“Excellent room!”

Comfort Inn Harrisburg
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I had a king room and it was huge and well decorated. The heat work well and the bathroom was large.
Check in was easy and the person at the counter was very helpful for restaurant info.

Breakfast was ok. Coffee was a bit weak but its free. (Starbucks is down the road if you need the real thing!

Very clean and modern. Many places to eat and shop nearby.

Room Tip: Get a king room!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Nicole N, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Kenneth,

Kind Regards,

Nicole Nowland
Comfort Inn Harrisburg

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Harrisburg

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We have actually stayed at this property several times now, the first time was actually for several weeks as we were relocating to the area and then a couple of different times as we were having work done on our new home. I cannot say enough good things about the property and the people working there. It is a very nice hotel, a true 3 star, all of the rooms and the property are in excellent condition, well maintained and clean! The staff, from the manager to the desk people to the cleaning staff are all wonderful, everyone is friendly and helpful, they will go out of their way to take care of you or whatever it is that you need. We have stayed in hundreds of hotels all over the country and I have to say that the staff here are my favorite, they make you feel welcome, do anything that they can for you and have no problem going out of the way to make sure that your needs are met or requests are filled. If you are coming to the area, Harrisburg, Hershey etc, stay here, you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Nicole N, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Your wonderful feedback has been shared with all of our staff! It was a pleasure having you folks stay with us while you transitioned into your new home. Best wishes for the future and please do not hesitate to stop in if we could ever be of assistance. Happy Holidays from the staff here at the Comfort Inn!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2013

we were heading home to Florida in our RV when a tire blew and we were towed to a repair facility in Harrisburg. we needed to quickly find someplace to stay while we waited to see how long we would be stuck there. we tried a few places with no luck --- but the staff at the comfort inn welcomed us, even with our 3 labrador retrievers!

the hotel was clean, the free hot breakfast was excellent and all the people who worked there were so nice to us in a very stressful situation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicole N, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

We were happy to have you and your 'furry friends' as our guests! Visit us again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We recently stayed here for a 3 day weekend. Its location was perfect. It was about a fifteen minute drive to the stadium where we were going for the rv show. I did not mind the drive at all. It was very easy to navigate. The rooms were surprisingly large. I expected much smaller. It did have a strange smell but nothing that actually bothered any of us. Breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast. Cereal and other basic. Dining room was definitely small and cramped but most people ate and left immediately to free up space. In conclusion it is very well worth it to stay here. If we had stayed in Hershey the bill would have been much higher.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

We were pleased to have you as our guests and hope to have you visit again!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My children and grandchildren ( 11 ) of us stayed here while we were visiting Hershey Park and Chocolate World. What a clean, inviting hotel. Staff was very sweet especially Casey who took care of our reservation over the phone a few weeks prior and was on duty at check in. My family enjoyed the spacious rooms and the breakfast that was offered each morning. We will def. be staying here again on our next visit to this area !!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

We can't wait to visit with you again on your next family vacation!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

My daughter and I make a trip to Hershey Park every year, this was our 3rd time staying at this property. I like staying here for the convenience of location, proximity to stores, and definitely this time for the way the Manager Barbara went out of her way! I had already pre paid the hotel because of the great rate and I had an issue before traveling, Barbara went out of her way to help me with a situation that came up. I liked the way she answered the phone and how personable she was. With that being said, I was satisfied with our room, which are pretty much the largest rooms in the area, the breakfast area a little small, but we just got our breakfast and went to our room to enjoy it, the room was cleaned nicely, internet worked fine, the pool was clean and has a great area around it to enjoy sitting. The only thing I would prepare anyone for is do not stay in a room on second floor near the doors to the stairs to the front desk, they slam every time someone goes through them, which was very often while we were there! Overall, this is my "go to" hotel for each trip to the area of Hershey/Harrisburg!

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the ice maker or if on second floor NOT near the doors to the front stairs...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Hey There! Thank you so much for the kind words - you are making me blush though. It was our pleasure to be able to help you. As I told you before, there isn't much we can't do without some notice and flexibility. I am just glad all worked out for you We enjoyed seeing you again. I personally enjoyed meeting you and getting to chat. See you next year!

Yours in hospitality,
B.~

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We were a little nervous from reading reviews but when we checked in we were pleasantly surprised. We somehow ended up with the King Suite! Which was enormous. Only thing was the room was right across from the ice machine and there was a family full of small boys staying down the hall and the boys were running around playing with the ice machine until past 11pm! I did open the door to look for an adult which was no where in site so I then called the front desk to have someone come tell them to calm down which they did. The hotel was in a great location, close to Hershey and easy to take a day trip to Gettysburg. Also there are several dining options down the road which was nice. The hotel did include breakfast but if you want first pick you need to go early!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear SkateGirl314,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are especially glad you had a good stay and were able to enjoy the upgrade. I am sorry that you had the pitter patter of not so little feet running the hallway. However in all seriousness thank you for calling that to our attention, I am sure you were not the only ones who were feeling the same way. We hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Yours in Hospitality,