“Wonderful staff”

Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff of the Crowne Plaza in Harrisburg went out of their way to ensure our stay was pleasant. The hotel is clean and the location is perfect. The only negative thing I have to say is there is no parking. There is a Valet but on the Saturday night we stayed the valet lot was full and I needed to find on-street parking, Made use of the pool (which was a hit with the kids). Ate at the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning and all were more then satisfied with the wide variety of breakfast items. Would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the hotel (preferably on a higher floor) don't have the street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Toni R, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Traveler,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and for choosing our hotel for your accomodations while in town. We appreciate your business and your feedback. I love to share our guests feedback with our staff. It enables us to continue to provide the excellent level of service our guests deserve.
We look forward to seeing you should your travels bring you to our area in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

As a traveller, I wasn't the least bit impressed with this hotel, nor were my friends. I had a certain expectation of Crowne hotels and was horrified at how dirty this room was. We had to ask for new sheets for both beds as one had a stain on it, the other someone else's hair. The bathroom, curtains, phone and carpet looked looked just as bad. The staff were quick to bring us new sheets but didn't bother to put them on for us or ask any questions, leading me to believe this was quite normal for them. Location was great, room was spacious but wifi wasn't working, and if it's not clean it certainly isn't worth it to me. They say they give 10/10 service but don't know what that means. Never again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We take all feedback very seriously and use it to help train out staff to insure that our guests have an excellent stay. OUr EX Housekeeper had addressed all issues of room cleanliness with her staff and will insure that all rooms are clean and up to standard at all times.
Should you come to the area in the future, please give me a call so that I am able to insure all aspects of your visit are up to the standards that we take pride in.
Regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Had a chance to stay only for one night as part of Conducted Tour. Really convinient location, close to City Centre, Comfortable rooms & all amenities provided for someone who needs to spend one or two nights. Nothing to complain about.

- Sadanand Kale

Room Tip: Almost all rooms are equally good. No need to select any particular room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Toni R, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Traveler,
Thank you so much for your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza. Even better that you enjoyed your stay and took time to post your comments. Our goal is to provide all of our guests with an excellent stay and to show our appreciation for your business.
I hope to see you in the future should your travels bring you to our area.
Wishing you a safe and happy summer!
Toni Reiber

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This Hotel is in the heart of Harrisburg - Downtown- My husband and I paid 170.00 a night and the queen room was as big as my bathroom at home (small). They had no king rooms left. the bathroom was not very clean, the walls were cracked by our window in our room. they do not have a complementary breakfast on the weekends and you have to pay $18.00 dollars a day on top of your room amount to park your car there!!!!!! Never again will I stay here!!!!!
Also, the wifi was super slow!!!!!!!

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I apologize for your disappointment in our hotel. All guest feedback I valuable in helping us to provide better customer service to our guests. We learn and grow from all comments. I will take your comments to the departments that are involved and they in turn take them to their staff and we improve all areas to reflect the high level of service we strive to provide for all of our guests.
This is a property located in the city and parking is at a minimum necessitating a charge for parking in our secured parking facility.
Should your travels bring you to the Harrisburg area, in the future, please contact me personally and I will assure that your visit is one of perfection.
Regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I can't say enough about the staff of the crowne plaza, especially Tony B. She made our stay so enjoyable. Whatever I needed they were right on it! Being right in the center of a really cool city was nice. Only 15 minutes away was the awesome city of hershey. Sooo cute! I will be back for another stay at the Crowne. The only thing they didn't have was a refrigerator in the room, but there was a nice restaurant, and the pool was nice too. The TV in the room had a lot of good channels. Sometimes you don't get a lot of choices, but you did there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Toni R, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Stephanie O,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodations while in the Harrisburg area. We value your business and more importantly, your feedback about your stay. Our team takes pride in providing the highest level of guest service and take enormous pride when our guests share amazing comments like yours. Feedback is our most valuable tool in helping to maintain that level of service. We also use reviews to help train our staff in areas that we may have fallen short on our goal. Thank you for taking time to post your great comments. I can't wait to share them with the team!
I enjoyed your family and it was a pleasure meeting all of you and being able to be a part of your vacation. I look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to Harrisburg.
Enjoy your summer,
Toni R

Reviewed 29 July 2014

First time staying here and I have been really impressed with the attention and helpfulness of the staff; they really go out of their way to make you feel welcome and assist you whenever they can. Today while I was getting change at the front desk, I asked if they sold the aromatherapeutic spa items they have available in the rooms (two types of lotion and a spray-- very "Aveda-esque"). They didn't but the attendant said she'd make a call to make sure I got more. There were three sample packs when I got back today and the room smelled so good!

Their breakfast buffet is outstanding: really fresh berries and fruit, omelet station, make your own waffle, all sorts of toppings for yogurt and oatmeal, delicious pastries- the works! (OMG I just realized I forgot to tip this morning!!!!! Ugh).

I'm not sure what elevator one of the other reviewers used (as far as I can tell there's only the set of two in the lobby and the staff only elevator) but these seem quite new: nice decor, super fast, nothing smelly! And the AC in my room works great-- I don't care what decade it appears to be from! I'm very sensitive to smells and don't detect any mustiness or smoky smells (and trust me... if anyone was smoking a cigarette anywhere in the building, I'd be able to tell!)

I'm so enamored with their spa products, courteous-plus staff, and breakfast that I'm giving an excellent rating in spite of the sluggish internet (feel like I'm back on dial-up at times!) and the ginormous mirror (like 4'x6') curiously placed at the end of the bed. No desire to watch myself sleep, thank you very much. One of my colleagues was scared when she woke up and immediately saw her reflection- thought someone had come into her room. One last caveat-- the pool is really nice looking but the room is so hot I'm afraid to go swimming because I feel it'd actually be "un-refreshing!"

However... the pluses definitely outweigh the quirks- would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for you raving review on your stay with us. We value your business and your feedback. We take all feeback very seriously and value all comments and use them to help our staff provide the excellent level of service all of our guests deserve. I am anxious to share your review with them. Reviews such as yours, keeps them energized and more determined to get it right every time!!
I hope to see you again should your travels bring you to our area in the future.
Enjoy your summer,
Toni R

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have been traveling to the crowne plaza hotel in downtown Harrisburg for years now. Many of the staff have come and gone and although I have always had good service and enjoyed my stay, the staff went out of their way for my last trip. Toni in particular. I had forgotten my cell phone charger which could have been a disaster. However, not only did she look within the hotel but she asked employees if they had a charger I could use and continued looking until she eventually found one for me. She sent someone up for the phone and in an hour, it was charged and I just went downstairs to pick it up on my way to dinner. it was really service. As the former bartender, I had always enjoyed and appreciated the service Toni provided however now that she works at the front, she is even better. I will continue to stay at the crowne plaza downtown Harrisburg because everyone is so helpful, happy and its a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Toni R, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Catherine T,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on our Crowne Plaza staff. We value your loyalty to our hotel and love your feedback. You are an awesome guest and make our job easy! I am excited to share your comments with our staff. They work hard to provide an excellent level of guest service and love to hear when they have succeeded.
Thank you for the appreciation and we look forward to your next visit to Harrisburg.
Have an amazing summer!