“Our own private pool!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Harrisburg B&B and Inns
burlington, NJ
“Our own private pool!”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My husband recently surprised me with a trip to the Inn of the Dove. I was quickly enchanted by the view of the room when I saw that we had a nice sized jacuzzi and a beautiful fireplace (found out later that it was electric which was a little sad). THEN we found the private pool and I fell in love! After we went swimming and tested out the jacuzzi, we headed to the spacious double showers... I felt like they spared no expense when planning this floorplan. I loved it!

There are only a few small issues that caused me to hesitate with giving it a 5:
1.) as noted earlier, the fireplace was electric which took away from the ambiance
2.) the mattress was not comfortable at all
3.) the pool was clean and warm but I felt like a little more could be done in preventative maintenance (cracked walls, rusty ceiling ventilation, and other VERY MINOR things).

The experience was awesome. I recommend the Inn of the Dove for anyone interested in a unique bed and breakfast experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a private pool! Definitely worth the extra money
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
DoveH, Manager at Inn of the Dove, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Dear guest,
Thanks for sharing your reviews about Inn of the dove,Harrisburg.We are pleased to learn that
you had the best experience during your stay in the room with the private indoor pool.
Just for information,all individual cottages have real wood burning fireplace while pool suite
has an electric one.We appreciate all your suggestion and thankful for your recommendation.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Inn of the dove

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My wife and I needed a getaway so we went to the Inn of the dove. It has changed since we were there 3 or 4 years ago seems they have new owners who are very nice people. The price is cheaper and the rooms are better. The rooms were clean and comfy. We had a great relaxing time. We brought our own logs for the fireplace they were the same they sold at the office. They burned well and added to the romantic atmosphere. We really enjoyed the hot tub, the mirrors on the wall and above the bed. It was a romantic and restful time.

DoveH, Manager at Inn of the Dove, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to share your wonderful feed back with us.We are pleased to learn that you
had a great experience during your stay with us.We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Thanking you,
manager
Inn of the dove,Harrisburg
Rutherford, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2013

loved the Jacuzzi

It was my husbands birthday and decided to stay at Inn of the Dove.Dove is a perfect place for romantic stay.We had a standard room and still thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
My room was clean and bed was comfy.I enjoyed whirlpool tub and fire place....of course mirrors on the wall.Plenty of places to eat locally.We had dinner at Olive garden and relaxed ourselves.It is a great place for a special occasion and to get close to each other.I look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
DoveH, Manager at Inn of the Dove, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Dear guest,
Thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay at Inn of the Dove,Harrisburg.We are delighted to know that you enjoyed at Inn of the Dove.We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Inn of the Dove
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 February 2013

My husband and I spent only one night in this hotel and frankly one night was all we needed. The check in was nice and easy. We bought a log from the front desk which is a little pricey, so we tried burning our own wood. However, we found when we burned our own wood there was a weird smell that came from the fireplace. Nothing to crazy or anything that prevented us from having a good time.

We stayed in the basic deluxe suite and you get what you pay for, but the value it was a wonderful room. It served its purpose which was reconnecting with my husband. The whirlpool is great! It can absolutely fit two people without a problem. A word of caution, only use a cap full of bubbles at the most because the jets create a lot themselves. The double shower heads and bench in the shower are great and very relaxing. The room is pretty big for a regular sized hotel room. The mirrors on the ceiling are very useful as well as the mirrors by the whirlpool. Yes it is a corny place to stay because you are able to turn on the tv and watch adult movies, and some of the decorations are outdated, but when going to a place like this you are there to reconnect with your significant other and this is a great place to do it. The value is great for what you get, the time together is wonderful. We will be visiting other Inn of the Dove properties.

Room Tip: The deluxe room is good for the value, check different days because prices change for the same room...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
DoveH, Manager at Inn of the Dove, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Dear guest,
Thanks for taking time to share your wonderful feedback with us.We are delighted to know that you had a very good week end at Inn of the Dove,Harrisburg.We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Inn of the dove
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I went for my anniversary to Inn of the Dove,Harrisburg.All I can say that we had a great time.it was clean and bed was comfortable.
I loved double shower head and jacuzzi was big enough to fit both of us.and ....best part was wood burning fire place.Sitting by the fire
with your loved one is great.
Over all let me tell you.Dove is an excellent choice for that special night away with your loved one.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.We always appreciate feedback from our valued guest.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed at Inn of the dove,Harrisburg.We look forward to
welcoming you back on your next visit.
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Reviewed 28 January 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Dove Beach suite for the weekend and we had a wonderful time! The staff was very nice greeting us and the room was clean, tidy and inviting. The private pool was heated and very clean. We had menus in our room of different restaurants in the area that delivered so we didn't have to leave at all. The stay was very relaxing and it was nice getaway. I would absolutely recommend staying here! Even though it was just an overnight trip I would do it again in a heartbeat. We WILL be coming back for sure!

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to share the details of your recent experience about Inn of the dove,Harrisburg.We are pleased to learn that you had a great experience during your stay with us.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

The room was very spacious, great surprise with the fireplace an everything. Great birthday gift. IT WAS AWESOME. If u want privacy go here. No need for room service or anything, would've stayed longer. Perfect get away, good front desk courtesy and very reasonable prices. We are coming back very soon.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear guest,

Thanks for taking time to share your wonderful feedback with us.The staff and management is delighted to know that you had the best experience at Inn of the dove,Harrisburg.We look forward to welcoming you back.