Felicita Golf Resort and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Harrisburg)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Just returned from an overnight stay at Felicita. We wanted to go away somewhere close by for our 40th anniversary that didn't break the bank. After reading some of the reviews, I was afraid I had made a mistake by choosing this place. It turned out to be a really nice surprise. The lodges are located half way up a hillside and are nestled into the woods. It was lovely sitting on our private balconies in the trees. The furniture was craftsman style and the king bed was very comfortable. The color combinations of light greens and cherry woods complemented the outdoorsy feel. We did not use the spa, but did notice there is a large fitness room and indoor sauna and hot tub. We played golf and thought although the course does have lots of plantings, the greens and fairways were in OK shape. One area that does need attention is the tee boxes. We dined in the Tavern Steakhouse and had a wonderful meal. Our package entitled us to soup or salad, entree with choice of two vegetable and dessert. My filet mignon was relish as was hubby's strip steak. All in all we enjoyed our short stay and would return. The overnight golf package was a deal at $309.00 for both of us. Oh, and only saw one stinkbug. But hey, we have them at home too, no big deal.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Words cannot express the wonderful accommodations, treatment by staff and beautiful grounds. We spend time at the pool which was lovely, sat in the hot tub and wandered around the most incredible gardens you will ever see with reflecting ponds, classical gardens, statues. I have told all my friends The staff could not have been more accommodating and concerned for our needs. 5++++ rating! Am not a golfer so cannot comment on golf. The food was fabulous at the Tavern and breakfast and lunch at the resort was wonderful in a gorgeous setting.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SusieJoy26
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Hubby booked a night, dinner and a massage for me for my birthday. First, I have to say I read the reviews here and as I am always one to be prepared, but I also always make up my own mind. Sure, they are not the Hershey Spa or grounds, but they admit to that. They are in the mountains and rustic. The staff were all accommodating and professional, the room was fine, the dinner as my hubby says, "it was the best steak he has ever had", and my massage was wonderful. So, to those that are contemplating a stay here, please experience it and make up your own minds.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Stayed at the Inn here and it was horrible to say the least. Run down, musty smell, old place. I actually could not wait to get home. I can remember back many years ago that this place was THE place to go for company golf outings, banquets, etc. I had been there with my previous company 12 years ago and it was very nice. NOT anymore! It has gone way down hill, the grounds are not kept and as someone posted earlier, it is kinda deserted and not many people there. Had dinner in the steakhouse that was mediocre and that is being kind. Bland crab cakes, bland potatoes.
Overall, terrible Inn, room and food. I will not be recommending this place to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Trvlgrl06
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Had a recent girlfriend getaway at Felicita. I had been to the spa before, so knew that this is a laid-back (i.e. not super deluxe) spa. This time my friends and I also spent two nights at the Inn. The good: all staff were incredibly accommodating, especially David the manager. My facial and massage were fine. Four of us had terrific dinners at the Tavern, and we all had a great breakfast at the Clubhouse Grille. The grounds, especially the Italian Garden, are beautiful. And, the five of us loved the arrangement at the Inn - we each had an individual room, but we had exclusive use of the living, dining and kitchen areas, which was great to hang out. The not so good: the decor at the Inn is very dated -- especially the flowery bedspreads and wallpaper. The step up into the bathrooms is a middle-of-the-night hazard (how about a night light?). And one of the Tavern dinners was not good - the prime rib was overcooked; when it was brought to our waitress' attention she took the entire plate away and didn't return it for at least 10 minutes. All in all, Felicita is an aceptable value for the very low spa package rate.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends