“Average stay....disappointing maid service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites Harrisburg

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Staybridge Suites Harrisburg
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“Average stay....disappointing maid service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed for 3 nights with my parents in a 2 bed 2 bath suite and my brother and family who were in a 1 bedroom suite. When I made the reservations 3 months ago asked for rooms close to each other and also was told the 1 bedroom suite would have a sleeper sofa. Found out at check in hotel was full and no 1 bedroom suites with sleeper sofa were available. My brother has 3 kids so 2 beds was not enough ...Manager offered a discount on the room and we placed one of the kids on the couch. The manager was very nice and apologetic and we thought all would be well, that was not the case. The maid service and cleanliness of the room was terrible, they never took trash or made beds. When called for more towels they were left on the desk...rom was never cleaned and the manager didn't seem surprised and stated they were having some trouble with help. I will say Manager was very nice and heard our concerns and tried to help. The breakfast area was well stocked and gray selection just very small and very busy. The pool area is very small as well. Overall a decent stay though 20 minute drive to hershey. The 2 bedroom suite was spacious and great to share with my parents just wish it was clean...I could write in the dust and not having the rooms made up after returning back from long days at the park put a damper on the stay.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Michael L, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. It's great to hear your positive comments on our hotel facilities and Front Office Manager. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations; however, it seems that we were not able to provide the best possible hotel stay experience with regard to housekeeping services. Please know that we take this very seriously, and we are making positive changes at the property to improve service in this area. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. It is our goal to provide an environment that is comfortable and enjoyable when you are away from home. Thank you for your insight; we would appreciate the opportunity to provide the best possible stay on your next trip into the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
New Canaan, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

With the prospect of a 13 hour drive with an elderly lab, I knew I would need to break up the trip with a hotel stop. I stumbled upon a web site, Officialpethotels.com, and determined that this hotel would accept dogs without a weight limit.(my dog is 80 pounds). I booked the room. While driving I called to make sure the hotel was ok with my reservation. The one downer is that the pet website had not told me of a $75 cleaning fee required when bringing a pet. Regardless it was well worth it. While road emissions have sooted some of the exterior, the inside looks relatively new and is very clean and inviting. The desk help was friendly and attentive. The rooms are large and well appointed; mine with two queen beds, a sofa bed, flat screen, and kitchenette with nice finishes. The room was already cool on arrival; something not often found along this corridor . With or without a dog I would stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review. Although our website does list the pet fees, some third-party websites do not mention some information of the hotel. We are so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay and we do look forward to seeing you again!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel two I weeks in a ro for business. The first week the entire third floor was full of marijuana smoke and the front desk said there was nothing they could do besides send air fresheners. I am currently pregnant son I checked out the day following. The next week I was to have my 10 year old son traveling with me and specifically requested a room with two double beds I was given a room with one Queen and no extra linens. When I asked the front desk staff to correct it they said they had non of my requested room type available. I later learned from a sales manager that they didn't have the rooms cleaned do to a dog show convention they had booked the week prior. So they are too lazy to clean. There is also bags of trash in the hallway by the elevator. Book the candlewood much cleaner and they will give you the room you reserved.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Michael L, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback, as it very valuable to us and helps us to improve guest satisfaction, which is always our goal. Thank you for bringing the 3rd floor situation to our attention; our management team immediately sought to find the source on the day this was an issue. Although they were unable to locate the exact room, they did all they could to diffuse the smell as fast as possible.

We apologize that our Central Reservations Office made an error in booking your requested room type. We often have the flexibility to rectify that possibility at the property level upon check in, but because we were sold out of that room type, we were unable to do so at that time. We understand that a room with a sleeper sofa was not an acceptable solution to you, and we were able to offer you a room with two beds the following day. We are pleased to provide extra pillows in your closet in your room and extra linens, towels and amenities at the Front Desk (or we can bring them to your room upon request).

We do have guests that are allergy sensitive, so we do need to take proper care in deep cleaning each pet room before putting it back into service, and with the dog show event, we did have more pet rooms that needed special care.

