“Staybridge really does love their Guests”

Staybridge Suites Harrisburg
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Milford, New Hampshire
“Staybridge really does love their Guests”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I am almost done with my 10 day stay in Harrisburg. The entire staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They really do make you feel like they care and want to make sure you are comfortable and relaxed. I have to bring attention to Mercedes as she was very proactive, reaching out to guests and going the extra mile. If I am ever at another Farm Complex event I will be staying here.

Room Tip: An upper level floor on the back of the building seems to be more quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are so happy to hear that you had a comfortable and relaxed stay and found the staff pleasant to interact with. We strive to make our guests feel as they are guests in our own home!

We are grateful for your positive feedback and look forward to seeing you during your next trip into the Harrisburg/Hershey area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I've being staying here for about 2 months now, and overall the stay good, rooms clean, personnel friendly and accomodating when I make mistakes, food good, location good but, and here is the but: for both breakfast and dinner (tues to thurs) they never open on time and what I mean.they turn on the lights (similar to airlines pushing of from the gate) but they don't have all the food out. A couple of days the scrambled egg didn't arrive until 6.45am, this happens on.regular basis. In fact another review on their home page complained about the same issue, so it's not just me. Anyway, other than.that the stays have been.good

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. As we strive to provide guests with exceptional guest service, we will be sure to address your concern with our staff immediately.

We are so thankful for your loyalty and look forward to seeing you when you are next in town!
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Hotel is right next door to farm complex. Clean spacious, modern, suite that includes full size coffee pot, dishwasher, stove, fridge, and its stocked with everything you need. Staff polite and responsive. Free hot breakfast was great had everything you would want. Free parking and wifi a big plus.

Room Tip: Stayed on the fourth floor suite 417
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so happy to hear you were able to enjoy the different amenities throughout our hotel.

Again, thank you so much for your positive feedback and we hope to see you when you are back in the Harrisburg/Hershey area.
NYC
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I am only reviewing my over night stay at SBS for the great out door expo which opening day was Feb 1 2014. I will say I was really pleased with the hotel when I arrived check in was smooth and the room was spacious for a studio suite. The room had it all, they really work hard to make sure all needs are meet. I looked over every detail in the room as they have high confidence in their hotel, I can say they made it hard to find anything wrong. Great job with rooms and hotel building.
I also enjoyed the breakfast they offer, but I must say that I would if I ran this hotel brand would add some more options or set up a tad but different since all other ends of hotel is on high standard. I am not a sausage eater and that was the only meat offered. I would review other chain hotels and see what they offer/ display their breakfast (ieg ES) to better your options/display a tad but more, over all breakfast was a 7 as it did the job and I did have other options that did the job, just seen a large breakfast buffet before And want SBS to be a prefect 10 as I fell in love with a new chain hotel SBS With all I have reviewed nothing was going to change my review at all it was great. Don't hesitate staying here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to know that you had a great experience and enjoyed your spacious room and the breakfast buffet.

We are so appreciative of your positive feedback and your kind recommendation. We look forward to seeing you during your next trip into the area!
IL
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I booked this suites-hotel to gain a little more space when sent to Harrisburg to work for a week. My first clue about poor management and staff attitude happened when I pulled up in the parking lot. I parked in the first open space in the lot and was pulling my luggage up the slight hill in the parking lot; and was surprised when two employees in uniform came out of the hotel and got in their cars parked right in front of the door. (Surprised staff are not asked to park in the side lot and enter the building via the end door.)

The second surprise came at check-in when the clerk tried to up my room charge by $10 a night after inspecting my ID, charge card, and affiliation card. I had the printed room reservation in hand and pointed out the increase. After my complaint and threat not to stay there, the charge was reduced to what was quoted online. So beware and have your confirmation on your phone or printout when checking in. The next surprise was when I received a flash alert on my phone that the hotel had blocked an amount on my credit card that was $200 over the total of my expected room bill. Once again I complained to the same person at the front desk but she could not figure out how to change it or explain why it was so much larger than the few bucks they usually block for incidentals.

Placed in a room on the backside of the building, and seemed like a nice large, clean suite until the noise from the trucks in the Ag Expo next door started. Beware that the staging area for loading and unloading trucks with cargo of convention exhibits and displays continues all night, and is very loud. Train yard is on the other end of the building. On my last day, I was awakened to the sound of racing motors and burning tires. The local sports car club apparently rents the parking lot of the Expo Center on Sunday morning for cornering races and handling exercises…and generates a lot of car noise.

