“Fabulous Getaway- put this on your BUCKET LIST!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Felicita Golf Resort and Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Harrisburg
Felicita Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Morris Plains, New Jersey
“Fabulous Getaway- put this on your BUCKET LIST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

Words cannot express the wonderful accommodations, treatment by staff and beautiful grounds. We spend time at the pool which was lovely, sat in the hot tub and wandered around the most incredible gardens you will ever see with reflecting ponds, classical gardens, statues. I have told all my friends The staff could not have been more accommodating and concerned for our needs. 5++++ rating! Am not a golfer so cannot comment on golf. The food was fabulous at the Tavern and breakfast and lunch at the resort was wonderful in a gorgeous setting.

1 Thank SusieJoy26

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

Hubby booked a night, dinner and a massage for me for my birthday. First, I have to say I read the reviews here and as I am always one to be prepared, but I also always make up my own mind. Sure, they are not the Hershey Spa or grounds, but they admit to that. They are in the mountains and rustic. The staff were all accommodating and professional, the room was fine, the dinner as my hubby says, "it was the best steak he has ever had", and my massage was wonderful. So, to those that are contemplating a stay here, please experience it and make up your own minds.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Harrisburg PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

Stayed at the Inn here and it was horrible to say the least. Run down, musty smell, old place. I actually could not wait to get home. I can remember back many years ago that this place was THE place to go for company golf outings, banquets, etc. I had been there with my previous company 12 years ago and it was very nice. NOT anymore! It has gone way down hill, the grounds are not kept and as someone posted earlier, it is kinda deserted and not many people there. Had dinner in the steakhouse that was mediocre and that is being kind. Bland crab cakes, bland potatoes.
Overall, terrible Inn, room and food. I will not be recommending this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Trvlgrl06

Travellers are raving about these Harrisburg hotels

Harrisburg, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

Had a recent girlfriend getaway at Felicita. I had been to the spa before, so knew that this is a laid-back (i.e. not super deluxe) spa. This time my friends and I also spent two nights at the Inn. The good: all staff were incredibly accommodating, especially David the manager. My facial and massage were fine. Four of us had terrific dinners at the Tavern, and we all had a great breakfast at the Clubhouse Grille. The grounds, especially the Italian Garden, are beautiful. And, the five of us loved the arrangement at the Inn - we each had an individual room, but we had exclusive use of the living, dining and kitchen areas, which was great to hang out. The not so good: the decor at the Inn is very dated -- especially the flowery bedspreads and wallpaper. The step up into the bathrooms is a middle-of-the-night hazard (how about a night light?). And one of the Tavern dinners was not good - the prime rib was overcooked; when it was brought to our waitress' attention she took the entire plate away and didn't return it for at least 10 minutes. All in all, Felicita is an aceptable value for the very low spa package rate.

philadlephia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

I do not know about the golf here, as we did not play, but the restaurant and spa were very poor quality and unprofessional. My friend and I were there on a Sunday, and the place was deserted. Depressing, creepy. The food was on par with a mediocre diner. We scheduled pedicures for two and it turned out that one woman was doing them both, going back and forth. It took her 21/2 hours to do both. The bathroom facility in the "spa" was more appropriate to a hospital than a spa. The quality was very mediocre and we were charged quite a bit of money. We could not believe that this place stays in business and that anyone would return.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
2 Thank def57
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

The golf course is shamefully overgrown and in horrible condition. The owner of the property knows absolutely nothing about golf and thinks the reason that nobody plays there is because nobody plays golf anymore. The specimen trees and plants all over the course have been planted in ridiculous places and all the plant beds are horribly overgrown with weeds. The fairways are spotty at best.....the rough and fringes are riddled with crab grass......the whole place has a spooky " vibe of decay". It was a crime to be charged 30 bucks to play the dump.

4 Thank chuckb3
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

My boyfriend and I just got back from our trip. It was really nice. The woods are amazing, the gardens are breath taking and the service was even better. David was at the front desk and he really took care of us. He was very nice and friendly so it definitely made the atmosphere even better. The showers by the hot tub were just way too nice to get out of them and the hot tub was huge. The pool is very clean and large as well so everyone had room to swim. Our bed was the most comfortable bed ever. I just could not get over how comfortable it was and how big the king size bed is. No stink bugs in our room either. Not a single one! My boyfriend mentioned how he read reviews here and that one person really bashed the place but the GM replied and took care of issues that that individual person mentioned. It is nice to know the GM actually reads reviews and is not afraid to take criticism. It is so close to the city yet so far away from the noise and busy life. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
Hilton Harrisburg
Staybridge Suites Harrisburg
#12 of 50 in Harrisburg
Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey
Homewood Suites Harrisburg East-Hershey Area

Been to Felicita Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!