“Could be better could be worse”

Comfort Inn Harrisburg
Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Pittsburgh
“Could be better could be worse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We recently stayed here for a 3 day weekend. Its location was perfect. It was about a fifteen minute drive to the stadium where we were going for the rv show. I did not mind the drive at all. It was very easy to navigate. The rooms were surprisingly large. I expected much smaller. It did have a strange smell but nothing that actually bothered any of us. Breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast. Cereal and other basic. Dining room was definitely small and cramped but most people ate and left immediately to free up space. In conclusion it is very well worth it to stay here. If we had stayed in Hershey the bill would have been much higher.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Nicole N, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
We were pleased to have you as our guests and hope to have you visit again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Hebrew first
New Egypt, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

My children and grandchildren ( 11 ) of us stayed here while we were visiting Hershey Park and Chocolate World. What a clean, inviting hotel. Staff was very sweet especially Casey who took care of our reservation over the phone a few weeks prior and was on duty at check in. My family enjoyed the spacious rooms and the breakfast that was offered each morning. We will def. be staying here again on our next visit to this area !!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
We can't wait to visit with you again on your next family vacation!
Rome, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

My daughter and I make a trip to Hershey Park every year, this was our 3rd time staying at this property. I like staying here for the convenience of location, proximity to stores, and definitely this time for the way the Manager Barbara went out of her way! I had already pre paid the hotel because of the great rate and I had an issue before traveling, Barbara went out of her way to help me with a situation that came up. I liked the way she answered the phone and how personable she was. With that being said, I was satisfied with our room, which are pretty much the largest rooms in the area, the breakfast area a little small, but we just got our breakfast and went to our room to enjoy it, the room was cleaned nicely, internet worked fine, the pool was clean and has a great area around it to enjoy sitting. The only thing I would prepare anyone for is do not stay in a room on second floor near the doors to the stairs to the front desk, they slam every time someone goes through them, which was very often while we were there! Overall, this is my "go to" hotel for each trip to the area of Hershey/Harrisburg!

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the ice maker or if on second floor NOT near the doors to the front stairs...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Hey There! Thank you so much for the kind words - you are making me blush though. It was our pleasure to be able to help you. As I told you before, there isn't much we can't do without some notice and flexibility. I am just glad all worked out for you We enjoyed seeing you again. I personally enjoyed meeting you and getting to chat. See you next year!

Yours in hospitality,
Cumberland, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We were a little nervous from reading reviews but when we checked in we were pleasantly surprised. We somehow ended up with the King Suite! Which was enormous. Only thing was the room was right across from the ice machine and there was a family full of small boys staying down the hall and the boys were running around playing with the ice machine until past 11pm! I did open the door to look for an adult which was no where in site so I then called the front desk to have someone come tell them to calm down which they did. The hotel was in a great location, close to Hershey and easy to take a day trip to Gettysburg. Also there are several dining options down the road which was nice. The hotel did include breakfast but if you want first pick you need to go early!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear SkateGirl314,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are especially glad you had a good stay and were able to enjoy the upgrade. I am sorry that you had the pitter patter of not so little feet running the hallway. However in all seriousness thank you for calling that to our attention, I am sure you were not the only ones who were feeling the same way. We hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

The tables at the pool area and hallways needed lots of cleaning and carpet on stairway needs carpet cleaning

If you look at management response to issues they only respond to positive not negative, has to tell you they are not interested in improving hotel

There are looks of other hotels in area at same price and better condition

Really think about booking before you do

Enjoy your Harrisburg vacation/stay

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking pool, not into other building for lightness if your ok with unkempt hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
I am sorry to hear that you didn't catch us at our best with concern to the hallways being messy. That is not typical of this hotel as we vacuum the halls twice a day. However, with the amount of families that we host, it can get away from us, I am sorry you experienced that. With that being said, I do take issue with saying I do not care. I have responded to every review good, bad or otherwise since I came to this hotel. I do care very much for this property and this industry as a whole as does my entire staff. If you have specific issues or concern about your accommodations, please contact me at gm.pa267@choicehotels.com so we can resolve them.
Windsor Mill, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We booked this hotel for the same reason that most people do, to go to Hershey Park. The Hotel is very small but does not lack in amenities and comfort. It was just what we needed for a quick trip to Hershey Park. Clean, friendly and let's not forget breakfast!!!

1 Thank Dunmeyers
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Dunmeyers,
Thank you for much for the kind words. I had to laugh at the title of your review. That sums us up perfectly. We are not a big box hotel for sure, but we try to make up for it by providing a home away from home for our Hershey guests. Even though we are not a big hotel, we love having bigger than average rooms; giving everyone a chance to have a little space to themselves which we all know is tough when traveling with a family. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Again, thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review us. Until next time……..

Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We just spent 3 nights here on our Hershey vacation. The rooms were very clean and nice size for the 4 of us. We had room 111 on the main floor. The check in was fast and the girl at the desk was super nice. The breakfast was great and had good choices each day. We went down by 8am each day and had no problem getting a table. Our cleaning lady and her daughter that worked the breakfast area were the best. Miss you girls! We would stay at this place again in a heartbeat. Loved it!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
We appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Gabbie and Reggie who were working the breakfast while you were here. One thing I am most proud of is the teamwork our staff displays and how everyone works hard to put the guest first. I am glad you found the breakfast enjoyable, the chocolate waffles are a big hit; I hope you got to try them. If you didn't that is ok; you can the next time you are in town.