“Excellent place!”

Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
East Hartford, Connecticut
“Excellent place!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have not, but good things to say about this location. Our initial plan was to stay here for two nights using points, however, we were offered a third night at a special rate and I am very happy that I took this offer.The staff was very welcoming even though we showed up at 2 AM in the morning since we were traveling from CT. We stayed here during April vacation of 2014.
The room and amenities were great. We got upgraded from what we had initially booked (Thanks so much.) My 14 years old daughter said that this room was better than the Gaylord hotels. In my opinion that says a lot, specially coming from a young child. The pool was big and well care. The breakfast in my opinion was greater than what I expected from a grab and go. They had bagels, yogurt, fruits, french toast, waffles, boiled eggs, cold and hot cereals, juices, etc. I couldn't ask for more.
This hotel is impeccable, very good care and clean.
Rooms are equipped with microwave, refrigerator, stove, etc.
It's close to Hershey about 15 minutes drive. It is also conveniently located next to a shopping mall.
Just on the same block we found a gas station "Sheetz." Here you can get from pizza, Burgers, Mac and cheese, etc. The place is very affordable.
Something I thought it was interesting was to see the hotel manager behind the check-in desk with regular uniform. I recognized her because I read the name tag. I thought that was refreshing to see a manager taking care of business like a regular employee. Not wonder the place functions so well. If you want a nice and quiet location to stay around the Hershey area, this is it. I would definitely return here when I come to Hershey. 5 stars in customer service, efficiency, cleaning, location and hotel care.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Hello!

Thank you so much for your kind words and positive feedback! We enjoyed having you! I am so glad you were able to take advantage of the last minute offer we sent out!

Travel safe and keep us in mind if you are in the area again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Saint-Roch-des-Aulnaies, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is a great hotel for GREAT value. Full kitchen with a practical and trendy business desk in the room. Of course you benefit from the most comfortable beds in the hotel industry.
The breakfast was not the best we have seen better at other Marriott's like the one in Mississauga ON Canada,
But the service was fantastic very professional. I was worth the stop. Thanks

Room Tip: You can't go wrong any are great
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hello!

Thank you so much for your kind words! Its the perfect way to end a week! Yes... our breakfast is different than the Marriott hotels that offer a complimentary hot breakfast. Ours is designed as a grab and go continental. We hear you loud and clear though! And we are super glad you slept well!

Travel safe! We can't wait to welcome you back!
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel in the summer of 2013, 2 adults and 2 children. We are Marriott Gold Elite members and are quite loyal to the Marriott brands of hotels.

The room we booked was a queen studio with a pullout coach sofa. The room was tiny! One of the smallest we've ever seen in any Marriott Hotel. Certainly not what I would call a suite. The pullout couch, when opened up to a bed, actually touched the end of the queen bed. There was absolutely no room to move when the sleep sofa was opened up and no privacy whatsoever from the couch bed.

Being Marriott Elite members, we are entitled to free room upgrades. Yet that evening we were told there were no other rooms available. The next am we spoke with Erin (who was great) and must also be more empowered because she upgraded us to a two queen room which was significantly larger (actual space to move). The room had a full fridge and range.

The breakfast consisted of only plain or wheat bagels, cereal and yogurt. Most Marriott's with free breakfast offer make your own waffles and even eggs/sausages, but those were not offered here.

Overall the hotel was adequate, but not quite what you get from other Marriott hotels. Also the builder crammed as much as they could in a very small space. Small rooms, small eating area, small pool.

On the plus side, it's only 15 minutes from Hershey park and it was clean.

I'd probably look elsewhere next time if we do visit the area again, mainly due to the skimpier than normal Marriott breakfast and small pool. The price charged by this hotel clearly is indicative of its proximity to Hershey Park.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Skiz77
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Hello,

I was disappointed to read your review of the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey this morning. Our goal is of course that all of our guests are satisfied with their stay.

