“Heaven on earth!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
“Heaven on earth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I know, I know, I have said it before "Thee best cheesesteaks" There a many places in Central Pennsylvania to get a good cheesesteak, but if you want the best you need to go to Mama's to get the most excellent cheesesteak, hands down.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Roger033

Bengaluru, India
“Delicious pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

After watching the Holiday parade, we noticed Mama's Pizza on our way back and were intrigued by the name and the nondescript pizza place.

Inside, the décor was from the 80s or earlier, but warm and comfortable. It looked like the food was the most important thing here, a nice notion for famished stomachs.

A pizza made from scratch – we were shown all the vegetables that went on the veggie pizza that we were ordering. For our children's benefit the chef tossed the pizza dough in the air and demonstrated the whole process of his preparation. While we waited, we chatted about the types of pizzas and pans in which they dished out.

We learnt that taking out the veggie pizza from the oven at the right time is the key to enjoying the flavors of the vegetables. This was accomplished well and we polished off the pizza in a record time with nothing left, even the crust. Absolutely delicious pizza in a plain looking place!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank nyusual
“Fast and friendly and delicious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

After driving around Harrisburg looking for somewhere that were both open and something everyone could agree on, we came to a Mama's pizza. Initially I was apprehensive because the place is in need of repairs. However, my doubts were cleared almost immediately. First with costumer service- it was fast and friendly. Jr and Jared had such a rapport with their regular customers, and they in turn contributed to a wonderful atmosphere. I already knew I loved the place, and that was before I even took a bite. The food was delicious. The pizza had a perfect crust. The salad was wonderful with fresh ingredients (and I appreciated the offer of oregano on top). My sister's chicken Philly (that I took a bite of) was great. If I find myself in Harrisburg again, I will stop in.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank bekers1978
Harrisburg, PA
“Cheesesteaks are to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Each cheesesteak is made fresh right before your eyes. The roll is baked fresh that same morning.

Its a hard choice, should I get the cheesesteak or the pizza. The solution is to get the cheesesteak for lunch & a whole pie take-out for dinner.

Win-Win

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Roger033
Harrisburg, PA
“You know it's going to be a great day when your wife tells you to bring home a Mama's Pizza for dinner.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Mama's Pizza= "Life Is Good!"

Need I say more? Yes, not a pizza person, then go for the cheese steak sub.