TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey
US$75
US$175
US$149
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfull kitchentwo bedroom suitehershey parkthe breakfast areasized fridgebass pro shopthe sofa bedenjoyed our staysmall kitchenthin wallsfree internetexercise roomconvenient locationshort staywafflesone night stayhot tub
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This was our second time staying here. We always pick the 2-BR suite since we have 3 adults and 3 children. Ample room for everyone. Enough space for all of our stuff (adults in the bedrooms), kids on the sofabed and in a pack and play. Stayed in 401 (top floor). Quiet part of the hotel for us and for others (I don't want to annoy others with our noise either), so the staff did good with where they put us. Elevators didn't take too long.

Traveling with a family, I like the option of the full kitchen. Good to stash cold drinks and to bake cookies for snacks (which we did). They're about 10 minutes from a 24-hour WalMart, which was handy when I had to buy cookies and cold drinks, as well as some forgotten beach towels and flip flops.

Continental breakfast is a saving grace, especially with the large group of us. Free internet and large flat screens in each room. Hotel had just undergone a switch in cable provider. Husband was upset he couldn't find ESPN. I'm sure it was there, but he didn't call to find out. Used the pool and hot tub a bit with the family. They really enjoyed it. Pool was inside and was the saving grace when it was a bit too cool and rainy to enjoy the water rides at Hershey Park. They keep the pool area nice and toasty and towels were always available. There was a workout room, but didn't try it out.

Staff was really nice and helpful. Would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashburn_Pats
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

I'm sorry I missed responding to your stay in June! Your review really touched on some key points ! Thank you so much! Hope to see you in 2013!

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Service was amazing. Upon checkin, my business colleague and I were greeted by a really fun gal. Rooms were good and clean and bed was comfy.

The only warning I will share is that the walls are thin and sometimes I could hear the neighbor or folks outside.

Breakfast was ok but as to be expected for a continental style.

If I'm in the area again, I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Like my Marriott preferences state "away from elevator" (because of the thin walls).
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Thank you for your comments! We are so lucky to have such an amazing staff and to be able to actually connect with our guests I am glad you enjoyed your stay! Have a great summer!

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Typical Marriott chain extended stay type hotel. Great service from Brittany at the front desk. Excellent list of local restaurants that she pulled together and printed out. Well worth the price as a convenient place to stay while visiting Hershey, PA with my wife & kids.

• Stayed: May 2012
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for staying with us! It was a great weekend!

Reviewed 27 May 2012

This was our first experience in a TownePlace. Overall, it was a good experience. We were in the area for a visit to HersheyPark, about 10 miles away. The staff we encountered was unfailingly friendly. The room was comfortable, modern and well-appointed. It was also one of the most ample selections of TV channels we've seen in a hotel, but as my kids reminded me, no Disney Channel. Breakfast was fairly basic, a bit below par for a suite hotel, but it got the job done.
The only real ding I'd offer is that the room was a tad small. While I knew that I was getting a studio room, the fact remains that merely sticking a small kitchen area into an otherwise average-sized hotel room does not a suite make. But if that's not an issue for you, then you'll be more than happy here. It's well-located for just about anything in Pennsylvania and it's a good value to boot.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate you staying with us and hope to serve you again!

Reviewed 8 May 2012

This property has great, friendly service and every amenity you need to be comfortable. It is near the BassPro Shops and a nice mall and an array of restaurants. Got a great sleep on the nice mattress and liked the room decor.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Great points! Thank you so much! I'm so sorry that I missed responding in May! Hope to welcome you back in 2013!