“Nice outing”
Review of City Island

City Island
Ranked #7 of 53 things to do in Harrisburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Recreational island with trails for biking and jogging as well as boat rentals, a steam train and miniature golf.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice outing”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

City Island had so many things you could do the last time I was there from baseball games, swimming, boat rides, etc. They have a couple of activities for the kids to play while there also. I would recommend if you are ever in Harrisburg check it out (at least in the spring and summer).

New Cumberland, PA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Nice Place for a Family Outing”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Baseball, miniature golf, riverboat and other activities for families. A nice place for a run, walk or bike, combined with the Walnut Street bridge and Riverfront Park.

Modi'in, Israel
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Take me out to the Ballgame...”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

When my daughter and I were in Harrisburg PA we went to City Island...
a very nice park in the middle of the city on an island on the river...at
night we went to see the Harrisburg Senators AA baseball game...actually
we were VIP guests of the team...I performed a rap about the team on the
field before the game...and the audience and the team were all "with it."
My daughter was assistant bat girl for the Senators and sat in the dugout
with the team...it was way cool and we both had a good time...even if I
hadn't performed, we would've gone there as minor league baseball is a
lot of fun...I highly recommend going to City Island and to a baseball game
if you're in Harrisburg PA. We were actually there in the Summer of 2007,
but this website does not go that far back in its options...

Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not the place to go on a hot day...”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We'd been here years ago for Harrisburg Senators games and to take my then-preschooler daughter on the carousel and the little train. Good memories.

Unfortunately it wasn't the smartest thing to go there on a day that was hot, humid, with blazing sun. The little "shacks" mentioned in a prior review used to be cute little vendor kiosks, and I remember getting ice cream there. Now they're mostly closed. We started to walk out and around the island but it was just too hot. There was a Senators game going on, too, which might have been fun to go to but not in such heat. We turned back and didn't even go the length of the island. Rode the train, just for fun, which seemed shorter than I remembered, but a four year old friend really enjoyed. I think this would still be a fun place on a less brutally hot day. We were a big group, three families, and I'd picked this as a centrally located place to go after we'd met for breakfast.

We didn't pay for parking - did we miss something?
This visit included family (young children), Family (teens) and friends. (site only allows to pick one)

Visited July 2013
McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Most Creepiest Place Ever”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My BF and I went on July 6th 2013 to this place and I was first disgusted about the price for parking which was 5 dollars! Then as we started to walk around there were shacks that were made to look closed down and old, but really they were nasty and creepy looking! There was one open that was selling bottled water, but further down where the restrooms were and the tables it got worse. It looked as though nothing had been cleaned in years. There were spider webs in the corners of everything! The tables were filthy! There were wasps everywhere and the bathrooms were terrible and the same way as the tables! We purchased a ticket to ride the boat to go down the river for 20 dollars! The boat ride wasnt worth 5 dollars! The captain was rude and there were way to many people on the boat! They didnt even go that far down the river..the ride lasted maybe 20 min from take off to return. Rest assured I will not be going back to City Island ever again! Worst vacationing experience ever!

Visited July 2013