“excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I came into Sakana with a party of 8 for hibachi for a birthday without a reservation around 5:40 on a Tuesday. I was surprised how busy it was and I realized we should have made a reservation. We were quickly seated. Our waitress was a nice blonde girl named Clara. She was very pleasent and took our orders. When she brought our app (Japanese Muscles, LOVE THESE!) we asked for more sauce, eventhough she had many others tables she quickly fufilled our needs. Our hibachi chef was Eddie. I heard some diners at other tables complaining that he didnt talk much, I realized this too, but then when I did try to talk to him he said he did not speak english very well. This angered me that people were mad at him just because he couldnt speak english!!! I got the steak and noodles. Extremely delicious!! The seafood sauce is also supurb! Our waitress filled our drinks throughout the meals and even sang our son happy birthday! When I come back I am definetly asking for Clara and Eddie again! I will also remember to make a reservation next time!! VERY PLEASED!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Clara B

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“I wish their sushi wasn't so good...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

The quality of their sushi is the only reason I've returned to Sakana. It's by far the best in the Harrisburg area. One big however... The service is a huge letdown, and has been my last several visits. I've tried eating in, taking out, and so far neither have worked.

Am incredibly disappointed as I really wanted this to be my go-to restaurant of choice for sushi. Ugh.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Dissapointing. Sub-par service. Okay food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I had never gone to Sakana and I will not likely ever return. The waitress was pleasant but difficult to get hold of when needed. One member of our party ordered two appetizers for his meal and she brought that out to him with the salad course instead of thinking about it and asking if he wanted it served at the time we were served our main dish. (Granted, we should have said something, but it would have been a sign of good service for her to think of it). We had to ask for water several times. Our check included items we didn't order and it took nearly ten minutes to get her attention to correct it. She was very nice about it and apologized but having to wait to correct her mistake was irritating.
The hibachi chef was boooooooring! No entertainment at all. Maybe I was expecting too much. He barely said hello when arriving at our table. Only interacted when we tried to engage him. The sole reason we went to sakana was because a young woman staying with us who had never been to hibachi. I told her how much fun a hibachi chef is and that they entertain and joke while cooking. My kids told her how fun it is. Not here! Not one joke. Barely a smile. Sure, he made the onion volcano and lit it on fire, but he didn't talk at all unless we talked to him first. He just cooked. Frankly, it was awkward. None of us really talked to each other because we thought it would be kinda rude while he was there cooking. We felt obligated to watch him. And it was sooo boring. I will say the food was good. Not great, but decent.
Hugely dissapointed. I can't wait for Mikado to reopen.

• Visited July 2013
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I've gone here for sushi twice and hibachi twice in the past four months, and have found that the quality of the food has been consistently good. There are a good number of innovative sushi rolls and I really like the presentation of the rolls. Hibachi is very entertaining, and while some have complained of the excessive use of soy sauce, I did not find that to be the case (although I'm Asian and it didn't seem excessive to me). Service was great - it's a busy place, and the wait staff hustle. They certainly aren't sitting around doing nothing! I would definitely recommend reservations for the hibachi tables on Friday and Saturday nights - they tend to fill up quickly. It's spacious enough in the restaurant that if you'd prefer a quieter table, ask to sit in the sushi area. I know I'll be back!

• Visited April 2013
“Fantastic sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

I had dinner here with a friend last week. I loved the Sakana salad! And the sushi was also excellent. Plus it'sa BYOB, which helps make it very aaffordable. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited April 2013