“Delicioso!!!!”

Dining options: Reservations, Seating
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicioso!!!!”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

To all the oxy moronic idiots that are running the whole in their faces about about bad service or food, go jump off a bridge. I'm a loyal customer and the meatballs ARE NOT BLAND! Their made from scratch with filet mignon and the best I've EVER had!!! Also to the morons complaining about the sauce being too sweet or whatever try GETTING DIFFERENT SAUCE NEXT TIME! They offer a varage of different sauces and more than one type of red sauce so if you think it's too sweet get another kind they'll gladly switch it out so try asking before you have to be ridiculous a-hole and write a bad review for an amazing restaurant with awesome service and wonderful food over something that could have easily been fixed! People have nothing better to do than bad mouth an amazing restaurant.

1 Thank amberb0386

“A disappointing meal”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I had heard good things about Cribari's from friends, so my friend and I decided to give it a whirl before a movie at the Midtown Cinema (across the street). I ordered meatball parmesan with penne pasta. The "homemade" meatballs were bland, as was the tomato sauce that covered them and the pasta (and the sauce had a slightly sweet taste, meaning too much sugar, which I HATE).

I had French onion soup as an appetizer and it was also lacking in flavor. It wasn't awful, but again I expected better from the other reports. I may give it another chance before a movie, but I'll stay away from the Italian offerings and go with straight meat or fish next time.

Visited January 2013
“Terrible Dining Experience”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Awful, almost to the point of being comical, experience. I had been here several times while it was still Nonna's, and loved it. Tonight, I took my mom here for her birthday, and I had to apologize and feel terrible for taking her there.

Here's what went wrong:
- out of bread
- threw away the mushrooms b/c they "didn't look good", so none for the portabello menu items (although I'd prefer this to eating something bad)
- waitress was unfriendly, cold, did the bare minimum - I had to ask for salt and pepper, she put cleaning a table before attending to our table, although there were only 4 customers in the whole restaurant
- menu is pricey despite smaller portions, lack of sides
- only 1 side offered - vegetable medley
- restaurant was freezing cold
- sign on the door said CASH ONLY, but when I gave her a $5 and asked for five 1s, she had to go across the street to try to get change because "he doesn't like to keep cash in the drawer"... HUH?!

The food was mediocre. I've had much better for 1/2 the price. I will not be going back to Cribari's again. :(

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank BeckyE618
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Awesome”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My wife and I went to Midtown Cinema to go watch a movie we wanted to see for months. Afterwards we were a little hungry so we decided to stop across the street for a bite too eat. I ordered the confriuta (something like that) a seafood dish and my wife ordered the tuscanny Ny strip steak. My order was perfectly done and it was amazing!!!! My wife Elena was raving it was the best steak she ever had. The chef whulich was also the owner came out to sedition everything was to our specifications and we complimented him generously. I have to say Cribari's is a hidden gem in midtown Hbg. WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!!!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank etran6000x
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Italian Food & Atmosphere”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We had an excellent dinner at Cribari's last night. The food was delicious and we really liked the outdoor seating on the sidewalk so we could bring our pup along. The staff made us feel very welcome (they even brought our pup some treats and water). They were also knowledgeable about the menu and accommodating to requests to tweak one of the specials (no olives please). The menu is inventive...you can tell they have a chef and not a cook. Loved the calamari with honey mustard sauce and peppers. Thr prices are also reasonable and the restaurant is BYOB, which makes it even better. We will be back!

• Visited June 2012