“Authentic Arepas in Downtown Harrisburg”
Review of Arepa City - CLOSED

Arepa City
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Colorado Traveler
“Authentic Arepas in Downtown Harrisburg”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Good food. I had no idea what arepas were before eating here, but they made me a fan. The place is a little dive, but the staff is friendly, the food is fresh and good and the price is reasonable. Good, big salads, too. There aren't many vegetarian options in downtown Harrisburg, so I'd definitely go back.

Visited March 2014

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have written a review on this restaurant before and had nothing but good things to say. Since then I don't know what has happened. It is possible that it was an off day-I don't know. I ordered what I always order when I come here and it just didn't taste the same, it tasted old. The Rice and meat my kids had also looked and tasted old. The platanos tasted as if they were fried in old grease and the server was at the counter teasing and cursing at the cook in front of another customer that was sitting at the counter. The atmosphere just wasn't the same. I don't know what has changed but anyone hispanic would have been disappointed at the food. I hope things get back to how they were when they first opened.

• Visited February 2014
Kennett Square
“What a find”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

The local lunch place I usually went to was closed so I dropped in here for a try. Great little ethnic food place. I had the plantains and beef with black beans, delicious!

1 Thank questcarlin
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Small, colorful spot with delicious Arepa's! Went for dinner and got the trio which was enough food. Piña colada milk shake was good too. Made reservations for a group of 5 just to be safe and glad we did. BYOB

State College, Pennsylvania
“Delicious”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Went here with friends and got take out. It was very good and reasonably priced! The interior is very nice as well. I will definitely be going back here :)

• Visited August 2013