“Fantastic Experience”

Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Farmingdale, New Jersey
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed for only one night but it was really wonderful. Very quiet, easy to get to from the PA Turnpike, incredibly friendly staff, and a very comfortable/clean room. Would absolutely stay there again the next time we are in the area!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Anthony D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Freehold, NJ
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I booked the Fairfield Inn on Marriott's web site and was very pleased with the quality of the property. We only stayed one night while visiting family in the area so we didn't get to take advantage of all the available amenities. However, our room was clean and bright. The room was a good size with a king bed and plenty of space. The bathroom was also good sized and everything was clean and in good working order.
This hotel also represented a good value as it is not far from the Hershey attractions and is priced much less than other area hotels. It is a good value for families as breakfast is included. We were there in mid-November and the indoor pool was closed for renovation, but I believe work will be completed soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SandMike
Corinne F, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for your comment. We are currently undergoing renovations and will be completed soon. We are looking forward to converting to Fairfield Inn & Suites with a fresh new look in the lobby, breakfast area and guests rooms.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I got in late and left early. I cant really do this one much justice other than say, it served its purpose.

The staff was friendly upon arrival and got me on the first floor as requested. The room was a room. Not cramped, not overly big. Again, it served its purpose. The internet worked fine and the CATV had more than enough channels. The Heater worked and was quiet....it snow fluuried, I needed heat.

the breakfast was hot and good........like I said, I cant say i disliked the place, it served its purpose and there really wasnt enough time to like/dislike it. I came, I went

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Maryland, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I travel a lot, both business and personal, and have built a tolerance for small nuances and inconveniences with hotels. And I've never written a bad comment or review for one.

However, my stay at the Fairfield Inn in Harrisburg, PA will ruin that track record and earn the title of "Worst Marriott Experience. Ever."

Between the musky, mildew smell; the water damage that appears to be causing mold and the wall paper to bubble and peel; the dead bug in the light fixture and the dead cricket in the bathroom; the very damaged and scared furniture; the way the blackout curtains extend three feet from the wall when the AC or heat is on because they're too long (and thus defeating the purpose of blackout curtains, not to mention privacy since I was on the ground floor); and the overall dated look and feel of the accommodations --- the hotel feels like it has fallen to the level of, if not lower than, that of a motel. Also, the staff was friendly, but seemingly disinterested; especially was the case as I was checking out.

While I still largely remain an advocate consumer for the Marriott brand, sadly, I will not be staying at this particular hotel again on my next business trip to Harrisburg. I also can't recommend this hotel to my coworkers, friends, or family, and would advise to look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Keith Y
Corinne F, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. The Fairfield Inn has started renovations and the issues you had mentioned are being addressed.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We wanted to drop into Costco, and this hotel was quite close to it. The staff were also kind enough to recommend a good brewpub nearby where we had a great dinner.

The breakfast was the usual hot buffet, but the coffee was too weak for us (Starbucks is in the mall nearby).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on business. The room smelled, the TV didn't work, and stains on the curtains, I am a Marriott Gold Member and I am supposed to be upgraded. Not the case. The breakfast was okay. This hotel needs some major work. I would stay at the Hampton Inn down the street! It's mic nicer!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Corinne F, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I checked into a room on the first floor. It had an awful musty smell. I went back to the desk and asked the front desk clerk if I could have another room. He gave me another room on the first floor, same area, and which also had a musty/mildew odor. It was late so I didn't feel like changing rooms again. Did this property have a major flood or two? I can't imagine what mold and mildew is growing in and around the walls. I will not return here, as there are 2 other brand new fairfields in the area that do not have this problem.

Room Tip: I suggest they gut the rooms to remove the mold and mildew that is obviously growing. There is no ot...