“Gourmet Asian Food”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This restaurant is a fabulous place to go to if you have a group of people who love Asian food but are unsure that type they like. The menu is varied with Thai, Chinese, Japenese and Vietnamese choices. Everyone will be happy. The atmosphere is lovely and would be a great place to go for an intimate dinner for two or a group. The tables and booths are spaced perfectly to have private conversations. The food is delicious. Our group had specialty sushi rolls, a dish called The Seafood Birds Nest which has a dramatic look and seafood that was perfectly cooked, sea bass and an array of appetizers. Every dish was perpared to perfection and the presentation of the food on the plate was quite special. They even have lovely flowers as garnish! There is a large sushi bar and a full service bar for drinks. It is about 15 minutes from downtown Harrisburg and near lnterstate 83 which makes it easy to get to. I highly recommend you try this restaurant out! They have sushi specials on Sunday night-I think rolls are half price. The service was excellent. Very attentive to everyone.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Great food-great price-no extra charge for room delivery-excellent egg rolls-what more could you want.

Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

Harrisburg is notorious for lacking good Chinese food. I've lived here almost a year, and this place is the ONLY place I've found with good (not great) Chinese food.

Ordered takeout. Wonton soup and egg rolls are terrific! Kung pao chicken is very good, but not great. I enjoyed it, and again, for Harrisburg, it was AWESOME! Sweet and spicy chicken was also good.

Shrimp with mixed vegetables was good. Generous sized shrimp cooked perfectly, with a great sauce. Rice cooked to perfection.

$27 for everything (lunch portions) isn't bad.

Great atmosphere in this place! Wished I had stayed. Honorary letter signed by Fast Eddie Rendell (yuck) inside the door. But I won't hold that against this place. It's the best Chinese I've yet found in Harrisburg...the worst selection of Chinese restaurants of any city I've experienced.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Although the restaurant was half full, no one was at the hostess stand to greet patrons. After waiting 4-5 minutes, I was seated. After 10-15 minutes, I was brought a menu. I observed 8-10 wait staff, but none were assisting cuztomers in my area. Service, once it arives is hit or miss.

The food is prepared well.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

I've always had great food and service at Asian Bistro, I usually try something different on every occasion and I've never been disappointed. I highly recommend.