“Clean hotel, and the price fit our budget”

Comfort Inn Harrisburg
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Hicksville
“Clean hotel, and the price fit our budget”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My family of 2 adults and 3 children stayed here for 3 nights in August. This was a Hershey Park trip. Hotels closest to the park were out of our budget,but this hotel was approximately 20 minutes away. They have an outdoor pool which the kids took advantage of our first day. This hotel sits on a main road and nothing is within walking distance-or it's too dangerous. The free breakfast area that they provide is standard-waffles, eggs, juices, bagels, toast. The area was small, so the key was to get there early since the line was long to make waffles and very crowded. Most of the guests seem to be going to the same place, so we must have all hit it at the same time.
The hotel is 2 stories with no elevator. We had to carry our luggage up the short, wide staircase and open the door at the top. Room was standard-2 queen beds. Everything worked fine and we even had a view of the pool. The room had a refrigerator as well as a small coffee maker and microwave. It did not have an in-room safe.
Since we had a Choice Privledges card, and advanced booked with no refund, we got a great rate.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a card associated with the hotel chain
1 Thank LongIslandMom3girls

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Hebrew first
Glendale, New York
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We stayed at this property from August 22 - August 26, 2011, while visiting Hershey. We had a double queen which was very clean and updated. Flat screen tv, micro, fridge and coffee maker nice desk and chair. Good Wifi. The continental breakfast was standard with fresh waffles, but a line to make your own waffle. The website does not show a picture of the outdoor pool, which I think is a negative on selling the hotel. The pool was simple, but a nice size and very clean with a few tables and chairs. There is a laundry room with one washer and dryer and vending machines. Staff was fine, nothing bad or outstanding to say about them. Housekeeping did a good job cleaning our room everyday. The property is about 15 min from Hershey. I did take a look a the king suite which was very spacious and updated as well. One problem was they are in the process of building an elevator so we had to walk to the second floor with our luggage.

1 Thank salisa929
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stayed here 4 nights total on two different trips. Nothing extravagant, but very clean with a reasonable complimentary breakfast with sausage, waffles, yogurt, juice, etc (skip the eggs). Friendly staff, convenient location with fridge and microwave.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank davidtbarr
Sugar Loaf NY
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Everything was perfect. The staff is incredibly nice and helpful. The rooms are updated and very clean. There was a flat screen tv, microwave, and refrigerator in our room. The beds were comfortable. The hotel was quiet, not noisy in the hallways at night. The pool was great! Large, clean, and great to cool off in after a hot day. It does close at dusk so if you stay late at the park you will not get in the pool. The breakfast was very good. Limited seating but we did get a table on both mornings. Plenty of food to choose from. Bagels, muffins, make your own waffles, cereal, fruit, drinks, tea, coffee, eggs, bacon or sausage. Everyone that worked at this hotel was very nice. Only 10-15 minute drive to Hershey Park. We will certainly stay here again in the future!

1 Thank himoc918
NYC, NY
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I have nice things to say about this property,,,we stayed here once before when it was Holiday Inn,,,the staff was the same,, friendly,,, professional,,the faciliities were clean, well maintained...the common areas, were spacious pleasant,,we had a suite,,,our girls had their own space (7 year old and 1 year old) with their own flat screen tv,,,,while my husband and I were able to have our own space as well. We traveled with a total of 10 ppl....and we booked three rooms..The other two rooms were adjoining and right across the hall from our suite. The rooms were clean, non-smoking as we requested...all on the first floor to accomadate my father in law (Senior, with arthritic leg) and sister in law (with a 20 month old and stroller) The only suggestion i would have is that the breakfast 'nook' is rather small and perhaps needs to be extended with more seating. We played musical chairs (sort of) when trying to have seating for all of us for breakfast. We all enjoyed the property, the pool was a nice size in the back of the property, private, with shady trees, very nice....I will return in the future when we visit Hershey Park. The property is within minutes to the Hershey Park,,,and is located close to restaurants, and mall nearby...

Room Tip: Ask for special accomadations in advance if needed....no lifeguard at the pool...bring floaties for...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Hartford
Reviewed 21 July 2011

A few days ago, I was driving North on I-81 through Harrisburg when I developed severe car trouble, and was forced to take the first hotel I could get my car to. I ended up at this property, though I had a bit of initial confusion, as it is still listed on Google maps as a Holiday Inn (which apparently it was until fairly recently) - this created a bit of trouble even for the two truck the next day. This conversion from a Holiday Inn to a Comfort Inn turned out to be a blessing in disguise, since the rooms have undergone a total renovation, and you can tell - new furniture, new beds, new bath fixtures, etc. As a business person, had I needed a place to stay in the Harrisburg/Hershey area, I would find this place great. As it was, my car was repaired earlier than expected, and the staff at the front desk were extremely helpful on checking out early as well. The proximity to the interstates and the area cities is a great plus, and my take was the renovations have really turned this place around, and the staff will do whatever they can to help you.

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank VW100
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn, Harrisburg for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised. This hotel was chosen by my employer but I have to say I was impressed, as a professional in the hospitality industry. The staff was small, yet their attentiveness was outstanding. The breakfast attendant was always smiling and never hesitated to greet you in the morning. The rooms were comfortable, clean and quite, which I consider the key necessities in any hotel. I traveled with a colleague and the kicker was when the taxi we ordered was taking too long and delaying us for our meeting, the general manager, Jeff Witmer said "cancel the taxi, let me move some things around in my car." A minute later, he pulled up outside of the hotel and personally drove us to our meeting. Outstanding service! I encourage anyone reading this review to choose the Comfort Inn, Harrisburg for their accommodation needs when in the Harrisburg, PA area. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business