All reviewscomfort innfirst floormake a u turnwaffleshershey parkoutdoor poolroom was cleantwo queen bedsgood sizewould stay here againchoice hotelsflat screen tveach morningstayed one nightfree breakfastcheck in was easywe've stayed
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This one is average, we had to look for it because there was a big Comfort Suite sign by the Quality Inn, so we had to go a little further down the road to find it. The bed is comfortable. It appears to have perhaps been renovated at some point. The tub looks as if it needed replacing, it also needed some attention. There were 3 hairs in and around ours, and the tub was stopped up so you had to stand in water, and no the stopper was not closed. It was very pricey for the type of hotel it was. Our air condition was not left on so it took about 3 hours for it to catch up. It is an ok place to stay, but again the night we stayed it was pricey.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Barbara K, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our property. You are correct the sign placement can be deceiving, I am sorry you experienced difficulty in locating us. I don't recall seeing a maintenance slip on your room, if you could take a few moments to contact the hotel so we can look into the drain problem more thoroughly. Again, thank you for your time. I hope you give us another try.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Well first off we had kids and a ton of kids running up and down the hallways, yelling, screaming, banging on the walls from 7pm until the late late into the morning! Called the front desk and the boy sounded none quipped to handle the children. Called several times more to the front desk but really wasted my breath. Next morning I got a refund for my stay and went on my merry way. OHHHH BUT WAIT even though I paid advanced purchase for my room each day after I left I continued to get a charge of 96 dollars for the next 3 days!! I had to freeze my account and it took 1 week to get it fixed! The hotel claimed they weren't the ones doing it even though each day it said harrisburg pa comfortinn on my account. I would avoid this hotel like the plague it's not worth the overall headache.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Barbara K, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

We appreciate your feedback. With our location close to Hershey Park, we do host several sports teams and other events throughout the summer. I am sorry for your experience. We were happy to refund the nonrefundable rate and apply extra points to your account. When you provide a credit card at check in for things such as incidentals, banks do authorize funds to be held. Hotels have no real control over what they hold, how much they hold or for how long they hold the funds. We can and did work with your bank to ensure that we were not holding any funds from your account. Again, I am truly sorry for your experience and that we could not satisfy you after taking all the steps that we did. I hope that you will still give the Choice Brand of hotels a try on your next trip.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We booked 2 rooms for a weekend trip to Hershey, which is only about 10 mins away. We chose this hotel for location, price and reviews on Tripadvisor. We arrived a little over an hour before check in time and both rooms were not ready. At check in time 1 room was ready and had to wait another 45 mins for the 2nd. Both were good sized rooms with a fridge and microwave. Housekeeping should have delayed us another 15-20 mins to actually clean the rooms. Both had the floors filthy, garbage under one of the beds, microwaves disgustingly left with old food both inside and out. We bought clorox cleaning wipes and wiped down both rooms, leaving most of the used wipes black with dirt. The bedsheets were clean and fresh but the padding underneath was stained and dirty with hairs. Various pieces of food crumbs were found between the bed and nightstands. If the hotel was extremely busy, it is still no excuse for having dirty rooms, especiall by how long and how late it was it took to prepare them. We pay good money, we dont expect the taj mahal, but a clean room would be nice.
Breakfast selection was usual standard hotel fare, eating area way too small but the staff here were excellent to keep food stocked, the area clean and even offering us a tray to take food back to our room because all the tables were used up.
We did not use the pool area.
Front desk staff told us the hotel was booked up completely but funny how the parking lot was less then half full each night. The only time the front desk was helpful to us, we had an emergency and had to to get a hospital and gave us directions to 3 in the area.
If we come back to the area we will be looking for another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
BKS4242, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We certainly appreciate the feedback. I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations. Our front desk agent remembers giving you directions, and hopes that everything worked out for you and your family. Please call the hotel directly.

Barbara Kozak-Sellers

Reviewed 8 July 2013

While it was nice to stay a little apart from the central Hershey Park hub of activity, and it was convenient to stay on a road with a lot of commercial stores and shops (Giant grocery store, Starbucks, etc.), there were cons. It is very difficult to access this hotel because of the median. The U-turn from the opposite side of the road, and the merging traffic from the cross street make the access somewhat hazardous. The rooms are quite basic, and during peak summer days, the place is really packed (don't try to eat the free breakfast after early morning times).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We certainly appreciate the feedback. We do have rooms are that a bit larger than the average hotel room, which is always a plus when traveling with a family which is why we are such a popular hotel with families visiting Hershey Park and you are correct the breakfast area does get a bit busy at times, but we are committed to making sure that everyone leaves with a hot breakfast. We are happy you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Barbara Kozak-Sellers

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Stayed here as a part of a group event that was booked at this location because of the reasonable value for the area. The room was very spacious and clean, including a microwave and fridge.
I found the bed a bit hard for my preference,but those who prefer firm mattresses will sleep well. The air conditioning system was noisy, so turning it off ensured a restful sleep. Since we stayed during a holiday week, the breakfast room was likely more crowded than at other times. The breakfast itself was adequate, and well stocked. This property looked to be popular with families and has an outdoor pool. Other amenities included free WiFi and computer available in public area.
Very convenient to Hershey Park and other area attractions.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends