“Keep them a secret”

Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Keep them a secret”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

nice thing about these hotels is that they can be pretty empty on weekends(in the winter), as a lot of the weekly stay folks can head home. was traveling with 2 dogs, and they had plenty of room to play after a day of travel. it's also nice having the pantry where you can pick up a snack if you like. only issue i had was a slow bathtub drain.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
candlewoodhburg, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you so much for such a great review! But please don't keep us a secret, we want everyone to know what a great hotel we are!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Herndon, VA
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I needed a room on short-notice and thought I'd try the Candlewood Suites, as it was close to where I wanted to be.

Walking to the elevator on the first floor, I was pleasantly surprised to see a decent size pool and small exercise room. My room was equipped with two beds, a small kitchenette, and a decent sized bathroom. The room was OK, but nothing special, in regard to comfort, size and amenities. My only complaint is that it was easy to hear the people in the adjacent room in the morning. I'm guessing that the walls are not too well insulated or sound-proofed.

If you're looking for an inexpensive hotel located not far from Harrisburg and Hershey, then Candlewood Suites is an option to consider.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
candlewoodhburg, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities for us to improve. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us, and we will utilize this feedback to help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.
Aliquippa
Reviewed 22 November 2013

First got there told I had a smoke free room. Room reeked of cigarette smoke. I was given a new room and the new room had a stale moldy smell. My parents who stayed two doers down room smelled pleasant and had an air freshener. My room did not. Their room came with a bottle of water mine did not. I had two beds in my room only one had a blanket on it and the tool overall was just dingy. The beds are. It comfortable and neither are the pillows. This is the second time I have stayed at this location. The first time they were out of shampoo and this time our room was on the dirty side. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013
candlewoodhburg, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
I am very sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. Our team works very hard to take care of each and everyone of our guests, and I will address your comments with my team. Comments made by you and others are important to our success and they are always used to create a better place to stay.. Please contact me directly at ryan.mcquaide@dellisart.com and I will gladly try to rectify any of the problems that you encountered.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I had a confirmed reservation. After travelling 23 hours by air from Australia... And then driving 6 hours (on the "wrong " side of the road)....from New York... Imagine how shocked and disappointed I was to find upon arriving at 1700hrs to check in .....that my room had been given away... And there was no room for me... I could find my own way down the road to somewhere else.... I guess confirmed has a different definition in the US..... No apology.... No assistance offered... Not impressed !

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris L
candlewoodhburg, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
I am sorry to hear the issues that you had during your stay, and I apologize for the inconvenience you had with your reservation.
Your experience is not reflective of the high standards that we pride ourselves with. We always aim to deliver world class service and with this in mind, your comments will certainly be looked into and improvements will be made where possible. Unfortunately there are rare situations where the hotel can become oversold, and we need to relocate guests to another hotel. In your case we set up a reservation with a nearby hotel and also offered to pay for the stay as the issue was due to no fault of your own. I am terribly sorry that such a situation arose and that we did not live up to your expectations. and I will be personally reaching out to you and your company in hopes of resolving this to your satisfaction.

Ryan McQuaide
Tarentum, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Have stayed at this candlewood for many years while attending the PA Ride Safety Seminar. Property is always very clean and in great condition. Staff is always very cheerful and willing to help. The are one of the few properties that recognize me as a Platinum member at check in and also have a welcome home gift for me.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
We must be doing something to right to keep you coming back every time! We're especially glad to hear you mention the extra effort we put into acknowledging IHG Rewards Platinum members, as we always try our best to make sure you know how special you are! Hope to see you again next year and thanks again for staying with us
Connecticut
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stopped here after 8 hours on the road and found a very pleasant, clean, roomy and nicely decorated suite. On the road the next morning I discovered I left my iPad on the desk in our suite. I immediately called the front desk and stayed on the phone while the receptionist checked our room. A few days later UPS delivered my iPad to my front door. I am eternally grateful for Candlewood Suites and the pleasant and efficient service of their staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank memact
candlewoodhburg, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
We just wanted to say thank you for staying with us here at the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg, and that we're glad we were able to get your ipad back to you ASAP I know I couldn't last long without mine!

Thank You!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We checked in late at 10pm after driving almost 8 hours from Raleigh, NC. The staff was polite and check in was easy even with traveling with our dog. However, when we got to the room one of my daughters commented that one of the beds didn't look clean as there was hair on the sheets. My other daughter sat on the second bed to do homework on her laptop (she is a senior in college). After about 45 minutes she noticed a bug on her shirt. I took it off and then she noticed a second one under her shirt. After freaking out, we pulled the bed linens back and there were multiple bed bugs on the mattress and bed linens!! We called the front desk and informed them of the bed bugs. They offered to switch our rooms but my girls were too freaked out by the bed bugs to stay. We were refunded all our fees and offered 1000 points on our reward card (equivalent of $5.00!). I have to say the front desk clerk apologized profusely, and was shocked we had found bed bugs. We left around midnight and drove the rest of the 8 hours to Boston. It was an extremely long night!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Stacey B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Stacey B,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Dundee, Scotland. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M