La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 5 August 2013

my wife and i stayed at this la quinta inn on august 2nd of this year. looks ok from outside but its a little run down when your inside. check in was at 3 but they had no king rooms done yet so we had to wait. got our room at 3-30. room was made up nice . my wife liked it at the beginning but a few things made her change her mind. stains on the rugs and on a chair. shower had mildew stains around it. thought price was alittle steep for condition of motel. to close to hershey pa. we have stayed at alot of la quinta inns on the east coast and by far this one doesn"t rate at the top. we probably won"t be coming back to this one again. bed was kind of hard. we both didn"t get a good nights sleep. room where they serve breakfast is kind of small. we are gold card holders and we like the the extra services that go with it. so one bad apple won"t spoil the rest.

Room Tip: don"t bring ur bathing suit . this one doesn"t have a pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey

Reviewed 28 July 2013

For starters, check in is at 3:00 p.m. We needed an earlier check in as we were flying in to attend a large family function and wanted to check in and freshen up first. I called the day prior to our arrival and was told to call back the next a.m. which I did to be told to call back around 11:30, which I did. I was told a room might be ready at 12:30. So, we headed on over and now the story is that a room might be ready at 1:30. Well, we had to get to our family gathering and couldn't wait around. We could see down both ends of the ground floor hall that rooms were being cleaned. Was not one room available? We (three of us) took turns using the lobby bathroom to change clothes. Two other groups came in while we were there also requesting an early check in and were told the same thing we were. So.....they got in line to change clothing in the lobby bathroom.
The lamp bases in our room were thick with dust and there were hairs on the bathroom floor.
Don't be mislead by the word "Airport" in the name of this hotel. They are not close to the airport as one might think. And.....no shuttle to and from airport.
Also, breakfast is served beginning at 6 a.m. M-F and 7 a.m. Sat and Sunday's. What good is that if you have an early flight which we did both times we stayed there.
Other than the above mentioned, the room was fine. They were very busy and there was a wait to get checked in.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at this facility for four nights with our dog. We were greeted by the staff and the general manager. They could not have been more helpful! we were here to do some research on the family. The staff gave us directions to where we needed to go. The breakfasts were great. The room and bed were very comfortable. We can only give this facility the best recommendation. Congratulations to the management and total staff. We will return again as we continue our study. Dr. Jim, Lynne, and Angel

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Ive stayed at fancier more expensive hotels and never had such great sleep as i did here. The room was spacious, clean, super comfortable mattresses, great bathtub...couldnt have been happier. This hotel is affordable even during peak season. Close to hershey park, stores and restaurants. A mcdonalds right across the street. The free breakfast was filling, substantial and there was variety. i'll be staying here with my family again!!!!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I am a La Quinta loyalist and so because I travel for a living I do my best to go out of my way to stay there. This property is on the lower end as far as La Quinta Inns go. We have stayed at this property three times. We stayed here on vacation last year during Hurricane Sandy (long story! Lol) and it seems to have gone down a bit even since then. The property is in need of a renovation big time. If it had not been for me trying to reach my next level in their rewards program I would have kept going on our way to Connecticut. The carpets are old, the hallways dreary and it has that "cheap hotel smell" when you walk in the lobby.

The price ($98) did not match the value. When I asked about negotiating the price at check in they actually offered me $125. I understand the higher summer rates but the quality of this place did not match the price.

Front desk staff at check in were cordial but not overly friendly. More of a "ok I'll check you in if I have to". They did not ask me if I needed anything or offer any helpful information. There were no beyond the call of duty pleasantries of any kind.

I do pass thru this area several times a year but I probably will be looking for a different place to stay unless the rate at the time needed is what I paid last year ($60). The bottom line is this: the price I paid necessitated a critically low, unfavorable review.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Clean and comfortable rooms. Small microwave and fridge. Door of A/C broken off, but did not affect operation. Monotonous breakfast selection, but stocked and attended well. (cereal, waffles, bagels, muffins, bread, fruit). Found best rate through La Quinta website that was considerably lower than other websites for the same room. Stayed a week, so they only cleaned the room three times. Not enough towels supplied for more than 2 people.

Room Tip: Had room on first floor at the end near a side door. Very quiet and convenient.