“Ugh - dirt in the Hot Tub!”
Review of Inn of the Dove

Inn of the Dove
Ranked #3 of 7 Harrisburg B&B and Inns
State College, PA
Reviewed 31 March 2004

Ok. so I was told this was a romantic inn. Romantic? For whom! Room reeked of a mold oder, heat was not up to par. Ok, so there is that hot tub in the corner of the room. Broke out a soda from the mini fridge (no extras charge for that) However, I think the soda was warmer then the room. I tried to get the tub stopper to go down with the side mounted flipper, but it was broken . . . Then I saw I had to reach into the tub - NOT me! A layer of some sort of scum was on the entire bottom of the tub with a ring about 1 inch from the bottom. Like the drain was slow or something. I did not do a hot tub that night, but did spend the night as I got in too late to continue my travels. I got a flippant remard barked back at me in the am when I voiced my concerns. Also, the place has no good lighting to do my makeup! I would not stay here. I wish I would have read the remarks by others prior to my visit to the Hbg. area of PA. There are other places in the area with in room hot tubs, I later found out.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Bloomsburg, PA
Reviewed 29 March 2004

Room appeared clean, but looks are deceiving. Tub was in poor repair and couldn't get hot water for an hour. Plywood surrounded tub, poor appearance. Mold on walls and floor in bathroom and shower areas. Looks like a mold claim waiting to happen. Not worth the money!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hershey, PA
Reviewed 17 March 2004

We received a night at the Inn as a gift from friends. The carpet was covered in soot, there was dirt in the whirlpool, and mold around the swimming pool. There was mysterious black gunk on the mirror above the whirlpool, there was also confetti (left over from the last guests?) around the pool. The pool also looked like it had algae in it. It was absolutely disgusting.

We called the front desk to ask for another room. The assistant manager, Jody, claimed the room was clean because she inspected herself. She came to the room and claimed that the whirlpool, mirror, and pool were just run down and were cleaned the best that they could, however my husband removed the dirt with a piece of toilet paper. Her response was "well, this is what my guests do to my rooms". She was incredibly rude, didn't offer us another room until we asked, and then still wouldn't give us a discount on the second room (which wasn't any better than the first).

We left the hotel with a refund for our friends. It's pretty bad when a room is so disgusting and the management is so rude that you won't even stay there for free.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Allentown, PA
Reviewed 8 March 2004

My Husband surprised me with a night away from the kids ~ what a great time! He told me he had purchased the romance package and I'm so glad he did! There were roses, candlelight and right in front of the fireplace, a private table for two. The dishes were very elegant and the meal was served in our room so we didn't have to go out and wait in line anywhere-we ate dinner in the bathrobes they provided us with for our stay. Definately a must for a couple hungry for some alone time!!!!!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
hanover, pa
Reviewed 4 March 2004

everything was beautiful!! the dinner pkg was delicious and was soooo romantic served in front of the fireplace in our room...

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
columbia pa.
Reviewed 4 February 2004

we went to the dove in harrisburg in jan.2004 and it was awful our hot tub was broke. our one shower didnt work dirty gloves behind our heater vent . light bulbs hanging out of the wall. it was our third time. it was the worst and they never replied to me when i told them.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Marietta, Pa.
Reviewed 3 February 2004

My husband and I were very, very disappointed in our room. We have been guests four times prior to this past weekend, and always thought the place was nice. However, three years can make a differnence. The room was disgusting. The carpets were dirty and stained, as well as the throw rugs. The bathroom floor and all the baseboards were in desperate need of cleaning. You didn't want to get out of the whirlpool and have to walk on the carpets in your bare feet. We won't be back.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member