“The best Ever”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“The best Ever”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We were staying for 7 days in Harrisburg and it being so long I was concerned about where to stay. I must say this was an "excellent choice." Everything from the cleanliness inside and out to the attentiveness of staff towards the Hotel and the guests were exceptional. One night the guest above us was playing his music extremely loud. I went down and advised the front desk. They immediately went up and I'm not sure what was said we never heard any music after. The clerk apologised and thanked me for advising him immediately. It is true what he said "if we don't know about it we can't fix it". Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Other hotels can certainly learn from this one. It's a 6 star in my book.

Room Tip: mention what type of visitor you are(ie:couple, family with kids). It seemed like they put them on t...
2 Thank Darlene L
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Well thank you for staying with us for an entire week! I am very pleased that you liked our hotel so much. In addition, thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.com. We hope that you decide to visit us again some time in the future.
Erin Lysaght
gm.pa558@choicehotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We booked this hotel reading the comments here at Trip advisor.I have to say, this hotel is the most wonderfully built property around this place. Very aesthetically built, pleasing to the eye and no bad smell at all .Kids loved this place. Me and my husband felt very relaxed. This is a new property.Breakfast was wonderful. Charles,the breakfast guy is awesome..He went out of the way to help me and my younger one.The breakfast time was almost over, when I saw he specially made fresh breakfast for some late arrivals, while he didnot have to.Must stay hotel!!! Seems like the owner/general manager are doing all to keep up their great employees....and
the employees are awesome..

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank goodmom2005
Dear Goodmom2005,
Thank you so very much for your awesome review and visit to our hotel. I am very happy that you are happy and I have shared this review especially with Charles. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff effort. To be quite honest with you; I/we are blessed with an awesome staff. Usually- work doesn't feel like work- especially when we read reviews such as this. These make any & all effort worth while. Thank you again- please find us on facebook and stay in touch!
Erin Lysaght
Williamswood
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This is a newer hotel and it shows. Large rooms, large TV's nice bathrooms. Breakfast was well maintained with a good variety of foods. We could not get the TV to do anything but go to CNN, and we even got new batteries for the remote. We did not call maintenance at it was already 11pm and we had an early flight in the morning. Staff was friendly. Would stay again.

1 Thank oldfriend36
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
We are very sorry you had issues with our TV- our front desk is always here to help! I am going to remind the desk to let people know about the operation of our TV's- there is a black box on the desk to aim your remote control to- to turn the channel. I am so sorry that you had trouble. Next time you would like to visit- please email me directly at gm.pa558@choicehotels.com- so that I may make sure you are upgraded with a discount!
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The hotel was a shocker. It was brand new and very nicely decorated. In addition, it was near the highway and convenient to many local attractions. The staff is very accommodating and the breakfast is well managed.

Room Tip: I had 309 and it was good sized and very luxurious.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rzussman
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor! We are happy that you enjoyed our upgraded two queen bedroom with the walk-in shower! We hope that you will make us your home away from home for your travelling needs!
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This hotel was relativlly new and was spotless. The price was average for a Choice hotel and it was close to the highway. The rooms were fairly large and clean.The girl working the desk that night was very helpful. We would stay there again if we were in Harrisburg again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BooBoo159
Thank you so much for staying with us on your way home! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay! Please stop by for a visit anytime! We look forward to having you are our guest!
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I booked this hotel because it was close to the airport and we were arriving late and I did not want to start out our trip at dark. It was only about 3 or 4 miles from the airport and was easy to find. The hotel was in excellent condition and everyone there was very friendly and helpful. Also, it is a good hotel to stay at if you are going to Hershey, PA.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your recent visit! Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on tripadvisor! We really appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again!
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My husband, 2 kids and I stopped here on our way home from Canada. We chose this hotel based on other TA reviews and the price. The hotel is very clean and modern (I'm a sucker for clean lines). We arrived at almost 10PM. After being cooped in the car for over 6 hours, our kids were eager to release some energy in the pool. There were a couple of unsupervised kids in the pool that were quite rude and even kicked one of my kids. It forced us out of the pool. When we informed the very kind night manager, she took care of the situation immediately and was really nice about it. She also made a great recommendation for pizza delivery. We were given a late check out which was 1PM. We were very grateful for this as my kids got a little more pool time. The bed was a little hard for my taste, but that's just my personal preference. The hot breakfast was very good. This is a great hotel in a very nice area surrounded by restaurants and close to a mall. My only small complaint is that there was some maintenance going on in our area and it was really loud. The housekeeping crew was pretty loud as well. They were yelling and slamming doors. If we are ever in the Harrisburg/Hershey area again, we would choose to stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent stay and review on tripadvisor.com! We really appreciate your comments and have used them for some advice in our housekeeping department. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to our area!