Every year we take a trip to Hershey Park for several days. Last year we stayed in Lancaster and it was way too far from Hershey Park, so this year we decided to look for a hotel in Harrisburg or maybe Hershey if the price was right. We are a family of four, with two kids ages 3 and 6, we really wanted a suite with a separate room with real doors, instead of a semi-private partition which is common with studio suites. I researched and narrowed it down to Sleep Inn and Staybridge Suites. We still could not commit so we went to Hershey Park without a hotel reservation. We arrived at Staybridge Suites at 1:30pm and went inside to look around. Monica was at the front desk checking someone in. We waited and asked if there was a 1 bedroom suite available and asked if we could take a look at the suite before committing. We looked at it and immediately booked a room. Monica was able to get us a great rate and allowed us to check in early in a room on the 4th floor.
The room was very clean and the AC was already on when we entered the room. The AC was also very quiet, the hotel we stayed in last year had an AC unit that was really, really loud so I had trouble sleeping. The living room area had a loveseat which is also a sofabed, chair, TV and DVD player and coffee table. The kitchen area which is right off the living room had a counter with bar stools, refrigerator, microwave, two electric burners, dishwasher, dishes, cups, glasses, cutlery, pots and plans, coffee maker and a toaster. Bedrooms had two double beds, TV, DVD players, good sized closets. Bathroom had plenty of towels and toilet paper.
There is free hot and cold breakfast. Scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, corn dogs, oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins, muffins, bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs, fruit, cold cereal, bran flakes and fruit loops for the kids, yogurt, french toast and the best part of breakfast was the make your belgium waffles with all the topping. Of course there were plenty of juices and coffee. Breakfast starts at 6:30am and ends at 9am. We went down to eat at 8:15am and there was still plenty of food left. Kids loved the waffles, but the bacon went fast so if you want it get there early. There is also a free buffet guest dinner on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. We did not find the dinner appealing to our taste, but appreciated the offer.
The area is very quiet, even though it is right off the highway, so we all slept well. We did wish the beds were queen instead of double, but it was fine, just our preference. The room gets a little cold at night so we turned off the AC. The kids took a swim in the heated pool, there is also a small fitness room right off the pool if you have the time to exercise. We washed our dirty clothes in free washer and dryer, we just had to buy the laundry detergent.
Hershey Park was only 20 minutes and downtown Harrisburg was 8 minutes away, where we found some great Sushi at Miyako on N. 2nd Street.
We were there for two nights and overall we were very, very happy with our stay. We loved the suite, clean rooms, the separate room, two televisions, full kitchen, staff was friendly, appreciated the free breakfast and dinner and free laundry. The staff was not overwhelming and left us alone, which we really liked and accommodating when we needed help. Next time, we do intend to cook so we will come prepared. Thank you Monica for hooking us up with a great room and a great, stress free stay. This is an great hotel for families, we will definitely be back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, PA is a new all suite hotel located only minutes from Downtown Harrisburg, The Outlets at Hershey, Harrisburg State Capitol Complex and Hershey Park Stadium as well as the Harrisburg International Airport MDT. As an extended stay hotel, stay for a few nights or a few months you will find all the conveniences of home at our hotel. Each spacious suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave, stove top, dishwasher and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk with free high-speed Internet access or relax in the comfortable living room area while you enjoy premium cable television, DVD player and HBO movies. Work off some stress in our 24 hour fitness center, take a dip in our indoor pool, or relax in our library with your favorite book. Don t forget to stop by our Pantry where you can pick up a variety of foods, beverages and even toiletry items 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Staybridge Suites Harrisburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Harrisburg Hotel Harrisburg
- Harrisburg Staybridge Suites