“LOVED IT!!!!!!”

Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
womelsdorf, PA
“LOVED IT!!!!!!”
Reviewed 5 March 2007

My husband and I like to "get away" overnight every few months or so for some alone time. This year for Christmas I booked a jacuzzi suite at this hotel. I pre-paid for the room for January 20, however, we were not able to make it and they gladly postponed the reservation for 2/24/07. Unfortunately we had a huge snow storm that week and had to postpone AGAIN to 3/4/07. The hotel really needs to re-do its website as you cannot tell how lovely the hotel is from the site. The front desk staff were young bubbly girls and check in took approximately 1 minute. When we entered out room, I thought there was a mistake, there was a HUGE room, spotlessly clean, cherry victorian armoire with TV, sink/counter are with sink and microwave, sofa, chair, desk and chair...but where was the BED and the jacuzzi? I then realized after walking through this large room, there was a seperate bedroom, fabulous huge jacuzzi, king bed with the most wonderful sheets, same cherry armoire with another TV, SPACIOUS as could be, dressing area with sink and full length mirror, bathroom, SPOTLESS with an array of bath products, huge THICK towels and a rainfall shower head. The price I paid for this hotel (yes, it is off season, I realize, but still) was unreal. It is located on the "main drag" with a thousand restaurants, etc to chose from and minutes from Bass Pro Shop, Hershey Park, malls, etc. yet, I never heard one SOUND of traffic outside. There is a nice breakfast buffet included, with plenty of tables and chairs to sit and relax, although we are not morning people and just got coffee and cinammon buns to take back to our room. The only drawback was the TV stations- they only have about 10 channels, 2 HBO's, ESPN, CNN and a few other random channels. All in all, we loved it. As a matter of fact at one point my husband said "Lets MOVE IN here!"

• Disliked — the spacious and cleanliness of the room
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank ProducerVicki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Hebrew first
north america
Reviewed 19 July 2006

Thtis is a nice hotel with nice rooms conveniently located. The breakfast was good also. Now the bad news it has one of the most inept staffs I have come across. It started after check-in when I opened the door to my room and found the room ocupied. There were clothes and luggage in the room, I immediately closed the door and reported this to the front desk and was told "this is not possible". Why would I make this up and why not get off your butt and see for yourself? I was finally given another room. I took the family down to the pool and noticed that there were no towels left so I went to the front desk to ask for towels.
The girl at the desk said the guy would bring them out. An hour later there were no towels and my family was ready to leave the pool area. I saw the same girl outside smoking and having a conversation so I asked her about the towels, she saw my family standing there dripping wet and said the same thing "the guy will bring them out" then she went back to her conversation. So we walked through the hotel dripping wet. I reported this to the manager at the front desk when checking out and instead of apologizing mumbled something about having a pool attendant in the future. So, if you do not need the staff for anything you may have a good stay at this property but you are on your own

• Disliked — Bad Staff
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank sobore
New York
Reviewed 19 September 2005

This hotel was nice...newly remodeled. Rooms clean and spacious! Continental breakfast was excellent! Rolls, muffins, bagels, fruit, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, cereals, etc. and coffee with flavored creamers!
We stayed for one night in order to go to Hershey Park..very close.
Had dinner at RED ROBINS right down the road from hotel. Hotel is only 2 floors..so its now a big hotel. I would recommend it.

Stayed September 2005
8 Thank JWTraveler2015
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 August 2005

I traveled to Harrisburg in order to visit Hersheypark with my husband and our three children: ages 8, 5 & 4. Charmaine at the front desk was incredibly helpful and informative. (A tip from her: buy your tickets in advance at Giant Food Store for $10 off each adult ticket and $1 off each child ticket. Arrive at the park by 7 pm for free preview night with tickets in hand and you will get into the park quicker. Also, you will only pay once for parking. Keep your parking stub and your preview stamped tickets and show them at the parking gate to save yourself from spending another $8.)

The room was kept exceptionally clean by the housekeeping staff. Our room (#213) had two queen beds, was spacious and had a view of the pool. The pool itself was well maintained and always had a fresh supply of pool towels. We really enjoyed swimming in the afternoon after a day in the park.

The hotel also provided quick access to Hershey. The hotel is right off Exit 72 on I-81. Take I-81 North to Exit 77 and follow Rt. 39 right into the Parking Lot of Hershey (a 10-15 minute drive). Much less traffic than I-83 & Rt. 422.

Although there was no restaurant, they provided a nice continental breakfast which was kept VERY well stocked and had cinnamon rolls to die for. I don't usually indulge in them, but these were delicious. There was also cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, bagels, muffins, wonderful coffee and several juices.

The only difficulty we had was in getting onto I-81. We would have to leave the hotel, make a U-turn, and then turn again to get onto I-81.

All in all, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I highly recommend this hotel for your future visit to Hersheypark.

• Stayed August 2005
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 January 2005

Just did a stay here w/ my wife for our anniversary. I'm Priority Club Platinum used points for the stay with my wife. Scheduled for a Queen bed room/suite. Sent an email to manager Karen Gagnon asking if it would be possible to get an upgrade to one of the jacuzzi suites. She replied this would not be a problem if space was available when I arrived. Sure enough on arrival they put us in one of the jacuzzi suites. Room was nice the tub was huge I think this is the biggest hottub I've seen in a hotel room :). Anyway would definitely recommend this place if visiting the Hershey area. Hershey is about a 15 minute drive from here and there are plenty of restaurants etc real close to the hotel as well.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member