“Best Asian Food in Harrisburg”

Empire Asian Bistro
Ranked #88 of 535 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Sushi, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Best Asian Food in Harrisburg”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Empire Asian Bistro is my favorite Asian food restaurant in Harrisburg. I've eaten there many many times and do take-out as well. If you're dining in, the atmosphere is lovely and comfortable. The food is well prepared and delicious. I've never eaten anything there that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. I especially like the coconut sushi roll, although I most often order chicken or shrimp with vegetables, steamed rather than stir fry, just to cut down on calories. Their crab rangoon is awesome; they even have the best fried noodles in town. My husband and I often pick a place to order for take-out based on small things like the fried noodles or the egg rolls. In summary, Empire Asian Bistro is overall wonderful.

• Visited October 2013

“Surprising Delightful”
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

I have been through this area many times and avoided it. My judgement was because it looks like a commercial corporate restaurant as it is surrounded by that type. Looks deceived me and I apologize for my narrow view. The rolls are very good. The vegetarian selection is great. Presentation great. Service very nice. My friend had the miso covered salmon and I had envy. I will return when we are here again in a week.

• Visited September 2013
Bridgeport
“Good food!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

I was unsure BC of some of the reviews - but the service was great and I thought the food was tasty. The wonton soup was light / kids had chicken fried rice a lo Mein which was great also. We went on a Monday so the place was kinda empty - but overall great !

• Visited July 2013
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Varied lunch menu and reasonable prices”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We entered the restaurant at Noon and the place was empty. The menu is large, with a good variety of items. The sushi was made to order, fresh, and served wih the typical ginger. The Pad Thia was ok, but not outstanding. Our server was very attentive, but even when we left there were very few patrons and it was lunch. The prices seem reasonable and both dishes were better than many of the typical all you can eat buffets that seem to be on every corner in our area.

I'd return for a healthier choice than fast food and more reasonably priced than the chain steak places within a mile of Empire Asian Bistro. The service was prompt and you can make it back to work during a lunch break.

• Visited June 2013
Harrisburg, PA
“What happened to this place?”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is my second review, the first one was glowing. I guess when you start drawing more business you stop paying attention to quality. Was so glad to have an awesome Asian restaurant that wasn't a buffet nearby. As I said, the food and service was always top notch. I have been there 3 times in the past month and now im done. Food, same thing Ive had before, was tasteless and lacking anything like the original - just simple thai basil chicken. So I tried red curry chicken or something like that and it tasted exactly like the last thing. The kicker was the spicy chicken - tasted just like the first 2 - like nothing! Steamed wontons would be good if they were at least warm. The crispy fried noodles they give you when you sit down are no longer fresh tasting. The service is still fine but the food stinks now. And the booths are wearing out to a point we had to sit in a hole on two different occasions. Very disappointed as this place was once the spot to eat Asian.

• Visited May 2013