“A wonder!”

El Sol Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
El Sol Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 578 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

The place is fabulously great. The food is impeccable, the service makes you feel comfortable and the menu is just a very special one of a kind! A must!!!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This quaint restaurant is tucked away nicely in the SOMA district, away from the more heavily trafficked 2nd Street but still within walking distance of all major downtown attractions. The food here always tastes freshly made with high quality ingredients. Be sure to stop in for their awesome happy hour specials. Their margaritas are excellent and the fish tacos are my favorite anywhere. The portion sizes are also very generous. This is a great spot for dinner for 2 or a group but be sure to make weekend reservations. The bar area is quite small but pleasant if you're able to find a seat.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We are staying in downtown Harrisburg Pa. We went to El Sol last night and all I can say is the best Mexican food I have ever had. It was authentic the seasonings were amazing. I had chile rellanos and he had enchiladas. We eat Mexican at least twice a week and all I can say is the best ever. Our server was Desiree and she gave us excellent suggestions for every item. The margaritas were great. I can't wait to come here again, great food and great service two thumbs up definitely.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Always Sunny in Harrisburg? MAybe. DIned with friends who live local and like this place and I was walking from the hotel. We had tacos mostly, and the chips/salsa which they charge for but are usually free at most mexican places. I had fish tacos as I recall, nothing exceptional. Refried beans and other accoutrements weren't memorable either. Service was a little mani-depressive on this Tuesday after the the Monday holiday. I'd go back perhaps, after checking out many other place nearby first.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This is the best Mexican food in Harrisburg. The lunch specials are great. I love the fajitas for dinner. The guacamole is great. I'd upgrade from the house Margarita. I think there is a happy Hour, but I have not been.