“Worst Inn I have ever stayed at.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #46 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Florence, South Carolina
“Worst Inn I have ever stayed at.”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This Inn caters to prostitutes & pimps. It is filthy. Like rust on the shower?, this is the place. Like a toilet with pee on it?, come here. Like dirty carpets, come on down. The management would not refund our stay even after listening to how awful this place is. They feel it is clean and just fine.
Save your money and go to the Inn just next door. Much much better.
All in all, stay away from this filth hole and prostitute motel. !!!! You are warned.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
elysaght, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Guest,
We are extremely sorry that you think our hotel "caters to pimps and prostitutes". We absolutely do not. In fact we work closely with the Swatara Police Department in regards to this issue. Should you be seeking those services at our place of business there is a very good chance you will get arrested.
The Rodeway Inn is a cheap, economic choice for low budgeted travelers. The Rodeway Inn is always one of the cheapest hotels available in the Harrisburg Area. We attempt to do our absolute best in managing and maintaining our establishment.
We are very sorry that you encountered the issues that you have. The owners are absolutely willing to give you a refund. Should you like a refund, please send an email to gm.pa628@choicehotels.com.
Erin Lysaght CHA Public Relations Manager on behalf of Mr. Hemant Patel Owner and Operator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We will never book this hotel again. We changed rooms three times and never did get a room where everything worked. The first room was dirty with mysterious wet spots on the bed. The second room had stained sheets and the TV didn't work. Room #3 seemed fine until the toilet stopped working. The toilet was fixed by the hotel manager, but one bed had an indentation in the mattress that made it impossible to sleep on. The coffee maker didn't work, but at this point, we were tired of switching rooms and just wanted our stay to be over. We travel to Harrisburg once a year and will go out of our way to not book a room at this hotel next year. If you have no other options, stay here. If you can book another hotel, do that.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Check in was pleasant; However if you want a clean, place to stay please avoid. Beds were fine though. I could not quite make out which musty smell hit me first once the door was opened. Shower did not drain properly but I was entertained by the wrinkling of the bottom of the tub as it filled up to my ankles. So where did that long hair come from in the towels? Hmmm those tiles were dirty and needed replacing years ago. I guess the owner is limiting upkeep overhead in this one.

Room Tip: Hampton Inn may be better.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
elysaght, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your candid view and recent stay at the Rodeway Inn. On behalf of the owners and manager of the hotel, they apologize for the condition in which you found your room. The Rodeway Inn attempts to pride itself in being the cheapest and the cleanest of the cheapest hotels in Harrisburg. I did again delete the photography that somehow keeps being uploaded to the tripadvisor website. Hopefully very soon we will have accurate pictures of the property. Thank you for your feedback and we hope that you choose us if you are in need of a very economical pet friendly hotel choice.
California
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Stayed here for one night after leaving Gettysburg, PA. Price was $59. Room was clean, fresh linens, hot shower and working TV. They also offered coffee and donuts in the morning for free in the office. If you need a place to catch some sleep that won't break your budget, this is it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tourist383
elysaght, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 12 January 2013
Thank you very much for stay with us at the Rodeway Inn! I am glad you found it comfortable and cheap! Stop by anytime!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My nephew and I booked a room online for the Roadway Inn. I read mixed reviews but gave the hotel the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes reviews can be unfairly harsh and I have been pretty lucky in terms of weeding out the good from the bad. We pulled in at around 10:00 PM and felt little hesitant as we pulled in to the driveway but looks can be deceiving. We checked in and the gentleman behind the desk was very pleasant and friendly. It was all downhill from there. As we opened the door we noticed a foul odor. It was a non-smoking room but it smelled very badly. As I walked through the room I glanced around to be sure that there wasn't a corpse rotting in a corner somewhere. The room was dated; the colors screamed 1970's and the room was dimly lit. Perhaps that was for the best as it made it more difficult to see the dirty mirror and the imperfections around the room. The bathroom was more than dated; it was covered by yellow tile that looked very much like my grandmother's house did in the 1970's. Some tiles were cracked and there were spots patched with concrete where a towel rack once was attached.

The bathtub was filthy; I ran a wash cloth along the bottom and it came out black. We also
found a hair that was around 12 or 13 inches long; since my nephew and I have hair that is perhaps a fraction of an inch, I know that it didn't come from us. There was a gap between the bathtub and the sink cabinet that was filled with hair, dust, and dirt. It's possible that the chunk that was missing from the wood cabinet was buried down there as well. The key feature of the bathroom was the rocking toilet. I figured that this must serve as a rocking chair/toilet combination; two fixtures in one.

I spoke with a lady in our neighboring room on the way out; she told me stories of her room that were hauntingly similar to ours. The people here are quite nice and the beds are comfortable; just don't expect anything more than a comfortable bed to sleep on and keep your expectations low... very low. I'm not all that picky but when it comes to Harrisburg, I'd say no to the Roadway Inn the next time around.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank RPCyclone
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My friends and I stayed here one night after spending the day in Hershey Park. The only thing that it is good for is that place to stay. My room had an old car freshener hanging on the light to mask a funky smell. The bathtub had hair in it. Luckily, no bed bugs. The picture that is shown up above is not what it looks like at all. That hotel is the Sleep Inn, which is right next door. We were so excited thinking we were going to be staying in that, instead we got a cheap motel. The price we booked the room for, was not what was on the bill. We had to argue into getting the price back to what was on the paper. I guess what can you expect for a cheap nights stay? You get what you pay for, although I don't think that it was even worth the nightly price to tell you the truth. The continental breakfast had stale food. The card entry didn't even work well. I had to go back to the office to get another key since I couldn't even get back into my own room! Not a good place to stay. There is no swimming pool.....

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I was driving back from Philadelphia on business, when I got tired. All I really needed was a bed, and didn't feel like paying a lot of money. So, Rodeway Inn did the job. The room was clean, but felt old. The faucet in the bathroom didn't directly aim into the drain. But I didn't have to pay much to get well-rested for the trip back to Pittsburgh.

Room Tip: This is one of those hotels where you don't have a hallway. Your room faces the outside. So if s...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
elysaght, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for pulling into our parking lot to get a decent room at a cheap rate. We do hope that we saved you some money so that you may use it for much more important things! Please don't hesitate to drop in at anytime!
Yours in hospitality,