“Great hotel, great staff, great location, I guess just great!”

Staybridge Suites Harrisburg
Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Last May I was volun-told, I had to attend a three-week training class in Harrisburg. I used to stay at the Holiday Inn express during business trips that Harrisburg area. But I figured three full weeks in Harrisburg I might need some space in the room so I took a shot in the dark and convinced eight others to try this hotel. We fell in love, and ever since we've been staying at the stay bridge. The last two months I've logged in over 25 nights at the stay bridge. The only two issues that I can really speak about and they are very minor. It seems like they have added several rooms with two full beds. Last May when I stayed there I had a king bed, like I said only a minor issue one that is the sleep one and the other is to hold my luggage just kidding I would not put dirty luggage on the bed. The other issue minor in nature is there is a young lady at the desk who seems like she is always having a bad day when we check in. In contrast there is a young lady with blonde hair who goes out of her way with her bubbly personality to make us feel welcome and part of the family. The rooms are clean, the food is good, and the facilities are nice. I would recommend this hotel the people traveling to Harrisburg on business or pleasure because they really take care of their guests at this location. I'll see you guys next week.

Room Tip: Avoid the back rooms as they face the railroad tracks, trust me it's an active railroad all hour...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

On behalf of the entire Staybridge Suites Harrisburg Hershey team, thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We truly appreciate your comments on our staff, our great facilities, cleanliness and good food. Our goal is to make each of our guests feel as though they are a guest in our own home and your comments are the seal of approval on our efforts. Your repeat business and recommendation to others are two of the greatest compliments you can give us and we thank you for them.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I wish I could give a 1/2 Star... This is an EXCELLENT hotel - I stay here once a year when I'm in Harrisburg on business and will continue to stay here. The staff is courteous and friendly, the rooms top-notch. The complimentary breakfast is buffet-style and very good.
The location is perfect if you're in Harrisburg for the Farm Show Complex or the Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC), but a little out of the way for downtown and other nearby attractions.
There is a Business Center, Pool and Fitness Room. A friend used the Bus. Center and stated the computers are running Windows XP. The Fitness Center has a set of dumb-bells to 25 lbs, a treadmill that wasn't working properly, an elliptical machine (perfect) and a bike machine (didn't use it). I didn't use the pool, but it appeared to be very clean.
The only 2 things preventing me from giving this hotel 5 Stars is: 1) There's no bar or restaurant within or adjoining the hotel, but there's some very good restaurants only a short drive away. 2) If you like to sleep in, the outside noise from the nearby railroad yard will be your morning wake-up call during the week.

Room Tip: For less noise in the morning, get a room away from the railroad yard
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MCFDTony
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel for other travelers on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your comments on our friendly staff, excellent complimentary breakfast and convenient location.
While we do not have an adjoining restaurant, we do keep several menus on hand at the front desk for local restaurants that deliver. We will be happy to share them with you on your next visit.
It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Very clean! Friendly, helpful staff. Safe and convenient location. Will definitely return and recommend to friends and family. Directly across from the farm complex where many different types of events are held throughout the year....book early.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

On behalf of the entire Staybridge Suites Harrisburg team, thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We set high standards for product, service and cleanliness and it is very gratifying to hear that we met those standards during your stay. We look forward to providing you with the same pleasant accommodations the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I can't say enough good things about Staybridge! We booked a block of 14 rooms for out of town guests attending our son's wedding in the area. Janet Rozzi, Director of Sales went out of her way to ensure that all went smoothly. The staff were warm and welcoming and kindly distributed our welcome bags to all of our guests as they checked in. Housekeeping & the breakfast staff were efficient & friendly as well. Everyone was very pleased with the accommodations. Rooms were spacious, well appointed, modern, and very clean. The fully stocked kitchen and living room areas were great & allowed us to entertain other family members staying together in the hotel. (We had a 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms & 3 TV's, which was really nice). The buffet breakfast was convenient and very good with lots of selections. Our guests appreciated the free wifi. They especially enjoyed gathering in the comfortable lounge areas, and the patio out back. Everything about our stay there was PERFECT, and certainly helped to make our weekend wedding celebration absolutely wonderful. Will definitely stay at this hotel whenever we visit the Harrisburg/Hershey area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

"Everything about our stay there was PERFECT" - these words are music to our ears! On behalf of the entire Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, thank you so much for being our guests! It was an honor to be chosen to host guests of your son's recent wedding and we are thrilled to hear that you were all so pleased with the accommodations. We also feel our spacious rooms are the perfect "home away from home" for our guests. And we are glad to hear you enjoyed our many amenities from free wi-fi to our complimentary breakfast. Again, thank you for being our guests and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We look forward to hosting you again when you return to our area.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

The stay bridge suites were pleasant and clean. The hotel is not in the best location as there are trains and traffic nearby. I slept comfortably due to being overworked. The breakfast was pretty good though. I would consider the price just right also. Staff is professional and polite. Parking is good. There is also a brewery nearby. Stop in and stay a while. They even allow pets.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are so happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay and found your interactions with our staff professional and polite! As a team, we strive to make guests feel as though they are guests in our own homes while maintaining a professional manner.

Again, thank you so much for your honest feedback. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Checkin was Extremely Friendly & Not bad on the eyes. Room was Extremely Clean & nice. Only complaint is tv was cheap had big line going through middle and scratches on front screen remote barely worked location not great for places to eat at limitef delivery zone. If your looking for nice room & willing to cook your own meals seriously consider this place.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

It's great to hear your positive comments on our hotel facilities. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.We are sorry to hear that the tv didn't work. During your next stay with us, please feel free to reach out to the front desk staff as we do have a houseman on duty for any issues that may come up during a guest's stay.

Again, thank you for your insight; we would appreciate the opportunity to provide the best possible stay on your next trip into the area.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I booked this hotel for the 2014 NeMLA conference and the blocked room rate was more expensive than the regular room rate. I booked a suite and it was immaculate. Cupboards were stocked with plates, utensils, coffee, creamer, sugar, tea, classes, and ice in the fridge. The suite has two TVs, nice air control, adequate closet space, and comfortable furniture. My only complaints are that the front desk clerk acted as though my presence was an imposition and didn't even look at me the whole time she was checking me in. Also, the hotel is located far from an establishments within walking distance. For those without a car, I would look for a place further toward the center. However, if you have a car, I would recommend staying at the Staybridge for a nice, comfortable, and spacious stay.

Room Tip: Do not use American Taxi. The hotel recommended this taxi service to me but they are in no way respo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear atalas87,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are so happy to hear that you found our suites to be immaculate! As an extended stay hotel, our brand standard is to provide spacious suites that deliver a comfortable stay.

Our motto is "We love guests." It is our goal to make all of our guests feel welcome upon their arrival and throughout their stay. Anything that falls short of this, is unacceptable. We are grateful to you for bringing your check-in experience to our attention as this is a great teaching opportunity for our staff.

Again, we are so thankful that you took the time to share your honest opinion with us. We look forward to having you back with us again, where we will wow you from check-in to check-out!