If you aren't familiar with the variances between the many Marriott branded hotels and haven't stayed at a TownePlace Suites before you probably didn't know what to expect. While everything is detailed on our website and we operate according to Marriott standards for our particular brand, there are only a little over 200 TownePlace Suites nationwide and we find even loyal Marriott Rewards members may not be familiar with us.

All of our rooms have the same galley style kitchen. As a hotel designed for extended stay this is invaluable to our guests. Our breakfast is designed to be a grab and go continental style. Marriott chooses what we offer and it varies by brand. 3 of Marriott's 21 brands offer the complimentary hot breakfast that you referenced.

Without knowing the exact dates you were with us or the details of our reservatoin, and noting that you stayed in the summer, it's quite probable that an upgrade was not available. Upgrades are not guaranteed and are done day of arrival based on availability. The majority of our guests are Marriott Rewards members visiting HersheyPark. We wish we could accomodate everyone's requests! We are delighted we were able to accomodate it for you on the second night of your stay.

Thank you for mentioning Erin, our Guest Services Supervisor. She's an amazing asset to our team, and that the hotel was clean. We are fortunate to have a team that takes great pride in their hotel.

Should you be in a position to stay with us again or if you have any questions about us or our Marriott family of hotels please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly. I would be delighted to assist you and ensure that your visit is a success!

Travel safe!

Bobbi Carey
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Ice storm forced us off the road and we went with TownePlace because it was right off of 81 and we tend to trust Marriott. It was great. Room was large and clean, breakfast (complimentary) was fine and the staff was very helpful. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CharlieandCrew
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Hello!

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts about your visit. I am thankful we were convenient for you and that you were able to travel safely to get to us for the stop. The weather has presented it's share of challenges to travelers in the last few weeks! We are always here if you need us! Travel safe!
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I was very pleasantly surprised by the Towneplace Suites. The rooms were spacious and clean. I didn't use the kitchen, but all the amenities were there. Staff was very friendly. The breakfast was basic, but fresh and served its purpose. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank David_Ba928
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you! I may have to adopt your tag line! We are glad you stayed with us!
Catonsville, Maryland
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The front desk and staff at the hotel provided wonderful, friendly, and prompt service. We arrived early and the staff was able to accommodate an early check in. No complaints regarding customer service.
Great location, near Hershey and next to restaurants and shopping. The kitchen is very cute and small. Two burner stove, microwave, dishwasher, and fridge. The whole room is attractive and functional. Lots of storage space with a largest hotel closet I have ever seen.
I was running a race, so I did not eat much breakfast other than yogurt, banana, and bagel, all of which was provided in the free breakfast. I cannot say much else about the variety other than the breakfast provided what I needed.
The gym was clean and small; free weights, a bench, treadmill, bike, and elliptical machines.
Now for the bad aspects. The walls are thin and this is a family friendly place. Some kids (being kids) were running in the hallways (probably racing each other), but the running caused the dishes on the counter to rattle like an earthquake was happening. And the kids were not running in the hallway outside our room; they were running on the floor above us. We could also hear a baby cry and a mother trying to sooth it. But I'm pretty sure no one had a baby in the rooms next to us. So noise and sound carries in this hotel.
Other than the noise, my husband and I enjoyed our stay and look forward to making this our stop whenever we are in the area.

Room Tip: The walls are thin, try to get a room on the 4th floor is possible. There is a large Target nearby t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great snapshot of our hotel! It sounds like you participated in the Hershey Half Marathon! I hope you did well! Travel safe, we hope to welcome you back for next years race!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Had a group with three rooms, which were large and clean. We experienced no problems during our three night stay. The room price was on the high side would be the only minus. The mall across the street was a plus for evenings and meals.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
BCarey, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Hello!

thank you so much for the review title.. our team is amazing and really does want every guest to be happy staying with us! so glad you were!

travel safe, hope to see you again!