“Very good hotel”

Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Sanborn, NY
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed 14 September 2006

We stayed at this Quality Inn for 3 nights while attending a quilt show at the Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg. It is very clean - If my wife says it is clean, it really is clean. The rooms and beds were very comfortable. The continental breakfast was good, everything you needed to start the day. Someone was always cleaning and restocking the breakfast.
It is very convenient, right off exit 72 of I-81. Many restaurants nearby. It took us only about 15 minutes to get to the Farm Show Complex, with a lot of heavy traffic. We would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Traffic
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Pekinal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Sellersville, PA
Reviewed 24 January 2006

Being a member of the Choice Hotels program, we decided to cash in some of our points for an overnite stay near our son's condo in the Harrisburg area. I concur that the site is relatively clean, and the room was comfortable. I might add that the continental breakfast was fairly basic, but the downside was that there wasn't hot water for the morning shower. I reported this upon check-out, and the desk person said, "Yes, we've been hearing that report today. I guess I'll need to tell the manager."
There was no offer to refund part or all of the points. Upon my return, I was e-mailed an evaluation form for the stay, and I reported this difficulty. I also checked the space saying that I would like to be contacted, noting that Hampton Inns would have given 100% refund because of lack of satisfaction. A couple of weeks later, still no action. I guess it will be the last time we visit this site!

Stayed January 2006
3 Thank gumrat
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 17 August 2005

We stayed at the Quality Inn Harrisburg for a weekend trip to Hershey Park. After searching online for hotels near Hershey Park (which were over-priced) I found the Quality Inn's rates to be reasonable (we paid $80 for a double room, AAA rate). The hotel is no frills but very comfortable.

The hotel is only 15 minutes or less from Hershey Park. The front desk clerk was very accommodating & gave us brochures & maps to the park, restaurants & shopping plazas in the area. Our room was a standard with 2 double beds, sink outside of the bathroom, TV w/basic cable, iron & board & coffee maker. The beds were very comfortable, and linens and towels were immaculate. It looked as if the rooms have recently been refurbished (we noticed new bathroom wallpaper). The hotel has a free continental breakfast, but we missed it every morning.

I'd recommend the Quality Inn, especially to those with families heading to Hershey Park - it's affordable, convenient and clean. Another tip: purchase your amusement park tickets at Giant Food down the street from the Quality Inn. They are $29.99 at Giant, which beats any coupons CVS or any other retailer has in the area.

• Stayed August 2005