Clarion Inn & Suites
US$134
US$228
US$199
Sheraton.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$143
US$132
US$108
Hotels.com
Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$57
Red Roof
All reviewsroom was cleanyogurttv receptionquiet areanot hesitate to stay here againhershey parkan older hoteleggs and sausageincluded breakfasteasy accessbreakfast barfront desk managerpull out sofafridge and microwaveconvenient locationwaffle makerstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed there this weekend for a baseball tournament with my son and it couldn't have been a more horrible experience! When we first checked in it was late at night and we were tired so we just went to sleep. The next morning we has to shower and the bathroom was a mess. Stained towels and mold in the shower but we had an 8 am game so we cleaned up and left. After a long day of games we came back and again were exhausted and just wanted to clean up so my son went to take a shower. My husband at this point sits on the bed and it breaks away from the wall and collapses! We go to the front desk and they move us to an "upgraded" room and I cancelled out study for the next day. We get to this room and it's covered in drywall dust and has tack strips sticking out if the carpet. They also had motion lights that kept going off every time you moved in the bed and that wouldn't stay on for more than 30 seconds in the bathroom! My husband and I had to take turns keeping the lights on while the other one showered! In the am I rep repeatedly asked for a manager and was told by Dina there was nobody available but she gave me a card for the mgr that would be in at 10. Found said mgr in the lobby around 11 and she said she couldn't help me and said she was going to the other property and left! The so called business center had a non working printer so we and other parents couldn't print our boys Hershey park tickets and paid extra for them to be scanned from our phones. They also said on the website they had laundry and that was also non functioning so the parents had to leave and go to a seedy laundromat to wash the boys uniforms as they were playing several games a day and needed to be cleaned daily. I left several messages at the desk and on voicemail for the general manager/owner and I gave still not relieved a call back! DO NOT STAY HERE!! The bed that collapsed looked someone was murdered or gave birth on it due to the horrible blood stains we saw after it fell apart. I feel horrible that my son slept on it even for a night!!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Hjackson132
AGM_PA156, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear HJackson132,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your open and honest feedback about your experience at our hotel over the weekend. I am truly concerned for the issues you experienced on your recent stay, and have addressed them with the appropriate staff. We are still under going renovations, and will improve in time. We are replacing everything in the rooms, to make this hotel a better experience for everyone. Including new bedding. We will have the company who installed the lights come out, and ensure all lighting is functioning properly. I will pass on your concerns and comments to the general manager. Again, thank you kindly for leaving us feedback on your recent stay.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was not a pleasant stay in any way. We were not greeted by Janet at the front desk. She apparently hates her job and did her best to annoy us. She was rude and condescending. It continually amazes me that I'm treated as though THEY are spending THEIR money and not the other way around. Things didn't get better. Our room had a large stain on the rug. The sofa was stained and sagging. No one should sit on it without getting a tetanus shot first. The bathroom door lock was covered over with duct tape on the door side and the plate on the frame would swing around every time the door was opened or closed. Only one light in the bathroom worked. The lamp shades by the bed were torn on the inside creating an interesting pattern when lit. I could go on and on. Yes, this hotel is undergoing renovations. However, these items were not part of the renovations. The air conditioning unit is quite loud, however, we had a room that faced the interstate and the traffic noise was worse. So we ran the air conditioner continually to cover the traffic noise. The breakfast is the standard "hot" breakfast. On a busy Saturday there were no empty tables and almost all of the food was gone by 8 a.m. Replenishment was quite slow and the two employees handling the breakfast looked very frazzled and also apparently dislike their jobs. Never again!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room facing the front of the building.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank retiredandlovinit
AGM_PA156, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent stay. I want to apologize on behalf of my entire team for failing to provide you with excellent customer service. I will definitely speak to my staff in regard to the mentioned issues. We are currently undergoing renovations, and will replace the furniture in the rooms once the shipment arrives. We do apologize for the lack of customer service you experienced, and I will implement a new customer service strategy approach for my staff. Again, thank you kindly for bringing these issues to my attention.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Upon checking In I asked for a King bed. The Clerk said "how about a Queen" I assumed they didn't have a King bed room. We got in the room and it was a standard two queen room with one of the beds missing, there was a big open space where the other bed should have been. The mirror was on the floor. I notified the front desk about the mirror to be sure I wouldn't be charged for damages. She said "oh I guess they haven't finished with the room yet. Later my wife tried to take a bath and the drain plug wouldn't work. I notified the front desk, they gave me a different room. This one had a king bed in it, but the bathtub was peeling. There was no guest laundry, and the pool still had the cover on it in July. The customer office had wires hanging down in front of the computer and printer. I saw a room filled with building supplies. They're still doing renovations to the hotel. They should finish before they rent rooms. Had I booked more then one night I would have cut my visit short. I only paid $77.00 for the room but still feel I was overcharged for what I got.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
3  Thank Lets_go_family

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the hotel. It is true , we are undergoing renovations and hope you do give us another chance once complete. The pool is currently under renovations as well, as we have recently had it removed from our websites. We intend to make this hotel better than before with brand new everything, including moving the pool indoor. I do apologize we fell short on guest satisfaction, and hope to see you once renovations are complete. Thank you again for bringing these matters to my attention.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here during the Farm show event. They are renovating , but if that does not bother you it is a nice location. 3 minute drive to the farm show. We stayed for 8 nights. We were in a partially renovated room, nice new bathroom and beds. The front desk lady told us they were getting all new furniture. Dina was overall very accommodating and was able to help us with directions and local restaurants. Will be excited to return once renovations are complete but nice just the same. Breakfast was actually really good, our kids love the make your own waffles. Overall, we had a nice visit and got some business accomplished.

Room Tip: The pool is not open, other than that ask for the third floor. (rooms are halfway renovated, at least the one we were in)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
AGM_PA156, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your kind words of praise while we are renovating. We are glad you found the breakfast, rooms, and staff pleasing. I will pass on your kind compliments to Dina in regard to your stay. Our staff enjoys going above and beyond for our guests and find it rewarding when guests find our staff to be accommodating. We look forward to seeing you on your next travels through the area.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Needed a clean, safe place near Hershey Park for one night, but didn't want to pay a fortune. And that's exactly what I got.The property is undergoing renovations so the pool was closed. In my room, there were light bulbs in only a few of the fixtures. Hot but no cold water in the sink. Exposed wires near the temperature control unit. However, I did get a very good rate that included a hot breakfast and the bed and pillows were comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
AGM_PA156, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you found our establishment to be clean and safe. We take pride on providing a clean atmosphere for our guests. The outdoor pool will remain closed for the rest of the summer. After renovations, the pool will become an indoor salt water pool. We want to provide a pool all year long, so our guests are able to use it. We do include a hot complimentary breakfast buffet, which includes: potatoes, eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, and plenty more. Our beds are brand new, as well as our linen and pillows. We hope to see you again, on your next travels through the area.

Kind Regards,