As an extended stay hotel, we provide a light touch daily service, which includes making the bed, refreshing the towels, and collecting trash from the rooms. It is collected then taken the trash receptacle outside. We are sorry that it was still in the process of being taken out when you saw it. It is our goal to provide a clean and safe environment for every guest, and we thank you for your feedback.

It is our goal to provide an environment that is comfortable and enjoyable when you are away from home. Thank you for your insight; we would be grateful for the opportunity to win you back should your current situation change.
DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

The Staybridge Suites was a very nice hotel convenient to Harrisburg and Hershey.

We are three adults and it was a luxury to be able to get their dual bedroom King suite with two complete bathrooms and a living room at a price not that much more than a regular suite. All three rooms were sufficiently sized and clean. The closet ducted HVAC unit was quiet - a key factor for us in any hotel.

The room had windows that opened which enabled letting in some fresh air. Unfortunately, there was a lot of truck traffic outside so we had to close the windows in order to sleep. Fortunately, with the windows closed, the rooms were quiet and we slept fine.

The hotel staff were all very nice and helpful.

We were in Harrisburg to check out the Dodge City Restaurant which had been featured on Restaurant Impossible (a summer project we are engaged in). It's about 5-10 mintues away and we highly recommend trying it when you are in the area.

(see Tripadvisor reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g52787-d837060-Reviews-Dodge_City_USA_Restaurant-Harrisburg_Pennsylvania.html )

2 Thank ComfortSeeker595
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you had an excellent stay and were able to enjoy the two bedroom suite. We hope to see you during your next trip into town!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Hotel was very nice and our room was huge and had everything we could need, it was wonderful to have a full kitchen. However, the glasses in the kitchen, most of them were dirty, so be sure to rewash them. The pool was much smaller than I had imagined and was always crawling with kids, so we were not able to use it. Also, the gym being attached to the pool was not the best idea. While working out, kids were running in and our of the gym and kept running up to the glass between the pool and the gym. I would suggest the hotel have a curtain for privacy from the pool while working out. I was also surprised that if you missed housecleaning, they don't come back unless you call them, so one of the nights we were there, our room was never cleaned, also it should be noted, it's only a light cleaning service, basically they just make the bed and take out the trash, nothing more. Despite these small issues, our stay was very pleasant and the staff was great. Breakfast in the morning was very good as long as you go there early enough.

The hotel is about 20 min from downtown Hershey which for us, wasn't a problem. Very easy to get to right off the highway. It's also about 40 min away from Gettysburg as well, which is an amazing place to go visit. I found it to be very convenient that we were about half way between these two places.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

We are glad you had a great overall stay and found our hotel convenient to your destination in Hershey. We are sorry to hear you were unable to enjoy the pool and hope you can during your next trip into town. Again, we greatly appreciate your positive feedback as it does help us improve guest services.
Lemoyne, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed for about a week on business, with our dog. The room is very nice, definitely a good size, the staff is friendly, and the daily sprucing up is a nice bonus (bed making, towel exchange, quick clean type deal for extended stay guests.) The room is a little noisy, just hallway noise through the door, we never heard anyone in the rooms to either side of us even though the hotel was full several nights. Also, I will bring my own pillow next time, these were lumpy. Overall though its a very nice hotel and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Rachel:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Staybridge brand and look forward to seeing you during your next trip into town!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend (7/26-7/28) while visiting Hershey Park and had a great stay. The room was very spacious and clean, the bed was comfy (the pillows were a little too soft for my liking though), and staff was very friendly. My main complaint would be that we stayed in room 209 which was right off the elevator and it was very noisy during the day. We arrived at the hotel around 1:30 in the afternoon and wanted to rest for a little before heading out and the little kids yelling and running in the hallway kept me up. It wasn't like that at night so it wasn't worth switching rooms but something to keep in mind. All in all it was a great stay and we would definitely stay there again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WorkToTravel827
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay. During your next stay with us, the front desk staff can ensure you with a room location that will give you an even better experience. We look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in Harrisburg!