“my stay”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Binghamton NY
Reviewed 7 November 2013

April 2013, I reserved a King Efficiency Suite at this EL for 5 nights in March 2014, a year in advance. We needed the larger space with a kitchen because we were attending a National dog show with our dog and were staying a longer period. I chose this hotel because it was close to the Farm Show Complex where the event is being held, was pet friendly, had a nice kitchen in the suite and the rate was reasonable at $112.49/night. Thankfully, I was reviewing my reservations last night and visited the hotel's website. I was surprised and very stressed to see that it was no longer pet friendly. Upon calling the hotel, I was told that new management took over in June 2013 and had revised the pet policy to no pets allowed. I asked the clerk to check with management and request that we be grandfathered since I had made the reservations prior to the policy change. She advised that she was not hopeful but would get back to me asap. She called later to say that the manager would make an exception for us, but we could not have the suite - he would allow us to have a room (not a suite) in the back of the hotel (either one king or two beds), next to the highway, and the rate would remain the same as we would pay for a suite,....As a platinum elite member of ChoicePrivileges, I was totally dissatisfied and cancelled the reservation. This is not right - I complained to the ChoicePrivileges guest representative who apologized for the nightmare, but told me there was little they could do because the properties are locally owned and managed. Don't stay here!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank treeturner
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My wife made reservations online for a 2 bedroom suite and when we got here,we got a 1 room 2 queen bed room, tv had a cigarette burn on it that melted the top, tub has black stains in it, the chairs are stained so bad that it looks like someone urinated on the one chair, the edge of the table was peeling off, the trash can fell over when I put an empty water bottle in it and found half a donut when it fell over and the staff was very ignorant to my wife. THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN PERMANENTLY, I THINK THE OWNERS ARE SLUM LORDS TRY TO RUN A HOTEL!! I'll never ever go to an econolodge again!

• Stayed August 2013
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2013

...clerk lied about rates, lied about manager availability, overcharged substantially on advertised rate(double), we paid more than advertised because we arrived later in the afternoon and we were tired and we are choice members. he did NOT want to look up our CHOICE account. very 'SNOTTY' (sorry any about the term)
arrogant ,then gave us ONE room key that did not work, we asked for two .we had to go back to desk to get a new key. we asked for 2 again he tossed them on the counter and sneere and smirked. he treated others with the same attitude.
toilet did not work...period.other guest complained about this also. internet did not work .period ....pool was not clean and not usable. bathroom dirty. cool water in shower all the time.
missing heat lamp bulb, bed had old saggy mattress, lacked and structure organization in staff responsibilities,no management skills. television barely worked. other clients had the same issues and some had tvs that did not work at all. breakfast had typical Choice food. presentation was totally disorganized. host was sweating on the food . SWEATING from his forehead and nose. handling foods with sweaty hands no gloves or tongs.
no refrigeration for foods...eggs, dairy etc. health standards not being met
we, as well as others, sat in lobby for extended periods to use what little slow internet was available.
the complaints and concerns were repeated over and over no matter what time of day at front desk.
THIS IS ACTUALLY THE WORST HOTEL WE HAVE STAYED AT!!! WE ARE TRAVELERS. WE ENDED STAYING AT BEST WESTERN. there is no reason for this.it seems this is the standard for this place and left a bad taste for a lot of customers and us. Thank you for your time.

Room Tip: Think hard and long about this place
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joe k
Singapore
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Old hotel. We just had 2 smalls towels for 4 people. The bathroom was old, need to renovated. The time for the breakfast was until 10 am, and at 10:01, the staff started to close the buffet and at 10:10 am, the staff kick us off the room....so we went back to our room to finish our breakfast. The staff wasn't very nice. We don't recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Garrickou
Boston
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have stayed at many hotels and hostels over the years and I can say that this hotel was awful. The room was dirty. I don't think that it has been updated since it opened. At one point my room was not even made. This came the day after the fact that housekeeping did not leave enough towels in my room. The front desk claimed that housekeeping ran out of towels. Another guest had the same problem. The only good thing I can say about my stay is that it was short. This experience has turned me off of staying at any Econo Lodge in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy H
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Awful, I would sleep in a compact car before staying here again. All I need to rate is the huge hair with follicle under the pillow and the smell of urine on the sofa bed. I don't want to think about it anymore that.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family