My husband and I like to "get away" overnight every few months or so for some alone time. This year for Christmas I booked a jacuzzi suite at this hotel. I pre-paid for the room for January 20, however, we were not able to make it and they gladly postponed the reservation for 2/24/07. Unfortunately we had a huge snow storm that week and had to postpone AGAIN to 3/4/07. The hotel really needs to re-do its website as you cannot tell how lovely the hotel is from the site. The front desk staff were young bubbly girls and check in took approximately 1 minute. When we entered out room, I thought there was a mistake, there was a HUGE room, spotlessly clean, cherry victorian armoire with TV, sink/counter are with sink and microwave, sofa, chair, desk and chair...but where was the BED and the jacuzzi? I then realized after walking through this large room, there was a seperate bedroom, fabulous huge jacuzzi, king bed with the most wonderful sheets, same cherry armoire with another TV, SPACIOUS as could be, dressing area with sink and full length mirror, bathroom, SPOTLESS with an array of bath products, huge THICK towels and a rainfall shower head. The price I paid for this hotel (yes, it is off season, I realize, but still) was unreal. It is located on the "main drag" with a thousand restaurants, etc to chose from and minutes from Bass Pro Shop, Hershey Park, malls, etc. yet, I never heard one SOUND of traffic outside. There is a nice breakfast buffet included, with plenty of tables and chairs to sit and relax, although we are not morning people and just got coffee and cinammon buns to take back to our room. The only drawback was the TV stations- they only have about 10 channels, 2 HBO's, ESPN, CNN and a few other random channels. All in all, we loved it. As a matter of fact at one point my husband said "Lets MOVE IN here!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Inn Harrisburg. Our charming hotel is situated in a convenient location between Hersheypark and the Pennsylvania State Capitol and easily accessible via I-81 and I-83. Travelers can choose their own adventure at many nearby attractions, whether it's exploring the simple life of the Amish in Lancaster County, getting behind the wheel at the Carlisle car shows or enjoying "The Sweetest Place on Earth." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Inn Harrisburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Harrisburg Hotel Harrisburg
- Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg
- Harrisburg Holiday Inn