“Great stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area)

Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area)
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Bel Air, United States
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

The staff were attentive and polite, and the check in and out procedures were easy. The breakfast was more than I expected. It included hot items (eggs and waffles) in addition to the usual muffins and cereal. The rooms were very clean and bedding was fresh for each stay (laundered duvet and sheets), which was nice. Our room was near the elevator but was still quiet from the traffic to the elevator and the outside and couldn't hear other visitors or families in nearby rooms. Overall, a great stay!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I would recommend this hotel to Hershey Park visitors. Excellent service at a price far less than hotels in the Hershey Park area. Only 10 minutes or so away from the park. Also close to other shopping and right off the freeway. An excellent hotel in all respects as Hampton Inns always are.

Portage,IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stopped there on way back home from NYC. Met all my needs...very clean room....safe area...free breakfast, and very friendly staff. Room felt new, comfortable clean bed, plus frig, microwave. Bathroom shower worked great. As I said, met all my needs!

I thought $130 a night was a bit pricey for a Hampton Inn, but I didn't know that the Hershey area was such a destination for families, and the price was on the low end for the area.

My final words on this hotel...I would stay again...enought said!

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Danville, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stayed there one night while on business waiting to catch a plane. It is close enough to the airport...about 15 minutes away. Upon arrival the front desk staff was not overly friendly...not rude but I've had better service. I had to ask where the elevator was where the amenities are, what time breakfast was etc.. Usually at a hotel the staff explains things to you so you know. I got to my room and found an unusual room more rustic looking than normal. It was small but quaint. They had no king rooms available so I settled for a double. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable enough. My main issue was in the morning. I like to open the curtains to allow in natural light while having the sheers closed for privacy. This room only had roman blinds that allowed for an all or nothing setting. If you pulled them all the way up you were open to the street to see right in. The lighting in the room was dim and without the use of natural light it was kind of drab.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
elmwood park, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Great place to stay, extremely clean, very friendly, and very affordable. We used the pool which was very clean. Best of all the sheets , pillowcases, and comforters smelled so good the kids were amazed. We were visiting Hershey park and chocolate world for a couple of days. The price difference was fantastic.

Coudersport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were pleased the moment we walked through the doors. Greeted with friendly smiles at the front desk. Nice decor the lighting was dimmed and created a relaxing atmosphere. We stayed on the top floor adjacent from the elevator and was surprised with the cleanliness and modern country decor of our King Study. The room smelled clean and the bathroom was spacious. We napped right away and the beds were soft comfortable and definately clean. Very fresh clean smell and soft towels. I know I am excited about this because we have stayed at several hotel chains both cheaper and more expensive and never have been this happy with the overall comfort and cleanliness of a room. The shower was adjustable and I actually took a bubble bath. We heard a little traffic coming from the elevator and children giggling in the hallway which was not an issue and if I must say anything negative that would be it but they were probably excited with their stay too! I did not have the opportunity to use the pool and after our late night in we missed the breakfast but im sure it was good! Ive read that Hampton Inn has a 100% satisfaction or you dont pay and i hope that this truly is unniversal many hotel chains are not the same quality. I will look for the Hamton Inn wherever we stay!

• Stayed August 2013
North east, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I'm a tough customer when it comes to hotels. We had three children with us, and it's important to me that the hotel does what it can to make the stay worry free for us. I was pleasantly surprised, as this was our first trip to the area. It was clean, staff was polite and helpful, and breakfast was a little crowded, but very good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family