“The place to go for mexican”

El Sol Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
El Sol Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 557 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Yummy good Mexican food. You have to go here. They also own La Luna in Hershey!

Reviewed 11 January 2012

Small but nice atmosphere, ordered a margarita - was pretty average, I should probably have ordered one of their more expensive margaritas to get a decent quality - the one I received was obviously made from a mix and cheap tequila. Ordered the guacamole appetizer - excellent flavor and quality; however, I received my entree, Carnitas, about 1 minute after my appetizer was delivered. I felt incredibly rushed - any decent waitress would have delayed bringing out my main course. The carnitas was chewy, stringy, and rather flavorless - major disappointment, the only good thing on the plate was more guacamole, which was about the only thing on the plate I ate.
I had heard that this place was really good, so I had my hopes up, which I think made me even more disappointed. Will not return.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

I know that someone has to have the table by the kitchen door. I work in a restaurant so I understand that you want to take up maximum potential space in a small space. My fiance and I faced away from the kitchen so it wasn't really a big deal at all. However, I know that for some people, they would not like sitting there. We ordered a margarita and a mojito...both were outstanding. I ordered crab enchilladas and my fiance ordered a skillet meal type thing. I forget what it was called. Both portions were huge and delicious. It was the first time either of us have tried cactus. It's great! I was really surprised that I liked it. Our server was really friendly even though she was becoming more and more busy as we sat there. She was as attentive as she could be with a full section of tables. We'll definitely be going back.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Our experience wil El Sol on this visit was mostly positive - we were seated on time, the hostess & our server were friendly, & the food was very good. Absolute best guacamole anywhere and worth the price. We brought friends with us to have dinner and everyone enjoyed their meals without exception. The ambience was good, except for the view of the storage area/coat rack where extra tables and chairs are stacked - it is too close to the dining area to go unnoticed and serves merely as an eyesore in an otherwise pleasant atmosphere. We arrived early to enjoy a drink at the bar before dinner but it was not as enjoyable as we hoped. First, I did not enjoy listening to other servers make disparaging comments about their customers while picking up their drinks. It made me feel very uneasy. Secondly, the lone bartender was very busy & cordial at best. I observed her shorting drinks multiple times...mixing up a drink, pouring it from the shaker into an ice-filled glass, noticing she had not mixed enough to fill the glass, then adding more ice to the glass for a quick fill fix. This immediately explained why my $8 margarita was empty in about 6 sips. Maybe this is a standard practice among bartenders but it leads to weak drinks, unhappy patrons, and poor reviews. Tip: the $10 Margarita Fresca was much better and not nearly as ice-filled. The food will keep me going back for another try with high hopes that the bar situation improves.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

This is a good place for Mexican food and a great place for tequila. The prices are a little high for the food quality and presentation, but average for the area. Parking is hard to find- pass the restaurant and make a right at the light, parking lot on your right. You can walk throughout the lot (your behind the restaurant)to enter. If you are okay with an additional 10 minute drive, GO TO HERBIE'S, located near/in Steelton. Worth the drive, time, and every penny!