Best Western Plus Harrisburg East Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
South Bend
“Okay, but”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Staff was helpful, property seemed in good order, but there were several stains on my room's carpeting...Obvious stains. Pillows were really lumpy, but bed was comfortable. I wish they'd just make sure half the pillows on the bed are Down/Feather.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

WINGATE5480, General Manager at Best Western Plus Harrisburg East Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your review
I appreciate the time you took to bring the matter to our attention. I assure you the matter will be looked into. We are in the process of renovating our property to improve guest stay.

Once again thank you for choosing the Wingate by Wyndham as your hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Endicott, New York
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We booked the Wingate by Wyndham for our October "Hershey Park in the Dark" trip. A lot of the other hotels in the area were either already booked up for our date, or they were in the $150.00 price range. We just wanted a clean hotel that was close to the park for our one night stay.

We got to the hotel around 11:00 a.m. to see if we could pre-register so when we returned from the park that night we would be all set. The woman at the front desk was very helpful. She got us all checked in and even gave us our keys early.

The hotel was not as close to Hershey Park as their website would have you believe. However, it only took us about 20 minutes so this was really not a big issue.

The hotel itself looks pretty nice from the outside, but there is a "daily/weekly" motel right next door called the "Congress Inn" that was very nasty. There were a lot of unsavory people loitering outside and the smell of cat urine was drifting from across the parking lot. The lobby of the Wingate was your standard hotel lobby. Pretty clean and average with the exception of the very stained carpets. We peeked into the "gym" and "hot tub" area. The gym looked ok but the hot tub appeared dirty and unkempt. I would not have used it ever if I had brought a swim suit.

Our room was a nice size with two beds, a desk and a nice sitting area. It had a fridge and a nice bathroom. Everything appeared pretty clean. I thought the beds themselves were very hard and uncomfortable but my husband and son (and parents in a connecting room) all loved the beds so that could just be me. The hallway carpets and the carpets in the rooms looked like the carpets in the lobby. Very nasty stains. The free WIFI was nice.

The biggest problem we had were ANTS! We ordered a pizza the night of our stay and the next morning the inside of the pizza box was INFESTED with ants. When I mentioned this at the front desk the next morning they did not act shocked by this. I have a feeling this is an ongoing problem.

The free breakfast in the lobby was nice. Waffles, eggs, suasage and a few other breakfast staples. More then you usually get for a free breakfast from most hotels. My son loved making his own waffles.

Overall, this hotel was a good value for the low price we paid on Hotels.com. I would have rated it higher if it were not for the ants and the nasty stained carpets.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracy A
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your review

Once again thank you for choosing the Wingate by Wyndham as your hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey
Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Candlewood Suites Harrisburg
Candlewood Suites Harrisburg
#19 of 50 in Harrisburg

Been to Best Western Plus Harrisburg East Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!