“My family and friends had an excellent time”

Candlewood Suites Harrisburg
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 21 April 2013

While attending this hotel, I was immediately amazed by the amount of hospitality they offered. In particular, Amanda Snyder, the front desk employee, was courteous, kind, and welcoming. Moreover, the overall stay was incredible and we are looking forward to coming back next year. Ultimately, out of the 10 rooms of family and friends attending, we all shared the same thoughts on not only the staff, but the overall quality of the hotel; the suites are spacious and can provide entertainment for an entire family or group of friends. Lastly, if you plan on staying here with children, the pool was as clean as it gets; we took advantage of the grills outside the pool area, and for those adults trying to get away, their is a nice hot tub for you.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to very spacious, clean, and family friendly.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

After staying at this hotel for one night, I was so impressed with the hotel and the service, that I will make it a point to go out of my way to visit here again. The women at the front desk go way beyond being helpful. On a scale of 1 to 10, they get a 15!
The hotel is sparkling clean including the pool and the hot tub.
The hotel has everything you need for a long stay. As I mentioned before, the staff goes way beyond there regular duties and do there best to make you feel welcome.
The room is like a small apartment with all the comforts of home. Being a Priority Club member is a wise choice with hotels like this on there list to stay.

Room Tip: Just let the staff know of your special needs and the staff will go out if there way to accommodate...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I have stayed here multiple times for work...the people are always extremely friendly and the rooms are modern and very clean. It is close to the highway. Downtown Harrisburg is only about 15 minutes away and Hershey is about the same...very centrally located. The nice perks of being a priority club member are great too!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed with Candlewood for two weeks and really enjoyed the stay. They are a pet friendly establishment, which to me, means I could use them in the future for my personal travels. That being said, even with pets, this place is clean! I am really happy that we decided to stay here. The kitchen with everything you would need to keep clean. The cabinet in the front area had a few things I needed so I didn't have to leave the hotel.

One problem that I had were other tenants being loud and inconsiderate to other stayers, which is at no fault to Candlewood. But, I could hear things louder than I would have liked through the walls. Hence the 4 star review.

Overall a great experience.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend in April. We booked the double queen studio. The room was quite large and comfortable.It had a full size refrigerator, microwave, sink, and stove top. The room was clean, and no sign of any bugs.There is a DVD player connected to the TV, which was nice for the kids. The bathroom was also roomy, and most importantly, clean. The gym was fairly large and had a lot of equipment. There is an indoor pool and hot tub, which we didn't get around to using. There is also an outside grill area. This hotel is right off of I-81, which is very convenient. Every store and restaurant that you could think of is about a mile down the road. The area the hotel is in is fairly quiet and safe. Hershey is about 15 minutes away. Overall, a great stay!

1  Thank Deannpg
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stayed at the Candlewood Suites for two nights in April while preparing for a job relocation. The hotel staff was incredibly accommodating. They changed our room from one queen size bed to two queens immediately upon request. Amanda was incredible. She suggested several home rental sites for us to check out. She even phoned her father, a retired realtor, for suggestions. She found a realtor willing to work with us, suggested some good restaurants, and even some tourist spots to check out. Amanda explained the pricing policy when I return to the hotel for an extended stay after I start work, and recommended a bank and a supermarket...even a butcher.
I have never encountered a more helpful manager at any hotel anywhere in the country.

Room Tip: Ask for Amanda.
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The room was nice, clean, and comfortable. The fitness center was all in working order( I left a Holiday Inn Express because the machines were broken down). I do miss the breakfast the Holiday Inns offer as I only stay a couple of nites and don't really use the kitchen. It did have a full refrigerator, stove, microwave which would be great if one was staying awhile. Staff was very accommodating and priority club members get their choice from the snack area.!! :)