Another example of poor management and service is the fact that our room was only cleaned and reset one day out of the 5 we were there. At check-in I was told there would be limited maid service on the weekend, and I was asked to set a time then if I desired service. Didn’t matter, since nothing happened anyway. We became used to going down to the front desk to request new towels each day. Had a big pile by the end of the week!

There is an evening reception with food and limited drinks some evenings. Free breakfast in mornings with variety of offerings that changes. The woman running the breakfast area is the only staff member that seems to care. She is the best employee in the entire place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front, left side of building should be quieter, away from the Ag Exp lot, train yard, a...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.

Thank you for bringing the parking situation to our attention. Our hotel policy is indeed for our employees to park at the rear of the building. We will be sure to follow up with our staff immediately.

As our reservation system is being upgraded, we did experience a few glitches that may have caused the rate change and we are sorry that you had to experience that. Depending on the type of credit card or bank card you have, the bank or credit card company may automatically authorize cards with the $20 incidental fee and multiply it by the number of room nights. It can take up to 7-10 business days for those authorizations to release.

With our extended-stay feature, we offer a light-touch service everyday, unless you have a do not disturb sign up, where our housekeepers will remove trash, replace towels, and make beds. We also offer a full clean if it is requested by the guest. We are sorry for any miscommunication of information and we will be sure to better convey these services upon check-in.

We greatly apologize for the noise in the adjacent lot. Not knowing your exact stay date, you may have stayed with us awhile ago because we had an inquired about this over the summer with the complex and the noise from the races had stopped during the summertime. If your stay was more recent, please let us know so we can follow-up with the complex.

We are glad you were able to enjoy the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening social reception and the breakfast buffet in the mornings.

We are grateful for your honest review as we do strive to improve our guests' hotel experience. We look forward to the opportunity to provide a better guest experience on your next trip into the Harrisburg/Hershey area.
California
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I booked this for a family trip for my husband's entire family trip to Hershey Park. Perhaps it was poor planning on my part, but I missed the part where this is not actually all that close to Hershey. As we drove farther and farther away from the park at the end of a long day with a lot of tired kids, I was a little upset that it was advertised as "Hershey" Staybridge Suites. This hotel is not in the best area. While there are a number of places to eat in the area, many of them were in super sketchy areas. We stopped at Burger King and they had a security guard, if that helps you to picture the area. Location is a HUGE part of why people choose a hotel and I was extremely embarrassed to have booked my husband's entire family in such a place.

The hotel itself was standard. It was a busy time in July so there were a lot of people there so there were some elevator waits and such, but that is to be expected. My husband and I got the two-bedroom and were pleased with the separate bedroom area for the kids and privacy for the adults with a common room in between. We got a lot of use out of the kitchen area, which I thought was well-stocked and exceptionally clean. For all of the people in the hotel, we were pleased with how quiet the room was. We also thought that breakfast had a great variety, with enough to please kids and adults alike. They kept everything in that area well-stocked and clean. We also used the pool. The chlorine was a bit intense with an extremely strong odor, but the pool was clean and the kids enjoyed it, which is what matters most. All in all, it's a basic hotel with pretty good amenities. We'd definitely try to stay somewhere closer to Hershey next time, but if you're going to be close to the area, especially at the Farm Show Complex next door, it's a pretty good choice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.

Due to Hershey's draw from area states, plus our mix of complimentary amenities, families visiting Hersheypark have used our property more and more each year, as they find our amenities outweigh the 14-mile drive to Hersheypark. The value and cost-savings of our larger suites have proven to be a great fit for families visiting the Hershey area.

We are so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the indoor heated pool and breakfast buffet, along with your two-bedroom suite.

We thank you for your honest feedback and your recommendation.
District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed here while on business. It is right next door to the Farm Complex. You can walk there. Not walking distance to anything else. The hotel was very clean. The rooms were nice. The hotel provided the standard free breakfast which was yummy and had a nice mix of protein & carbs. They also provided an evening "snack." During my stay the snack for one night were Brats and Burgers with Chips, salad, fruit…Yeah…it was really dinner. I thought that was a nice touch. The service was great and I slept well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.

We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and were able to enjoy the evening social which is offered on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday every week.

We greatly appreciate your kind words and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!