“Excellent”

Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The staff was amazing ... so courteous, professional, caring, and welcoming. They sent a signed card for our anniversary. They made our stay perfect and it was a wonderful anniversary. They were able to accommodate an early check in and a late check out. When there was a problem with the early check in, they quickly up graded us to a different room. They provided us with the little things that we had forgotten and never made us feel uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
asher s,
Happy Anniversary!! Glad we were able to help make your anniversary wonderful. Wishing you many, many more, and come visit us soon.
Safe Travels
Stephanie Foose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
York PA
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed here because they offered a travel agent discount and it was within walking distance to all the bars/lounges on 2nd St. in Harrisburg. Check in was easy. A nice lady that worked at the hotel chatted with me about my craft beer I had in hand. Room was clean, bathroom was clean as well. Did its purpose for my 3 friends and me. No complaints from me, will stay here again anytime!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
craleycommando,
Thank you for your great feedback. Glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Recently stayed on a Friday night during a trip to Hershey. I was hoping for an affordable option for a good nights sleep. Next time I would pay more to stay somewhere else.
Expensive parking. Lots of street noise. Loud in room AC unit woke me up at night - and I'm a heavy sleeper. Small bathroom with no exhaust fan. My in-room coffee maker only had one packet of decaf coffee.
Decent property and pool looks nice - but next time I will be sleeping somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
PDiddyBBQ from Philly!
I am sorry for the challenges you experienced. I would enjoy speaking with you to learn what room you were in so we can assist with repairs if you haven't already mentioned it to our staff before you departed. I can be reached at 717-920-1781. I look forward to assisting.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Just stayed there overnight with our 3 kids and booked adjoining rooms on the 3rd floor. Staff were great, but the condition of the rooms and hallways are terrible.
Hallway carpet filthy and there was a constant stale odour of urine in the air.
The only good thing about the rooms was that the washrooms were clean and the beds had fresh sheets.
I used up an entire can of room freshener to get the stink out of the rooms (again, like stale urine).
The room carpet felt sticky in both rooms and we kept our shoes on all the time.
The doors between the rooms were both broken and had to be forced open.
Fabric chair had stains and the vinyl chairs had tears and other damage.
The wifi wouldn't allow me to go on once one of the kids was on the internet.
All but one of the windows were screwed shut and the frames had not been cleaned in years. The one window that opened had no screen so we had to keep it closed.
Our views were of a roof littered with garbage.
The A/C sounded like a jet engine and you could see all the dust on the cieling that was coming from the vents that had not been cleaned in a long time.
I did not allow anyone to open thier suitcases as I did not know what was crawling around. I did not see anything, but I made everyone keep the lights on the entire stay.
The washroom cieling tiles were stained and you could see signs of mould/mildew that had been painted over. There was a vent in the wall that was closed so absolutely no air circulation in the room at all.
The washroom floor kept sweating and we had to lay towels on the floor to keep from slipping.

I almost walked out, but we were in the middle of a long drive and needed to have the family rest in a room. I couldn't sleep in the room at all and we got up at 6:00 am to get out of the room as quickly as possible.

I had to take a chance on the restaurant and was glad I did. Food was OK and the server was great. She did everything right and got a good tip for her efforts.

Don't understand how anyone could give this place a good review, unless the 3rd floor is not representative of the entire hotel, but my advice is to stay far away.
What a waste of $350.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JohnyK2013
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Hello JohnyK2013

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact me directly so I can help in any way, understand what room you were in and solve the challenges. I can be reached at 717-920-1781.

Thanks and looking forward to speaking with you,
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This is a wonderful hotel near the capital building in Harrisburg,
Pa. I can't say enough good things about the staff. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms was beautiful and very clean. THe beth was small but did not bother us considering all the other amenities. Upon arrival we were offered a free Hershey's ice cream. We were offered turn down service that evening, which included free water or soda and a choice of snacks. We ate dinner in the bar area and it was delicious . I had the Pasta Mamma Rosa which was very very good. The waiter and bartender (Max) was both entertaining and efficient. It was a joy to watch him work.
All in all our experience at this hotel was a great one.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Happy Traveler !!!
Thank you for the fun feedback about your visit! Max is a joy at the bar ! Glad you had a good time and we hope we can host your visit again in the future!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This was our first trip to Harrisburg. We were there for a conference. This hotel is situated on a main street and close to the major highways. We found it very easy to get around.

We didn't have a bad experience at the Crown Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey. It was just okay. I think we'd have had a comparable one at a less expensive hotel - only with free parking.

Parking at this hotel is valet only and costs $18 per day. We opted to park on the street. I was a little miffed when the next day we overheard a valet tell another guest that the hotel has FREE parking available two blocks over. It would have been nice if we were given the same information. Fortunately, we were there on a weekend so street/meter parking was free.

As far as the room is concerned, it was modern, clean and well kept. The bathroom was also clean, albeit tiny. As some reviewers have mentioned, the walls are super thin. We were awakened at 6:30am by our neighbors' excited conversation and their squealing kids.

If you like a mini fridge in your room, a per/day rental fee is involved. I'd rather have a complimentary mini fridge than the ice cream novelty upon arrival.

I guess the big question is, if I were to return to Harrisburg, would I stay at the Crowne Plaza again? Probably not. I'd hunt for either a better value or greater luxury.

Room Tip: The walls are very thin. Ask for a room at the back of the hotel and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hello Chula_Mia !

Thanks for your feedback! Appreciate the thoughts about your personal experience. We will look into your suggestions right away!

Mammoth, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This hotel had a good location in downtown Harrisburg. We stayed here for a concert and was happy that the concierge was so helpful in finding us a good place to eat on a Sunday when many things are closed. City park and the capitol building are walk-able. I didn't like how they only offered valet parking for almost $20, but was happy to find street parking out front. Even though we had to get up early to plug the meter, it was worth saving the money! The room was clean and nice. The one complaint I have is that the walls are thin. You could hear our next door neighbor talking. But probably more importantly for me, the windows/walls towards the road were also thin and I was woke up by traffic in the AM. It was pretty loud! Perhaps they could get noise canceling curtains or reinforce the windows or something. Overall it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alicia U
CPHBGMGR, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Glad you enjoyed location, despite the traffic. Have a great rest of your summer!