La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey
US$164
US$147
Staybridge.com
US$75
Sleep Inn & Suites(Harrisburg)
US$110
US$89
SleepInn
US$196
Travelocity
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanpet ownersharrisburg airporthershey parkclose to the airporta pet friendly hotelfree breakfastup to datewaffle makerwould stay againone night stayeasy accessthe breakfast areapetscerealrates
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed here one night during for a near-by college visit. I got the place through HotWire so I did not know the hotel until I had already paid. HotWire had it at 2.5 stars.

For a very reasonable price, we had a nice room with large flatscreen TV, reliable/fast/free Internet, very comfortable beds, and free breakfast including the now-popular waffle makers.
The room was quiet overnight even with near-by highways (we did have the AC unit fan on so this may have helped).

Was it 5-star? No, but we did not stay here for vacation. It was very comfortable and I would not hesitate to stay here again. For a business or similar quick trip, it is a fine option.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013

hotel was very dirty and the rugs were gross, my wife would not walk around barefoot. we were asked about smoking or no smoking and i asked for non smoking, when we got the 3rd floor you could cut the smoke with a knife. we had to open the window and put a towel under the door to keep the smoke out. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL, GO TO ANOTHER HOTEL. very old and out dated.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I have stayed in many Laquinta hotels. This one rates somewhere in the middle. People who worked there were nice. Room was adequate. Things are older in the hotel. Carpets are drabby in the halls and it is dirty in the door ways and hallways. The vending machine area was quite dirty with long ago spilled sodas with dirt caked on the floor. It was gross. Not sure why a hotel doesn't spend anytime cleaning their entrances. Also the elevator rug was really dirty and needed to be vacuumed as well.

Overall the room was okay. There was food crumbs around the chair and night table, food spilled on ottoman that wasn't cleaned up. The rug was new, but it is a cheap rug and all you can smell is the rubber backing.

Anyway it was quiet and the morning breakfast was their standard fare.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel is fairly easy to find and is close to the airport. It is on a hill and many of the parking spots are a little steep, so beware if you drive a stickshift. Oh, there were lots of people here with dogs as well. No real barking issues, but know that there will be people with dogs walking all over the property and in the halls. It seemed almost like there were more dogs than people here.

The hotel itself is pretty dated. The tiny breakfast room did not have the seating capacity to come even close to handling the number of guests who wanted breakfast, which consisted of a couple of waffle makers and dried cereal. There is a very good diner just down the road that will get you a quick breakfast at a decent price.

The room was noisy and I could hear kids running down the hall upstairs. Luckily they calmed down at night, but the soundproofing here is not very good. My bed was way too soft (meaning not supportive), and the pillows were flimsy and also non-supportive. The wireless network at the hotel did not allow my iPad to connect to it.

I don’t think I’d stay here again, nor would I recommend it. There are plenty of other hotels in the area, and I think that even paying a little bit more would have been a good idea in this case. The staff was very friendly, but the hotel itself needs a serious makeover and some better room furniture. This is the second La Quinta I’ve ever stayed at, and the first one was much nicer. I should have looked at the reviews.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Just stayed 2 nights in the this La Quinta hotel. First the good, the beds were very comfortable. The air conditioner worked great. The front desk allowed us early check in at no additional charge. Our rooms were ready about 1 1/2 hours early. The bad........the smell. This hotel is pet friendly. I am not sure if this is the cause of the smell or not, but the hallways have a horrible cat urine stench. This is a very, very strong odor. I notified the front desk when we were leaving that other than the smell we were happy with the room. They advised they knew about the smell and that they had a leak a few weeks ago, and they believed maybe it was seeping through the rugs. Not exactly what kind of a leak they experienced, but the smell was absolutely cat urine smell. The front desk clerk advised that others were also complaining about the smell and that she herself could smell it and unfortunately so could the diners who were trying to enjoy the complementary breakfast. One of my fellow travelers had a mouse in her room while we were in the hotel. And another friend complained about the coffee being extremely poor in the complementary breakfast buffet. I would have to say, I won't be returning to this La Quinta ever again.

Room Tip: There are plenty of other hotels in the area, my advice would be to look elsewhere. Unless of course you are travelling with a cat.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends