“Great Experience, Clean Rooms, Up to Date Rooms!!”

Candlewood Suites Harrisburg
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel over a weekend (2 adults and a Dog). The room was very modern and up to date. Granite counter tops for the kitchen, bathroom was up to date and clean, and comfortable beds. The front desk was very helpful and nice. If you are coming up for business or for a fun time at Hershey Park I would recommend staying here. It's not the closest hotel to the park but the drive is not bad at all (maybe 20 minutes). If I ever venture back up this way I will definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Harrisburg

Reviewed 27 July 2011

The staff was nice, the prices were reasonable, the gym was humble, and the pool and hot tub looked nice. Not far from Hershey and they gave us a good recommendation for breakfast too.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Located in nice quiet suburban area , close to the interstate, close to hershey(15-20 minutes). Hotel is pet friendly so lots of people with dogs but it was quiet & clean. Small indoor pool & Jacuzzi (pool was a bit cold). 2 DBL bed room had full size fridge, 2 burner stove & microwave & dishwasher & basic utensils(4 forks, 4 knives, etc) & a few pots & pans. Had no stove or toaster oven, sign in room stated you could borrow one from front desk but went down there & they said they had none & only had 2 for entire hotel ???
2 DBL bed room was a bit small - just one room , kitchen was decent size but had not table other than one tiny business desk & chair. So even if you cooked in the room, nowhere for more than one person to sit down. No housekeeping but was able to get new towels, washcloths easily at front desk. Staff was helpful & no problems getting towels or anything else needed. Floors had garbage cans at end of hallways to empty trash. Small fitness center with two treadmills, stepper, bike & multipurpose machine. Hotel had free wifi & small computer room with two PCs & printer. So overall decent hotel just rooms were a bit to be useable for having a full kitchen.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel as part of a family reunion group. The hotel itself was nice enough. It was clean and convenient to restaurants, shopping and Hershey Park. This is an extended stay hotel that does not offer daily maid service.
Our party booked the hotel well in advance of our arrival and I even called twice to confirm that I booked two queen beds in my room as we are a family of three. We had driven up from GA so I wanted to be sure that my husband, son and I had appropriate space. Upon checking in AND after giving him my name, showing my ID with my name on it AND providing a credit card that he charged with my name on it I was told that we only had one bed and because they were booked they could not offer me another room. The clerk said he was sorry, but nothing could be done and he went about his business. Our coordinator notified our travel agent who called the clerk as I stood there to straighten the situation out. Apparently he gave me the coordinator's room by mistake because I mentioned her name when I stated that I was in that particular party. While that correction was made they still messed up another member's room causing some of us to have to bunk together.
They initially denied my request for a late check out even though I am part of their Priority Club stating that they couldn't give everyone in our party a late check out which I understood, but everyone in our party was not a part of their Priority Club. Our travel agent worked that out for us as well and we were all granted a late check out.
Aside from those issues it was a nice stay, but I will probably stay elsewhere during our next trip to the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dawnnl
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Our family of 4 stayed here for 3 nights and it was just right for us. Although we didn't spend much time at the hotel, we used the full-size refrigerator, took a dip in the pool and made good use of the free hi-speed internet. I didn't realize until we checked in that the hotel doesn't offer daily maid service, but since I could get fresh towels and linens from the front desk at any time, it didn't matter. Speaking of which, the bed and linens were high quality. The towels were only okay.

We had paid in advance for room with 2 queens, but we were upgraded to a King suite with a pull out bed in the living room. It turned out to be an ideal arrangement for us.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I used to recommend this hotel to people who needed to travel to the Harrisburg (non-downtown area). Now I would say: STAY AWAY. I complained that my tub was not draining and was assured that it would be addressed while I was out the next day. Not done. No manager on duty. Oh and "the maintenance guy quit a week ago". I told them to get an emergency plumber. As assistant manager had magically appeared in my room when I returned from dinner. He was pulling out globs and globs of hair from my tub drain---too gross for words. The front desk also failed to notify me that a gift was delivered. Had I not spoken to the person who sent it, I would have never known or received it. Management refused to return my calls to address my experience.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank AndiPhillyArea
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed here in August of 2010, and while planning my 2011 trip I decided to write my review of this property, First off, I will be returning to this hotel again in Auguast 2011 for our annual family trip to Hershey Park.

I have stayed at other ICHG Hotels (Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaze, Staybridge Suites) but this was my first Candlewood Suites stay. This hotel is very clean, looks very new and provided a very enjoyable and relaxing stay for my son and I. We arrived on a Monday with a 3-night reservation. The staff was very considerate. Indoor Pool and jacuzzi were immaculate and well maintained. Room was spotless. Gym and Laundry faciliates are new and very clean.

Their smal store sells snacks and travel items and offers free coffee which was surprsingly good. No breakfast buffet or restaurant but there is an abundance of local options. Since the rooms are equipped with a kitchen, Im guessing the thought is to cook your own meals or go out. A nice amenity is the outside BBQ area. We purchased burgers and dogs locally and had a cookout one evening that my son still talks about.

The weather interupted our Hershey plans, so I decided to stay an extra day. I was offered a published rate that was higher than my prepaid ratd and after questioning it, the girl at the counter offerd me an equivilant rate for the extra night.

CONS: No restaurant or food service at hotel. Room service is not daily but you can request towels and linens from the staff.

less than 15 minutes to the Park via 22 to 39 and a nice coutnry ride. Might be quicker taking 81 to 39

Room Tip: Advanced purhcase rate through their website was the best rate.
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family