks on the door and in a contrived tone of voice says "GUEST sERVICES. CHECK OUT TIME WAS 11 AM SIR" I said, "there is no water pressure I have to shower and I'm a WOMAN" She said, "call down to the front desk SIR " I was wet and not calling down to the front desk.. I felt totally humilated and degraded being called by the wrong pronouns by "GUEST SERVICES" trying to kick me out only 20 Minutes after checkout time. Staff made my stay lousy in my opinion.. making this hotel somewhere I never want to stay at again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
I am so very sorry for what you experienced with the housekeeper. Please, I wish to speak with you so that I may correct this action right away! I can be reached at 717-920-1781. I also want to research your other issues with further detail. Thanks for sharing.

Sidney, Ohio
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We got a super price on this place thru priceline last minute deals. It was a great location - very close to a lot of bars/restaurants and very quick walk to City Island for the baseball game. Very friendly staff at check in. We didn't get a chance to use the pool or restaurant but everything looked clean and well kept.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jen50976
Thank you for the quick and happy review! I am glad you had a great time!