“Needs work”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
“Needs work”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on business. The room smelled, the TV didn't work, and stains on the curtains, I am a Marriott Gold Member and I am supposed to be upgraded. Not the case. The breakfast was okay. This hotel needs some major work. I would stay at the Hampton Inn down the street! It's mic nicer!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Corinne F, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. The Fairfield Inn has started renovations and the issues you had mentioned are being addressed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I checked into a room on the first floor. It had an awful musty smell. I went back to the desk and asked the front desk clerk if I could have another room. He gave me another room on the first floor, same area, and which also had a musty/mildew odor. It was late so I didn't feel like changing rooms again. Did this property have a major flood or two? I can't imagine what mold and mildew is growing in and around the walls. I will not return here, as there are 2 other brand new fairfields in the area that do not have this problem.

Room Tip: I suggest they gut the rooms to remove the mold and mildew that is obviously growing. There is no ot...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We checked in near midnight and were pleased that the keys were already waiting for us. But when we got to the room, the keys did not work. After going back to the front desk for new keys and returning to the room, it took more than 20 swipes before either of the 2 keys worked. And so it went the next day as well. There is no wi-fi, only a cat 5 cable on the desk. As for the room, there was visible mildew on the bathroom wall under the vent and spots on the ceiling by the shower. The beds are advertised as queen but are really full size. Buffet breakfast is included with waffles, sausage, eggs, breads, etc.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Cherelle C, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for providing feedback for our hotel. We apologize for any issues you may have had with your stay. We do offer free WiFi throughout the property in addition to the Ethernet connection at your guest room desk. As far as bed size, we have always advertised rooms with two double beds or king size beds - not queens. We have recently completed renovations and have addressed any issues within our hotel.
Towaco, NJ
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel has a very nice atmosphere. There are plenty of good restuarants and stores that are closeby. The pool was warm and large enough. The internet worked fast. Breakfast was very good as they had hot eggs, sausages, muffins, cereal, waffles and etc... The beds are comfortable and room was very nice. It's also very quiet and peaceful at night. This hotel is also 15 minutes away from Hershey Park. The hotel price is very fair compared to the other hotels that are closer to Hershey Park. For the price and value of this property, this is one the best value hotel in the area for Hershey Park visitors. My family and friends had a great vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 29 August 2013

On a business trip, arrived at hotel at 11:00 pm. My corporate travel agent booked this hotel last minute as I had missed a flight out of Harrisburg and was looking for a nearby hotel with my corparate discount the room charge was $135 without taxes. Arrived at my room and the keys did not work. The clerk told me I was not inserting the key card correctly. I informed him I travel 45 weeks a year across the nation and do know how to insert a hotel key card. He reluctantly reswiped and the key card worked. As I walked in I noticed a strange smell, but due to the late hour thought I would turn up the air and ignore it. As I went to change the air I noticed large gobs of smeared gum on curtains, gouged walls, overall dirty appearance. I washed my face in the bathroom and the towel smelled like vomit. I instantly dropped the towel when to grab a plastic drinking cup and the plastic was slimy and dripping. I looked up at the bathroom ceiling noticed the mold sprouting above me and that was it. I politely called the front desk and asked if there were any other rooms available, he said yes and hung up. I went downstairs informed him I was checking out and recieved my $0 invoice. He did not ask why I stayed 1/2 hour and as he was the desk clerk, I did not want to give him a hard time. Whoever owns this hotel, may not be in business long.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Please know that guest satisfaction is our number one goal, and apologize if we have not met that. We have recently completed our renovation and addressed any guest room issues/concerns.
Kensington, CT
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The first thing we noticed was the musty odor when we arrived. We were in a hurry and dropped our luggage a left. When we arrived back, it was after midnight and not in the mood to complain. After a mediocre breakfast, we left for the day agian. Arriving back around 8, the smell was accompanied by heavy air. We kept the bathroom fan running to try to help the situation. When we got into bed, the linens also smelled musty. I did say something at checkout and they gave me a small credit to my bill. Being a Marriott, I expected much more from the hotel. I would avoid this hotel the next time I return to this area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tpamp
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This Place Needs a Update The Bathroom had Blonde Hair in it I have Black Hair Room is was old and had a Mildew Smell to it ! I have stayed in so many Marriot Hotels and I would say that this was the worse I arrived at 1 am - and The Front Entrance was locked and there was no one at the Front Desk for a Good 10 Minutes

Room Tip: I would actually like a Refund !
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple