“Great stay promising location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Harrisburg

Comfort Inn Harrisburg
Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Cumberland, Rhode Island
“Great stay promising location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We were a little nervous from reading reviews but when we checked in we were pleasantly surprised. We somehow ended up with the King Suite! Which was enormous. Only thing was the room was right across from the ice machine and there was a family full of small boys staying down the hall and the boys were running around playing with the ice machine until past 11pm! I did open the door to look for an adult which was no where in site so I then called the front desk to have someone come tell them to calm down which they did. The hotel was in a great location, close to Hershey and easy to take a day trip to Gettysburg. Also there are several dining options down the road which was nice. The hotel did include breakfast but if you want first pick you need to go early!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear SkateGirl314,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are especially glad you had a good stay and were able to enjoy the upgrade. I am sorry that you had the pitter patter of not so little feet running the hallway. However in all seriousness thank you for calling that to our attention, I am sure you were not the only ones who were feeling the same way. We hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

B.~

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Hebrew first
toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

The tables at the pool area and hallways needed lots of cleaning and carpet on stairway needs carpet cleaning

If you look at management response to issues they only respond to positive not negative, has to tell you they are not interested in improving hotel

There are looks of other hotels in area at same price and better condition

Really think about booking before you do

Enjoy your Harrisburg vacation/stay

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking pool, not into other building for lightness if your ok with unkempt hotel
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
I am sorry to hear that you didn't catch us at our best with concern to the hallways being messy. That is not typical of this hotel as we vacuum the halls twice a day. However, with the amount of families that we host, it can get away from us, I am sorry you experienced that. With that being said, I do take issue with saying I do not care. I have responded to every review good, bad or otherwise since I came to this hotel. I do care very much for this property and this industry as a whole as does my entire staff. If you have specific issues or concern about your accommodations, please contact me at gm.pa267@choicehotels.com so we can resolve them.
Windsor Mill, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We booked this hotel for the same reason that most people do, to go to Hershey Park. The Hotel is very small but does not lack in amenities and comfort. It was just what we needed for a quick trip to Hershey Park. Clean, friendly and let's not forget breakfast!!!

1 Thank Dunmeyers
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Dunmeyers,
Thank you for much for the kind words. I had to laugh at the title of your review. That sums us up perfectly. We are not a big box hotel for sure, but we try to make up for it by providing a home away from home for our Hershey guests. Even though we are not a big hotel, we love having bigger than average rooms; giving everyone a chance to have a little space to themselves which we all know is tough when traveling with a family. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Again, thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review us. Until next time……..

Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We just spent 3 nights here on our Hershey vacation. The rooms were very clean and nice size for the 4 of us. We had room 111 on the main floor. The check in was fast and the girl at the desk was super nice. The breakfast was great and had good choices each day. We went down by 8am each day and had no problem getting a table. Our cleaning lady and her daughter that worked the breakfast area were the best. Miss you girls! We would stay at this place again in a heartbeat. Loved it!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
We appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Gabbie and Reggie who were working the breakfast while you were here. One thing I am most proud of is the teamwork our staff displays and how everyone works hard to put the guest first. I am glad you found the breakfast enjoyable, the chocolate waffles are a big hit; I hope you got to try them. If you didn't that is ok; you can the next time you are in town.

Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed two nights during our Hershey Park vacation. The rooms were spotless and very spacious. The beds were comfortable and the staff was very attentive and courteous. The breakfast, although crowded, was very good. No complaints whatsoever. This is a fine property to stay at and I would return again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel. Thank you for your kind words, they are certainly appreciated. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff. We strive to make every stay for every guest a great one. I am so very glad you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Yours in Hospitality
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband and I had planned our vacation to PA a few months ago. We chose this hotel as the maps said it was within 20 min drive to Gettysburg. We had arrived, very early in the afternoon after 13 hours of driving. My first issue and really only one, was the ability or lack thereof to get into the hotel. In this part of the town there are no left turns so you do have to make other concessions on entry. ( not that big of a deal, weird maybe but no biggie). As I stated we arrived way before the check in time, and just hoped by chance we would be able to at least get our room early. This was going to be a problem I thought as it looked quite busy when we arrived. To my great surprise, there was not a problem getting us a room right away knowing how tired we were.
I have a hard time walking and thought there would not be an elevator there, but thank goodness there was. We were welcomed very nicely, and I am sorry I do not remember the gentleman's name who checked us in.
Our room, was pleasantly cool, and for the most part clean. The size of the room was great! I always check our beds when travelling for fear of critters, and the sheets were clean, I do feel the mattress pads should be replaced, as they were a little stained. There is a good sized fridge, the view was of the pool, and right around the corner from the ice machine.
The big problem I had, and this is with all hotels, is that the ventilation fan in the bathroom was caked with dirt and dust. ( I really cannot understand why these are left unattended for months obviously). Other than that the room was impeccable.
The choices for tv was not good at all, and if there are children, I would suggest bring movies with a laptop.
The breakfast, which is complimentary with your room, is better than a lot of restaurants. Although the area is small, we were forewarned, that if we wanted to have a breakfast without having to feel crammed, to come a bit earlier, as this specific hotel does cater to a lot of families with children. I am sorry I can't remember the ladies name, ( petite blonde, funny lady) she was fabulous with making sure we had everything we needed. She kept everything neat, clean, and filled as breakfast in this hotel can get crazy.
We were staying for 3 days and thought we wanted to stay another couple there, but unfortunately they were completely booked, but they did arrange for us to stay at the other Comfort INN in Downtown Harrisburg.
For my husband and I, who had never travelled to this area ever, we were very comfortable with the attractions that were provided for us.
The pool was warm, and clean, and towels were provided at poolside.
We were sad to leave this hotel, as the staff was great, friendly and very helpful.
We will be returning to this hotel again, if we return to the area.
We will be staying at the Choice Brand of hotels from now on.
Thanks for making our stay a fun one. I am sad we did not get the picture that I was going to take with staff.
We were then checked out and ready to travel to our other Comfort Inn @ the riverfront. Review to that one is next.
Thanks again we enjoyed our first vacation and had a very comfortable nights stay after long days of walking.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and thank you for the kind words. I will be sure to pass them along to the staff involved. Sean and Cheryl will be happy to know you remembered them. You are correct it can be tricky getting around on this end of town, thankfully there are lots of places to make a legal u-turns. I am sorry we were not able to keep you the extra days, but I am glad you had a good experience at the Riverfront property. Look us up the next time you are in the area. I know Gettysburg doesn't celebrate the 150 anniversary every year, but we hope you come back through so we can visit again.
Harding, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

AWESOME!!!!! That is what best describes our stay at this wonderful hotel. Before booking this hotel I did read the comments and found them very helpful, I see the recent ones seem to be negative which is a surprise. I am very very hard to please when it comes to hotels. My main concern is the cleanliness and I must say Wanda does an awesome job! Upon arrival Nicole greeted us like we had been friends forever. Our room was ready when promised,very clean, spacious and the beds very clean and comfortable. Yes the breakfast area is small, but there is plenty to choice from. Waffles, eggs, toast, bagels, cereal, fruit yogurt, muffins. juice, tea coffee, milk, not sure what else you would need. Cheryl kept the are clean and was gracious. This hotel does have an outdoor pool, we didn't use it but it looked nice. The price was very good considering the time of the year. My friend and I were there to see Joyce Meyer at the Giant Center and it was about 15 minutes away. Yes, you do have to make a u-turn, but really no big deal!!!! Would we stay again? Absolutely!!!!!! To Nicole, Wanda and Cheryl see you guys next year when we come to see Joyce Meyer and thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to review your stay. We loved having you here (as well as all the other Joyce Meyers attendees). It was our pleasure to serve you. Thank you for the kind words, I have already posted your review on our wall of fame and have given copies to Nicole, Wanda and Cheryl. We will be on the look out for you next year.